Jay Wright might want to change defenses | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright might want to change defenses

I’m very surprised nova had as good a year as they did after losing Spellman, Divincenzo, Bridges, and Brunson.

Their team last year was one of best ever and not enough people really talked about it. They won every game in the tourney by 10+ points. That’s insane.

But I didn’t think man could get torched from 3?

It may be an argument from some but not me. My point isn't that the zone isn't good against 3 point shooters, my point is that instead of waiting for a teams percentage to even out, change it up and put a guy in the shirt of the shooters that are killing us.

In all reality the argument pro zone and anti zone can go back and forth with no correct answer.

It may be an argument from some but not me. My point isn't that the zone isn't good against 3 point shooters, my point is that instead of waiting for a teams percentage to even out, change it up and put a guy in the shirt of the shooters that are killing us.

In all reality the argument pro zone and anti zone can go back and forth with no correct answer.

Honestly, I don't think that anyone says that.

AND their two supposedly impact recruits a swider and quinerly really didn’t do anything.

Not a bad down year for Nova after losing most of their championship team. Still won their conference regular season and tourney and a game in the NCAAT.
I'm not crying for them. And they have a good recruiting class coming in. I don't think Jay leaves any time soon.

After this game, guess he’s no longer a candidate to replace JB.

cross-him-off-5b5fd6.jpg

Thats because when a team plays crappy defense its blamed on the scheme instead of the personnel.

How do you think Villanova should have changed their D? They got lit up.

Villanova’s down year still earned them a regular season and tourney title, a 6 seed and seed them bringing in the best recruiting class in school history. Oh and they have two rings in the last 3 years. I think one bad defensive game in a rebuilding year that was still better than anything we’ve had recently is hardly something to try turning into some weird zone defense.

How do you think Villanova should have changed their D? They got lit up.

Do they practice zone? Did they make any adjustments? Did they change personnel?

I didn't watch the game so I really can't comment but sticking with the status quo waiting for percentages to even out I don't think is a good strategy. I don't think I'm that crazy.

Villanova’s down year still earned them a regular season and tourney title, a 6 seed and seed them bringing in the best recruiting class in school history. Oh and they have two rings in the last 3 years. I think one bad defensive game in a rebuilding year that was still better than anything we’ve had recently is hardly something to try turning into some weird zone defense.

Very literal.

Big east champs after losing 4 pros and winning it all 2/3 years. You see their recruits for next year? Jay got zip to worry about

We don't have to pretend winning a mid major conference means something now, do we?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom