JB’s Presser after FSU | Syracusefan.com

JB’s Presser after FSU

JB said that we haven't been good on defense down the stretch in games. I wonder if he has a theory on why that may be.

Blamed loss on lack of rebounding (called out QG specifically) and defense. Said more than once "we scored enough to win"...

JB said that we haven't been good on defense down the stretch in games. I wonder if he has a theory on why that may be.

Blamed loss on lack of rebounding (called out QG specifically) and defense. Said more than once "we scored enough to win"...
I am so tired of the bashing of QG. It wasn't bashing today but he always mentions him in a negative light. Enough. We get it JB he is your whipping boy. The reason we lost the last two games are closer. Much closer.

Ditto. Marek and Sidibe only had a couple more rebounds and they played a lot more minutes. i actually thought a Sidibe played well today.

QG knows what JB is saying and what he wants. JB has said that Q has more to give and he wants to see it. Q agrees.

Yeah. I believe Donna asked about moving Hughes to the 2 down the stretch he said, he didn't think about it and that we were big enough, but it helps the rebounding and the defense while you're trying to protect a lead...maybe he should have thought about it....

Last edited:
Well if Guerrier should get more than two rebounds, then Buddy should get more than ZERO points. I had as many points as Buddy today. Buddy does nothing to get to the line. He avoids contact all over the floor. When you’re struggling, find ways to get to the line.

Well if Guerrier should get more than two rebounds, then Buddy should get more than ZERO points. I had as many points as Buddy today. Buddy does nothing to get to the line. He avoids contact all over the floor. When you’re struggling, find ways to get to the line.
Your one of my top three mvps for this game. ( not a knock on your post)

Quincy battles but he’s not overly athletic in terms of his vertical jumping ability. FSU had a half dozen players who outshone him in that department.

JB also mentioned that Marek and Sidibe need to play better. But they’re also overmatched athletically by a number of FSU players.

I don’t disagree with him but...Here’s the problem with your son on the team. Right or wrong, it can be argued that he’s covering for Buddy.

It could be putting Buddy in a tough situation in the locker room.

Buddy strikes me as the kind of kid that would own up to his slump and have the confidence to shoot out of it. Whether his coach mentions it or not in a presser.

It could be putting Buddy in a tough situation in the locker room.

Buddy strikes me as the kind of kid that would own up to his slump and have the confidence to shoot out of it. Whether his coach mentions it or not in a presser.
He could say that we have Buddy in the game to make shots. He has to make shots for us to win. Period. It would be consistent to who jb has been for 44 years.

JB did say that Buddy couldn’t shoot today. He also said Syracuse needs Buddy out on the court to keep the defense honest/have an offensive threat so he indirectly answered why Buddy played when he could have slid Hughes to 2 guard or played Goodine more.

Maybe JB knows Quincy can handle or needs tough love & maybe he knows Buddy gets down if he critizes him. JB should know better than anyone how to modivate or avoid killing Buddy’s confidence but I agree it looks bad.

I don’t disagree with him but...Here’s the problem with your son on the team. Right or wrong, it can be argued that he’s covering for Buddy.

And will be every time he has a bad game.

But it's far from the first time JB, (or Dino or any other coach) attempted to deflect criticism from a player who had a bad game so it could be shared by the team as a whole.

Quincy battles but he’s not overly athletic in terms of his vertical jumping ability. FSU had a half dozen players who outshone him in that department.
Wherever Q measures up athletically-
Appreciate that he can bull his way to get inside shots -only guy we have able to do that.
Poor Marek and Sidibe get bounced around so bad, sometimes painful to watch!

But it's far from the first time JB, (or Dino or any other coach) attempted to deflect criticism from a player who had a bad game so it could be shared by the team as a whole.
right. tell that to jalen carey. remember the famous 5 for 5 speech ? 5 mistakes in 5 minutes you sit rest of the game ? (and yes he listed missed shots as mistakes as i recall.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom