JB calling into Axe about recruiting now | Syracusefan.com

JB calling into Axe about recruiting now

Says he thinks Hughes, HW, and Bourama are all top 50 players. Oshae is top 30.

Says Moyer and Oshae are wings.

Likes the new guys coming in.

Says we will sign one or two guards and a big for sure.

Thinks it's Frank Howard's time.

Just him free flowing.

Just him free flowing.
Buddy, Ayala, baz...maybe Lou? That'd be a nice class

Just him free flowing.

No mention of Marek?

Just him free flowing.

Thanks for posting.

Brissett is going to be a big time player for us from the start.

If Hughes is an NBA player he is only playing 1 year here.

Kids don't stay.

No mention of Marek?
He talked about Marek in his press conference from the Albany road show yesterday. Says he will be overseas all summer and we won't see him until September. Also said that Thorpe is finishing up summer school and won't be here until then either. He likes Marek a lot.

He talked about Marek in his press conference from the Albany road show yesterday. Says he will be overseas all summer and we won't see him until September. Also said that Thorpe is finishing up summer school and won't be here until then either. He likes Marek a lot.

Hope this doesn't effect the defense to the point where it's below average. We don't have the offense we had last season.

Calling Sidibe and Howard Washington top 50 recruits does nothing to help them. All it does is raise expectations for them as a freshman.
His comments on Hughes in the Chris Carlson article are unbelievable and don't help the kids.

Calling Sidibe and Howard Washington top 50 recruits does nothing to help them. All it does is raise expectations for them as a freshman.
His comments on Hughes in the Chris Carlson article are unbelievable and don't help the kids.

He didn't say HW was a to 50 kid. Just that he liked him. He called Sidibe a top 50-60 kid.

The tone sounded one of trying to appease the base after another high profile recruiting loss, bigging up the guys we have more than he otherwise would do. I think he is being optimistic by 30-40 ranking places to placate the natives and keep a sense of relative optimism within the fan base. Truthfully, my guess is he is also less than pleased and concerned.

If you listen again closely he did say he thought HW was highly rated. That's how I took it. The same for Sidibe and more so for Oshae.

Last edited:
If you listen again closely he did say he thought HW was highly rated. That's how I took it. The same for Sidibe and Moreno for Oshae.

Pretty much everybody that's come in is the cats meow.

I'm not debating that there is talent with this guys, but I'm sick of him citing Warrick every year when it comes to low rated recruits.

If you listen again closely he did say he thought HW was highly rated. That's how I took it. The same for Sidibe and Moreno for Oshae.

He said he likes HW, not that he should be highly rated. He needs to justify his recruiting haul and is being optimistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom