JB comin up on ESPN News | Syracusefan.com

JB comin up on ESPN News

cuseincincy

All Conference
just a statement, not live, no video. Basically, "he's lying."

Win lose or draw, I like how JB handles things.

We're gettin torched on ESPN, if we're clean this is the way to handle it.

Well JB has completely sealed his fate with Bernie's. If more comes out and evidence becomes overwhelmingly in favor of Bernie being guilty, JB is toast, even if he had no idea this was ever going on. But right now, I like the way he is handling the situation.

JB and the U have run a clinic on crisis management here.

The trajectory of this story was totally different before the university statements and then JB's powerful words.

JB and the U have run a clinic on crisis management here.

The trajectory of this story was totally different before the university statements and then JB's powerful words.

Spot on.

And you don't take this tact without confidence in your position--because if anything else comes out, the repercussions would be 100 times more severe in the court of public opinion.

Spot on.

And you don't take this tact without confidence in your position--because if anything else comes out, the repercussions would be 100 times more severe in the court of public opinion.

Exactly...The only direct quote from JoePa was in regard to no longer being the coach; his son/attorney speaks for him on the accusations.

Well JB has completely sealed his fate with Bernie's. If more comes out and evidence becomes overwhelmingly in favor of Bernie being guilty, JB is toast, even if he had no idea this was ever going on. But right now, I like the way he is handling the situation.

Rightly or wrongly, given the current public opinion surrounding Penn State, his fate was sealed with Bernie's anyway. This is 180 degrees from how Paterno handled things. Of course, he had that pesky grand jury testimony to contend with.

Spot on.

If you think Cantor is happy about JB's comments or on board.. you would be mistaken..

If you think Cantor is happy about JB's comments or on board.. you would be mistaken..

Well, considering I didn't make any reference to Cantor, I wouldn't be mistaken.

why would you say that ejz? How would you know what cantor thinks? If she told jb to keep quiet, I think he would have.

why would you say that ejz? How would you know what cantor thinks? If she told jb to keep quiet, I think he would have.
Yeah I've been wondering about this. I wonder if he did get the "OK" from the university to speak freely - or if he's going rogue...

Yeah I've been wondering about this. I wonder if he did get the "OK" from the university to speak freely - or if he's going rogue...

In this particular case I'd expect he got the OK before he went public. It was the right strategy, we had ESPN reporting uncorroborated allegations like they were facts. No choice but to come out with roundhouses when the media has abandoned any pretense of professionalism.

Well Boeheim certainly changed the Breaking News narrative, now it includes his quote AND the fact that this was already investigated and discredited. The more that comes out, the better this looks, unfortunately if Fine is innocent this will forever tarnish his name.

Well Boeheim certainly changed the Breaking News narrative, now it includes his quote AND the fact that this was already investigated and discredited. The more that comes out, the better this looks, unfortunately if Fine is innocent this will forever tarnish his name.
Fortunatley if Fine is innocent, he is mostly unknown nationally and will be forgotten. And he will likely regain his rep in Syracuse at least.

Agreed..they are not in sync...She is all about being PC...He aint..

I was reading the comments on the ESPN web article when the story broke, all the comments were assuming Fine was a pedophile and Syracuse covered it up. Most of the comments now are ripping on ESPN. The narrative is changing rapidly, some of it is that Davis looked like a lying meth addict but part of it is that JB came out swinging. If Cantor was opposed to this an hour ago, she should be thrilled with the results. Sometimes being "PC" and risk-averse just means that you are going to get steam-rolled by life. This was not a time to dance around, JB played it right.

unfortunately if Fine is innocent this will forever tarnish his name.

I'm hoping he becomes the guy everybody remembers got falsely accused of horrible charges when ESPN decided to do TMZ reporting. With how quickly the narrative has changed it seems like that might still be the result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom