JB coming up next on Mike & Mike | Syracusefan.com

JB coming up next on Mike & Mike

Mike Waters
Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "I thought this year we had better wins. Committee's emphasis this year was on the losses.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "All the teams on the bubble won their big games at home. I thought we had more big wins.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "We did have a road win at Duke last year, but Duke was better this year and we beat them.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "You have to look at yourself and say 'We should've won another game.'

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "Greensboro beat (ETSU) twice.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "We were way out of the tournament at one point. To come back and win those games says a lot about our team.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: Says he'd like to have a permanent chairman of committee.

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: Just questioned Wichita State's 10-seed and Wisconsin's 8-seed as being too low.

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: In talking about SU's losses, @JayBilas brings up Vandy's 15 losses and Vandy's a 9-seed.

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "I love Greensboro. I made a comment that the ACC tournament needs to be in a big city.''

The Boeheim segment on @MikeAndMike has come to an end. Back to work!

Last edited:
Honestly... JB sort of irritated me in this interview. The host desperately wanted to unload on the inconsistency of selection year to year and JB simply took the high road. Very odd. If im 70 and I see USC, VANDY get in over us with a lesser resume, i am going off. I expected more of him today.

Mike Waters
Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "I thought this year we had better wins. Committee's emphasis this year was on the losses.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "All the teams on the bubble won their big games at home. I thought we had more big wins.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "We did have a road win at Duke last year, but Duke was better this year and we beat them.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "You have to look at yourself and say 'We should've won another game.'

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "Greensboro beat (ETSU) twice.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "We were way out of the tournament at one point. To come back and win those games says a lot about our team.''

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: Says he'd like to have a permanent chairman of committee.

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: Just questioned Wichita State's 10-seed and Wisconsin's 8-seed as being too low.

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: In talking about SU's losses, @JayBilas brings up Vandy's 15 losses and Vandy's a 9-seed.

Boeheim on @MikeAndMike: "I love Greensboro. I made a comment that the ACC tournament needs to be in a big city.''

The Boeheim segment on @MikeAndMike has come to an end. Back to work!
The punks in the media played a gotcha game with Jim asking him about Greensboro after the Miami loss which he knew probably cost them an NCAA bid. He clarified it by saying he wasn't down on Greensboro but playing in a global city like NYC, DC or ATL was better for recruiting and the league image. And he is 100% correct, as usual.

The punks in the media played a gotcha game with Jim asking him about Greensboro after the Miami loss which he knew probably cost them an NCAA bid. He clarified it by saying he wasn't down on Greensboro but playing in a global city like NYC, DC or ATL was better for recruiting and the league image. And he is 100% correct, as usual.

They weren't playing a gotcha game...it was a legit question after JB's comments last week. I would've ask the question if I had been one of them...

Losing to St Johns, GTown, UConn, BC, Pitt, and Ga Tech is what cost SU a bid.

Nothing that JB said had any effect on the outcome.

They weren't playing a gotcha game...it was a legit question after JB's comments last week. I would've ask the question if I had been one of them...

It is a trap question to ask after that loss. It had nothing to do with the game and nothing to do with SU not getting into the Tourney. It was a question the the media troll knew would illicit a harsh reply.

In retrospect so many opportunities to have improved our profile. So many opportunities to prove that we belonged and we simply didn't get it done. I can look at our season and not be too upset that we didn't get in. It's only when I start to look at some of the teams that did get in instead of us that I start to get upset about it.

It is a trap question to ask after that loss. It had nothing to do with the game and nothing to do with SU not getting into the Tourney. It was a question the the media troll knew would illicit a harsh reply.

The media never asked him a question about Greensboro.

They asked him what he thought of having the ACCT back in NYC. JB replied that the ACCT needs to be in big cities, and that Greensboro isn't a big city.

The media never asked him a question about Greensboro.

They asked him what he thought of having the ACCT back in NYC. JB replied that the ACCT needs to be in big cities, and that Greensboro isn't a big city.
They are clever at that game.

Honestly... JB sort of irritated me in this interview. The host desperately wanted to unload on the inconsistency of selection year to year and JB simply took the high road. Very odd. If im 70 and I see USC, VANDY get in over us with a lesser resume, i am going off. I expected more of him today.

Taking the high road makes him look better than unloading on the process and coming off as bitter.

It is called a leading question. They learn that in journalism 101.

Q. Coach, I know you're the, quote-unquote, home team for this being in New York, but do you like the fact this is a more neutral site for this tournament, and would you like to see that going forward?

Leading question IMO.

They asked about being back in NYC because he had been in NYC so many times in the BET. Pretty innocuous question.
He was in an agitated emotional state after taking a loss that he well knew could cost the team a bid and having come from the locker where his staff and team were totally demoralized. Let's make Boeheim look like a hater, he really isn't. but that is what the whole country believes.

SU also beat Pitt and Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech also beat North Carolina. Pitt beat Maryland.

The costly losses were the others.

Dude, what are you talking about? A question from Mike & Mike? Because if you are talking about the post game press conference, all JB was asked was how does he like the tourney being in NYC. He brought up Greensboro completely out of left field. He wasn't baited in any possible way. It is a completely legit question to ask the head coach of New York's College Team about the ACC Tournament being NYC for the first time ever.