JB coming up next on Mike & Mike | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB coming up next on Mike & Mike

Dude, what are you talking about? A question from Mike & Mike? Because if you are talking about the post game press conference, all JB was asked was how does he like the tourney being in NYC. He brought up Greensboro completely out of left field. He wasn't baited in any possible way. It is a completely legit question to ask the head coach of New York's College Team about the ACC Tournament being NYC for the first time ever.

Don't you see? He was angry after the loss.

Dude, what are you talking about? A question from Mike & Mike? Because if you are talking about the post game press conference, all JB was asked was how does he like the tourney being in NYC. He brought up Greensboro completely out of left field. He wasn't baited in any possible way. It is a completely legit question to ask the head coach of New York's College Team about the ACC Tournament being NYC for the first time ever.
You must know Boeheim's personality and how easy it is to get him to go off when he is riled up.

You must know Boeheim's personality and how easy it is to get him to go off when he is riled up.

Wait, what?? And we are blaming that on the reporter? If I asked you how you liked the prime rib and it caused you to launch into a scorched earth rant about student loans that is my fault?

Wait, what?? And we are blaming that on the reporter? If I asked you how you liked the prime rib and it caused you to launch into a scorched earth rant about student loans that is my fault?
It was a great sound bite, the reporter did his job well.

Regardless of the inconsistency, I think bad losses should matter just as much as good wins. Otherwise, it sends a message that games against lesser opponents are glorified exhibitions.

Bringing up Greensboro in that context is not "completely out of left field." It is 100% related to the question. And when the reporter said "do you like the fact this is a more neutral site for this tournament?" he was clearly referencing Greensboro, which may as well be a home game for Duke and UNC. Asking a question about the game being in NYC and bringing up the fact that it is rotated among a number of cities (including GREENSBORO) makes it completely logical that JB would talk about Greensboro.

In retrospect so many opportunities to have improved our profile. So many opportunities to prove that we belonged and we simply didn't get it done. I can look at our season and not be too upset that we didn't get in. It's only when I start to look at some of the teams that did get in instead of us that I start to get upset about it.

Terrific post. Feel the same way.

Bringing up Greensboro in that context is not "completely out of left field." It is 100% related to the question. And when the reporter said "do you like the fact this is a more neutral site for this tournament?" he was clearly referencing Greensboro, which may as well be a home game for Duke and UNC. Asking a question about the game being in NYC and bringing up the fact that it is rotated among a number of cities (including GREENSBORO) makes it completely logical that JB would talk about Greensboro.
There was no need for him to mention them at all. Zero value. He could have made his point without ever using the g word. He brought it there because he's a cranky old man who lost his last opportunity to go out with an NCAA appearance.

I guess JB is a crazy old man who's incapable of being trusted to give a normal response to an innocuous question. The media should just not ask him questions.

greensboro is our new dexter lake club

i036599.jpg

they love us !!!!!

I find it ironic that you are a fan of school known for journalism and yet you seem to despise journalists...Very interesting dynamic there...
It was probably a Newhouse grad that came up with the question.

The media never asked him a question about Greensboro.

They asked him what he thought of having the ACCT back in NYC. JB replied that the ACCT needs to be in big cities, and that Greensboro isn't a big city.

He also added that the ACC offices are there and that it's convenient for them and the only reason why it is held in Greensboro. He didn't need to go there. He didn't need to start begging/pleading our case in a presser. It all just looks lousy to me.

I don't understand how USC got in over Syracuse at all. But if it was a razor thin difference between the two then it is not out of the realm of possibility to surmise that potentially some Committee members did not like his posturing and comments. Just don't go there after looking pathetic in an ACCT game that, by the way, you have never won yet! Maybe one of those committee members liked the old ACC. All it takes is one tiebreaker vote potentially. This I understand. He should've just kept his mouth shut.

I guess JB is a crazy old man who's incapable of being trusted to give a normal response to an innocuous question. The media should just not ask him questions.

Give me a break with calling the question innocuous while completely freaking out about the innocuous response. The response was perfectly normal and actually addressed what the reporter was insinuating.

There was no need for him to mention them at all. Zero value. He could have made his point without ever using the g word. He brought it there because he's a cranky old man who lost his last opportunity to go out with an NCAA appearance.

Even though the reporter did not mention Greensboro by name, he was absolutely insinuating that is what he was talking about. To accuse JB of bringing up Greensboro completely out of nowhere is totally off the mark. It's insane to me that the comments that he made in regards to Greensboro are being blown so far out of proportion. You would think he pulled a Ron Burgundy and said "Go F yourself, Greensboro." :noidea:

Even though the reporter did not mention Greensboro by name, he was absolutely insinuating that is what he was talking about. To accuse JB of bringing up Greensboro completely out of nowhere is totally off the mark. It's insane to me that the comments that he made in regards to Greensboro are being blown so far out of proportion. You would think he pulled a Ron Burgundy and said "Go F yourself, Greensboro." :noidea:
I think he kind of did.

I think he kind of did.

Which makes zero sense to me, but I suppose people take things how they want to take it. If the fine people of Greensboro are unable to recognize that their city is not on the same level as NYC, DC or Atlanta (which is ok - not many are, including Syracuse), then I don't know what to tell them.

Which makes zero sense to me, but I suppose people take things how they want to take it. If the fine people of Greensboro are unable to recognize that their city is not on the same level as NYC, DC or Atlanta (which is ok - not many are, including Syracuse), then I don't know what to tell them.
I think it was the way he said it, combined with his past comments. Denny's was a nice shot to southern towns in general.

Jim Boeheim: 'I don't care if the (ACC) tournament is on the moon'

The punks in the media played a gotcha game with Jim asking him about Greensboro after the Miami loss which he knew probably cost them an NCAA bid. He clarified it by saying he wasn't down on Greensboro but playing in a global city like NYC, DC or ATL was better for recruiting and the league image. And he is 100% correct, as usual.
he is but should have said it differently. you do not sh..on the tradition of the acc. or anyones traditions for that matter. he thinks he is above the game, and at this point, his arrogance is unwarranted. we are losers this year plain and simple.
he was correct, but said it totally wrong. when you want people to hear things you have to deliver the message in a way that can hear it, contemplate what you are saying, and maybe you effect change.
again what he said is true, however in this case they shot the messenger---and a new messenger at that.

he is but should have said it differently. you do not sh..on the tradition of the acc. or anyones traditions for that matter. he thinks he is above the game, and at this point, his arrogance is unwarranted. we are losers this year plain and simple.
he was correct, but said it totally wrong. when you want people to hear things you have to deliver the message in a way that can hear it, contemplate what you are saying, and maybe you effect change.
again what he said is true, however in this case they shot the messenger---and a new messenger at that.

You mean advocate for playing the tourney in large cities and avoid taking a dump on its traditional home?

Huh.