JB coming up next on Mike & Mike | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB coming up next on Mike & Mike

Which makes zero sense to me, but I suppose people take things how they want to take it. If the fine people of Greensboro are unable to recognize that their city is not on the same level as NYC, DC or Atlanta (which is ok - not many are, including Syracuse), then I don't know what to tell them.

I don't care about the people of Greensboro. It's the Committee and how it may have ruffled some feathers there. The timing of it especially since we had a chance to wrap up a bid but instead played poorly and looked clueless on offense. The margin of error was so small with theses bubble teams. Don't go there to potentially give fuel for a critical vote from a Committee member to screw you. Jay Williams, Steven A, and Max were all discussing this today. Williams especially didn't understand how USC got in over us. JB has had a rough few years. We still have sanctions. He should keep quiet and not add any fuel to any fires even if he is right.

Last edited:
I don't care about the people of Greensboro. It's the Committee and how it may have ruffled some feathers there. The timing of it especially since we had a chance to wrap up a bid but instead played poorly and looked clueless on offense. The margin of error was so small with theses bubble teams. Don't go there to potentially give fuel for a critical vote from a Committee member to screw you. Jay Williams, Steven A, and Max were all discussing this today. Williams especially didn't understand how USC got in over us. JB has had a rough few years. We still have sanctions. He should keep quiet and not add any fuel to any fires.

That's why I feel worse about this- the fact so many people disagree with us being left out, especially in favor of USC. If nobody talked about it I probably wouldn't feel as bad.

So many BASKETBALL people are saying these things. The guys who watch plenty of games. Too many people on the committee who probably love staring at numbers and checking boxes.

It was a she, Dana O'neil of ESPN to be precise. She's one of the best gals in the business of asking those tricky "leading" questions. :rolleyes:
Penn State grad Dana O'neil. B1G operative, no doubt.

I don't care about the people of Greensboro. It's the Committee and how it may have ruffled some feathers there. The timing of it especially since we had a chance to wrap up a bid but instead played poorly and looked clueless on offense. The margin of error was so small with theses bubble teams. Don't go there to potentially give fuel for a critical vote from a Committee member to screw you. Jay Williams, Steven A, and Max were all discussing this today. Williams especially didn't understand how USC got in over us. JB has had a rough few years. We still have sanctions. He should keep quiet and not add any fuel to any fires even if he is right.

Why would the NCAA committee give a crap about what he said about the ACC tournament and Greensboro? It is irrelevant to anything that they deal with.

Why would the NCAA committee give a crap about what he said about the ACC tournament and Greensboro? It is irrelevant to anything that they deal with.

They shouldn't in theory. I'm not going to repost my take again. I explained my thoughts already.

Losing to St Johns, GTown, UConn, BC, Pitt, and Ga Tech is what cost SU a bid.

Nothing that JB said had any effect on the outcome.

The Gt loss was fine, everyone lost to them in their building.

Well there it is. When JB retires, he would be the perfect chairman of the committee, because he would watch every team play throughout the year. And, Syracuse would always be in.
No hes replacing DeNiro in a sequel to Silver Linings Playbook. Its being titled Orange Lining Only Zone Playbook.