JB coming up on SVP | Syracusefan.com

JB coming up on SVP

Rushed breakdown of what was said

We struggled whole game, made a great comeback, one of the best of all time. down 6. disappointment we didnt get a stop with 10 secs to go. to win it the way we did, a bit of luck involved, but kid had to keep composer, perfect release, defended the play well, it was our 2nd option, long wasent there. Tyler made the most out of it. Duke made similar shot to tie. Stuggled all game, come out at the end, thats what this team has done all year. CJ and tyler have made big plays all year

tyler
he is calm. he is gonna get alot better. more physical, better shooter. doesnt have the explosiveness that PW or SD had. Calmness about him, more athletic then people think, Makes great decisions. Great pg's make good plays when the O isnt there. He can run an offense. makes good plays/decisions, gets to the basket. They dont all do that, not many PGs that can do that as a freshman. he smiled after the game. lebron made his shot, and went crazy. How is LB #1 on SC?

SVP -tyler was #1 all night, idk what happened

SVP show though Tylers shot was bigger then brons.

jb- Lebrons was tough, but it wasent 36 feet

SVP show- what is your message for the team being undefeated

jb- after we smiled in the locker room i addressed the fact that we were out rebounded, and let them get to the basket with 10 sec to go. we have to address those things when we when, to many coaches only address when you lose. Almost gave the game away because we didn't rebound
players don't think about ranking, or games won. Real good about playing the next game. We almost lost to st francis of ny. Players are aware of that, they've been good through this, playing in the moment. playing all ranked teams on the road coming up.

To win close games late, i think it comes down to the pg. making a play, getting the ball up there so it can be tipped in, or making the shot. End games sits are so pg driven. hard to double team a point guard.

surprised about the TO?

jb-i think that you can look at that two ways. Dixon wanted to stabilize his D, they did the right things, he set up his D, he said he would do it again. you can aruge that play all you want. comes down to, if they stop us, its the right play, if they don't, its the wrong play. I was glad we had the time to get set, and see what we were gonna do. throw it long, or dish to Tyler.

Hindsight is 20 20 and all, but I am so glad Jerami didn't try that touchdown pass to CJ. I really feel that JB set up a genius play with 3 different options for the inbounds: CJ long, Trevor coming back from midcout for the ball and Ennis making the diagonal cut.

I was glad we had the time to get set, and see what we were gonna do. throw it long, or dish to Tyler.

That's all you need to know about the TO. If it helps your opponent, it is not a good move.

I was glad we had the time to get set, and see what we were gonna do. throw it long, or dish to Tyler.

That's all you need to know about the TO. If it helps your opponent, it is not a good move.
you can say what you will about Roy Williams as a game coach, but he would never have called that TO

(I don't think it would have made a difference, though; Tyler was going to get the ball and get himself a shot either way)

moqui said:
you can say what you will about Roy Williams as a game coach, but he would never have called that TO (I don't think it would have made a difference, though; Tyler was going to get the ball and get himself a shot either way)
sure moqui. Dixon called the t o because he saw our offensive setup and couldnt relay it to his team fast enough to counter it because of the noise . So the last possible second called the t o, then JB switched the setup after the t o and the rest is in the history books.

sure moqui. Dixon called the t o because he saw our offensive setup and couldnt relay it to his team fast enough to counter it because of the noise . So the last possible second called the t o, then JB switched the setup after the t o and the rest is in the history books.
It was already figured out earlier. Dixon called timeout to slick his hair back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom