JB extremely confident | Syracusefan.com

JB extremely confident

He sure was, wasn't he?

I wonder if that's sincere or if he's trying to instill some confidence in the team.

I didn't see whatever interview this was from. What happened?

They had him and Calipari on at the same time. Sort of interesting. They both said identical stuff. JB said we've had two great practices since UC loss and that it was a "slap in the face" that has focused the players and made them take weaknesses seriously.

He sure was, wasn't he?

I wonder if that's sincere or if he's trying to instill some confidence in the team.

I don't recall JB ever talking up his team when he wasn't legitimately confident. The best anecdote of that was the SI story after the championship when JB was talking to the author before the season and told him that he thought we'd be good that year: "top 25 at best." Something like that.

I don't recall JB ever talking up his team when he wasn't legitimately confident. The best anecdote of that was the SI story after the championship when JB was talking to the author before the season and told him that he thought we'd be good that year: "top 25 at best." Something like that.

For the most part I think that's right. There have been a couple mentally-fragile teams (2008 comes to mind) that he was pretty positive about as a sort of confidence-booster for the players.

I liked what he said tonight, though. He sounded like someone who really likes his chances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom