JB has spoken | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

No one is making a decision based off what Chad Ford says.
I believe you are right, but it adds fuel to the fire of those "advising" Mali to go to the NBA.

Thanks for yet another megathread, JB.

It's sad but funny at the same time. It's like squirting lighter fluid on burning coals.

I think you are wrong here. JB is for the players best interest. Ford is an obstacle in their path of making a good decision.
JB should support their decisions without publicly coming off scorn. Keeping it real is what JB wants to do and that is his right.

JB clearly doesn't like Chad Ford. Chad Ford is not an obstacle in these kids making their decisions. Malachi talked to teams and they gave him what he wanted to hear. Not Chad Ford. Chad Ford is a hack but he isn't the problem. If these kids didn't want to leave they would stay. Ivan Rabb wanted to stay even though Chad Ford had him top 10. Thomas Bryant wanted to stay even though Chad Ford had him top 25.

The kids make these decisions if JB was for the players best interest he would just publicly say good luck and thanks instead he says that teams don't know and rips Chad Ford. That is frustration. I understand the frustration but I am saying its pointless.

We can pretty much go back over the last 10 years, change names, and recycle this same thread, complete w/ all the boring details.
IMHO, if I was in the player's position and the choice was between getting drafted, getting a shot to make it as a PRO and fulfill my life-long dream, all while making a substantially larger amount of money than a "normal" graduate of SU- be it in Europe, the NBADL, or sitting on an NBA bench somewhere. Versus the alternative of going to class, NOT getting paid to play, or holding off on taking a chance on myself and doing what I wanted to do... I'd probably leave. And I certainly wouldn't give a rats azz what some message board's "fan's" opinions were about my life decisions. If I ended up being wrong, its still my life.
Also, its a fact that these same criticisms are not usually leveled to the same degree at other prodigies, in other sports, or in fields like music/arts, all because they're not "representing" some program filled with passionate fans.
JB has his opinion, as do we all. The only ones that ultimately matters is Mali's, or the next fill-in-the-blank kid's decision we disagree with. So... good luck to him.

Dave85 said:
Thinking it and saying it is not the same thing. Fans are important. He should have treated his fans better even if he thought they were being a holes.

Why? He was right in being p'od with all of the comments directed at him. In the future, the best way is to not say anything at all. But the sentiment was deserved.

Tougher skin will help, but these guys deal with tons of random comments at a near constant clip.

Dave85 said:
People have assured me several times that the few minutes a player gets in a D-league game are just as valuable as the majority minutes and leadership position someone would have on a D1 CBB team. It seems like a opinion to me. But I imagine some of the data mining geeks would be able to crunch the actual data and make some provable assertions like how many D-league players become successful NBA players? How many D-league players get a second contract? Maybe the D-league games are very profitable and the D-league is not some giant black hole of destroying talent.

D league teams would beat just about every D1 team, save Kentucky's super-teams.

Do you think Lydon made the "right choice" or do you think he's crazy for not cashing in and possible getting injured?
Totally beside the point...he made the "right" choice for HIM. That's his perogative...as it is Mali's.

Last edited:
Alsacs said:
Do me favor stop feeling contractually obligated to respond to every bleeping post I do. I am not going to respond to you. I can't stand devil's advocate type posters analysis which you do a lot.

I wasn't doing that here. I was honestly disagreeing with you. Which I do a lot.

But I get it. You can't handle it ;)

Alsacs said:
JB should support their decisions without publicly coming off scorn. Keeping it real is what JB wants to do and that is his right. JB clearly doesn't like Chad Ford. Chad Ford is not an obstacle in these kids making their decisions. Malachi talked to teams and they gave him what he wanted to hear. Not Chad Ford. Chad Ford is a hack but he isn't the problem. If these kids didn't want to leave they would stay. Ivan Rabb wanted to stay even though Chad Ford had him top 10. Thomas Bryant wanted to stay even though Chad Ford had him top 25. The kids make these decisions if JB was for the players best interest he would just publicly say good luck and thanks instead he says that teams don't know and rips Chad Ford. That is frustration. I understand the frustration but I am saying its pointless.

It's only scorn if he didn't first share it with Mali himself (which I'm sure he did).

Oh, crap. Forgot we're not discussing things anymore.

I wasn't doing that here. I was honestly disagreeing with you. Which I do a lot.

But I get it. You can't handle it ;)
You got it I can't handle it. That is it or maybe I get tired of wasting energy with #hotsportztakes.

Why? He was right in being p'od with all of the comments directed at him. In the future, the best way is to not say anything at all. But the sentiment was deserved.

Tougher skin will help, but these guys deal with tons of random comments at a near constant clip.

I said why.

Totally beside the point...he made the "right" choice for HIM. That's his perogative...as is Mali's.

You do understand "his decision" has NOTHING to do with someone else's opinion on whether or not it's a "good" decision.

JB sounds like a fan on this board who is upset Richardson is leaving. JB has every right to stay whatever he wants but his comments are pure frustration directed at Chad Ford.

It is clear JB doesn't like Ford and just wanted to hurl some choice words towards the guy.

I'd say with his comments on ennis and cmac, it did sound like sour grapes. These comments, not so much.

No offense man but youre opinions are very questionable. First you blast mali for leaving now you blast jb for blasting ford but spin it like jb blasted boeheim. I mean, step away from the keyboard for a moment and think critically.

I hope you understand my original post had to do with analyzing the data for all the d-league players? I wasn't making a claim one way or the other. I was interested in the actual facts. The 33.5 may support your opinion but it may not be an accurate representation of the actual facts.

Its amazing, if your not 100 percent on board with the kids decision, you get crucified on here.

Listen, its A decision that comes with a lot of risk so its fair to argue both ways. But harping on it like you is just too much. You ever heard of a broken record? We get your opinion. We accept it. We dont need to be hombarded by it.

You do understand "his decision" has NOTHING to do with someone else's opinion on whether or not it's a "good" decision.
Oh, absolutely- much like one of MY decisions would have little to do with one of YOUR decisions.
Different people, different circumstances, different perspectives, different decisions.

I really believe social media, specifically twitter, has a big influence on kids these days. Looking at the some of the tweets sent to Malachi from disgruntled fans is embarrassing. We are talking about 18 year old teenagers here. There is no way they do not let these tweets affect them.

Oh, absolutely- much like one of MY decisions would have little to do with one of YOUR decisions.
Different people, different circumstances, different perspectives, different decisions.

My opinion was TE should have stayed one more year. It worked out for him which is great. But I was not saying TE should not be the one who makes the decision or that he should take into account the fans opinions on staying as part of his decision. The idea that fans should not make comments on someones decision is idiotic. The idiotic platitude "it's not their decision to make" is meaningless drivel. It's right up there with coming back another "you might get injured" argument. Yes, you might get injured. And you might get hit by a car or meteorite. Those things do happen.

I'd say with his comments on ennis and cmac, it did sound like sour grapes. These comments, not so much.

No offense man but youre opinions are very questionable. First you blast mali for leaving now you blast jb for blasting ford but spin it like jb blasted boeheim. I mean, step away from the keyboard for a moment and think critically.
I never blasted Malachi I said his decision didn't make sense to me. I used facts to support my opinion but based on the fact Malachi stayed in the draft he clearly has more information than some schlep on the internet and I am okay saying I was wrong and adjusting my take.

I am not blasting JB for giving his opinion I am questioning his need to do so. He has every right to stay whatever he wants but if I were a player and made my decision I wouldn't want my coach I played for free for and made him millions of dollars wearing a company's shoes I get nothing for doing so to stay anything but thank you and good luck.

JB can do whatever the heck he wants but it doesn't mean its right. JB was not blasting himself he is frustrated he is losing a potential all-conference player earlier than he anticipated based on his roster management.

I really believe social media, specifically twitter, has a big influence on kids these days. Looking at the some of the tweets sent to Malachi from disgruntled fans is embarrassing. We are talking about 18 year old teenagers here. There is no way they do not let these tweets affect them.

Not as much as Chris Ford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom