JB has spoken | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

These comments are pointless. Boeheim comes off sounding like a fan. He has done more for Syracuse basketball than us fans can thank him for but these comments don't help. I highly doubt Chad Ford is why Malachi Richardson is leaving.

He destroyed Ford last year over putting McCollough in his lottery before CMac's injury. JB clearly just wanted to get his thoughts on Ford in public. That doesn't do anything IMO.
this analysis is how you read that? it's just JB saying that chad ford sucks and he is right. you are way off the mark here.

this analysis is how you read that? it's just JB saying that chad ford sucks and he is right. you are way off the mark here.
JB sounds like a fan on this board who is upset Richardson is leaving. JB has every right to stay whatever he wants but his comments are pure frustration directed at Chad Ford.

It is clear JB doesn't like Ford and just wanted to hurl some choice words towards the guy.

I have said this before, but JB at this point in his career is free to say what he thinks.

I think its great that somebody points out the sham and fraud that this is and that Chad Ford is. He's huckster. A seller of nothing.

So why the attention on Boeheim and not these media slime balls? Why worry about JB's motivation in just speaking the truth and give these frauds in the media a free pass?
Where are the comments from Calipari talking about these frauds? Or Coach K?

JB can do whatever he wants but Chad Ford is not why Grant or Ennis left. Or why Malachi decided to leave. Same for McCollough. These guys all left because of what the NBA teams told them. Chad Ford is no different than any other draft insider. He is used by agents/GMs/teams to spread information. JB letting off steam with some no name schmuck is his right but it isn't a good image for the guy IMO since I doubt the players leaving appreciate it. If the kids don't listen to JB there is nothing he can do.

JB sounds like a fan on this board who is upset Richardson is leaving. JB has every right to stay whatever he wants but his comments are pure frustration directed at Chad Ford.

It is clear JB doesn't like Ford and just wanted to hurl some choice words towards the guy.

So it's impossible that JB is offended by the whole pre-Draft media sham? And that he regrets having a massive amount of smoke blown up the tushes of 20 year olds? Especially when these guys have been so wrong in the past?

Who speaks for the viewpoint that these guys are hucksters? Who is going to call them out if not somebody like JB?

The media and sports talking heads are not going to say a word. They are complicit in this fan-pleasing fraud.

JB can do whatever he wants but Chad Ford is not why Grant or Ennis left. Or why Malachi decided to leave. Same for McCollough. These guys all left because of what the NBA teams told them. Chad Ford is no different than any other draft insider. He is used by agents/GMs/teams to spread information. JB letting off steam with some no name schmuck is his right but it isn't a good image for the guy IMO since I doubt the players leaving appreciate it. If the kids don't listen to JB there is nothing he can do.

K and Calpari aren't going to say a word because they are too political. They are too worried about their own skins and the press counter attack when this one fraud is exposed for what it is.

JB is telling the truth and you guys are questioning his motives. With friends like you guys, he doesn't need enemies.

He might have a beef with Ford, but he makes some good points, everything that he said in the interview is true.

So it's impossible that JB is offended by the whole pre-Draft media sham? And that he regrets having a massive amount of smoke blown up the tushes of 20 year olds? Especially when these guys have been so wrong in the past?

Who speaks for the viewpoint that these guys are hucksters? Who is going to call them out if not somebody like JB?

The media and sports talking heads are not going to say a word. They are complicit in this fan-pleasing fraud.

Its amazing, if your not 100 percent on board with the kids decision, you get crucified on here.

He might have a beef with Ford, but he makes some good points, everything that he said in the interview is true.

If Boeheim said that it is likely to be hotter in July than March, people on this board would take issue with it.

Some do it because they don't like the guy. Some do it because they want to appear to be smarter than he is. Some do it to just post.

JB in that article said that NBA teams at this point in the season don't know who they are going to draft. I don't know, but I tend to believe him. He has been doing this a long time and has been affected by it. And I think if he were call the Knicks or whoever, they would probably answer the phone.

But then we have some random UConn fan on here assuring us that they do know. Or that they must know or must have an idea. (Because random UConn fan thinks so or can't imagine its not true.)

Its amazing, if your not 100 percent on board with the kids decision, you get crucified on here.
Unpaid, 21 year old kid wants to make money, has very high chance of making that guaranteed.

Kid realizes Briancuse's happiness is more important than his own earning potential.

Kid goes back to school, tears ACL, never plays in NBA.

Well, at least Briancuse is happy.

What's done is done.

But in this whole process there isn't anyone who doesn't have their own motivation.

The press is guessing and looking for a story. The agents are trying to get a piece of the action. I doubt if there is a single soul giving any of these kids unvarnished, unbiased truth.

JB probably comes closest because he has a reputation to protect. The media morons just go on year to year because there is no media to hold them accountable.

Unpaid, 21 year old kid wants to make money, has very high chance of making that guaranteed.

Kid realizes Briancuse's happiness is more important than his own earning potential.

That's why they have insurance policies for these guys.

or

Kid goes early. Is drafted low. Agents, taxes, his posse and ho's take most of the money. He ends up in the D league and Europe.

This is where Calipari is way better at the PR game. Rather than talk about how misinformed he media is, he'd talk about how people are starting to come around and understand just how good his players are and what kind of NBA futures they have.

He's done that in the past. A recent example is Wes Johnson, who still had a year of eligibility remaining, but clearly would never get hotter. I think Boeheim thinks about preparedness of the player, and that's really what he should advise them about. He has coached the best of the best as coach of the Olympic team. He knows how they work out, he knows their skill level.

I find the conversation funnier with the voice of reason crowd. It's a risk both ways in this particular situation . Can't wait to see where he goes in the draft . I hope it's high, but I think it's going to be a lot lower than some think around here .

People always talk about teams drafting on potential in the NBA draft. I'd love to get my "potential" as late as possible . Guaranteed NBA talent will help me keep my job.

The first ACL never ends a kid's career anymore. Medicine is advanced enough at ACL surgery that professional athletes in soccer, for instance, don't really suffer until the 2nd ACL operation, and generally it's the third that marks the beginning of the end of a player's career. We've had a number of kids in recent years who were very successful despite ACL injuries, including Andy Rautins, Eric Devendorf, C.J. Fair and Arinze Onuaku.

Last edited:
I find the conversation funnier with the voice of reason crowd. It's a risk both ways in this particular situation . Can't wait to see where he goes in the draft . I hope it's high, but I think it's going to be a lot lower than some think around here .

You know, many people in this thread, or these threads, are bashing on fans for their opinions of Mali's draft position. But those critics are forgetting that we've seen this movie pretty much every year for the past decade or so. Elite talent comes, some leaves early. For some, it is a good decision; others fade away and a career ends too early. We have over-estimated the talent of our guys so many times in the last decade or two or three. I think if we compare Mali to other kids who have left early, his skills are less proven and he has been generally less proficient at his position as he could be. He's not fully cooked yet. He will get so much better, and it would be so much more fun for him playing at Syracuse on national TV than playing in relative anonymity in a NBDL team in Akron, or wherever in front of 2,000 people.

Calamari and K don't have to worry about replacing their one and dones annually as they get several of those kids year in and year out, they literally do reload. We don't, not with that level of player. Moreover, our recent one and done's really weren't projected/foreseen to be those, whereas, with UK and Duke, they generally are. So, it affects JB and his program considerably more than the aforementioned. If JB was winning national championships and just reloading every year, he wouldn't give a , he would spin it & play the PR game himself.

Your right, I am selfish, we are all selfish, anyone who has a sliver of a chance to get drafted in the first round should leave no matter what, even if that means they are a 2nd round pick, or undrafted, and they find themselves in the d-league.

I thought the article was pretty clear that JB's upset that the lottery buzz is coming from agents and media and not NBA GMs. He implies that GMs have no idea where Richardson will go at this point because he isn't the top 2 or 3 prospect on the board and hasn't worked out yet. If Richardson had already worked out and was projected in the lottery there is no doubt JB would have commended his decision to stay in the draft.

I love the torn ACL argument. People bring it up to me all the time. It's literally never happened in my lifetime. Name one kid that was a sure NBA 1st round pick and then tore his ACL and didn't get drafted or get an opportunity. It's like saying what if Mali came back and the Easter bunny cut off his legs while he was sleeping in his dorm room. He would lose out on millions. That's how much sense it makes.

You know, many people in this thread, or these threads, are bashing on fans for their opinions of Mali's draft position. But those critics are forgetting that we've seen this movie pretty much every year for the past decade or so. Elite talent comes, some leaves early. For some, it is a good decision; others fade away and a career ends too early. We have over-estimated the talent of our guys so many times in the last decade or two or three. I think if we compare Mali to other kids who have left early, his skills are less proven and he has been generally less proficient at his position as he could be. He's not fully cooked yet. He will get so much better, and it would be so much more fun for him playing at Syracuse on national TV than playing in relative anonymity in a NBDL team in Akron, or wherever in front of 2,000 people.
Cashing 1st round checks playing in the D league > playing for free in college.

People need to understand that it's taken time, but the D league has a place, and it's becoming more and more common for NBA teams to utilize it.

Cashing 1st round checks playing in the D league > playing for free in college.

People need to understand that it's taken time, but the D league has a place, and it's becoming more and more common for NBA teams to utilize it.
How many players get drafted late first round, go to the d-league and then have long NBA careers? Congrats you made 900k for 2 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom