JB interview with Greenberg and Katz | Syracusefan.com

JB interview with Greenberg and Katz

BTW that club that is my avatar . . . . . 2i from before I was born rocked that bitch past the pin on a 295 yard par 4 today. 1st hole of the day and yes its slightly down hill and hard and its hard on the left edge but this was right at the flag boomed.

BTW that club that is my avatar . . . . . 2i from before I was born rocked that bitch past the pin on a 295 yard par 4 today. 1st hole of the day and yes its slightly down hill and hard and its hard on the left edge but this was right at the flag boomed.

The sweet spot on that puppy must be the size of a pebble.

I have some sets that they are dime size but amazingly that set pictured is about quarter size and dead center on the club face (its tough with the older sets when the sweet spot is not in the middle, almost like double vizion to hit where yoiu need to) but unless your hands are one unit stress free and happy with that old school 19 degree 2i its going no where. That said I swear by old Mac's. A pure shot is closer to the same distance by a huge amount than a forged/milled cavity back of today or any straight forged club of today. If you are hitting straight with 5i or less and you know your swing and distance then its dialed up.

What are you hitting these days. I'm playing that set pictured MacGregor Tourney CF4000 M2 1964 2i through 11i. Theye do have True Temper Tour Dynamic S300 shafts in them though and not the original Tourney Action 4 (stiff shafts)

CurtB has finally returned. Run, don't walk, from any disputes with "jordoo." He will bury that f*cking iron in your skull before you can say "'roid rage."

What are you hitting these days. I'm playing that set pictured MacGregor Tourney CF4000 M2 1964 2i through 11i. Theye do have True Temper Tour Dynamic S300 shafts in them though and not the original Tourney Action 4 (stiff shafts)

I was played with Ping S59s for about 6 years until this year. I went old school and bought a set of Ping Eye2 Berylliums at a yard sale. Took them out one day for fun and haven't taken them out of the bag since. Straightest iron in the game. Although I'm missing an 8 iron so if anyone come across a green dot 8 iron let me know!

suttree said:
CurtB has finally returned. Run, don't walk, from any disputes with "jordoo." He will bury that f*cking iron in your skull before you can say "'roid rage."

I'm not sure what this means but it made me laugh.

wadegarrett post: 777011 said:
I was played with Ping S59s for about 6 years until this year. I went old school and bought a set of Ping Eye2 Berylliums at a yard sale. Took them out one day for fun and haven't taken them out of the bag since. Straightest iron in the game. Although I'm missing an 8 iron so if anyone come across a green dot 8 iron let me know!

I bet you could find a green dot 8i on club finder or eBay but a beryllium will be tough. Also make sure its an original shaft if your set is original shafts because the ping shafts always have a slightly different step pattern that is hard to match. Eye2's are very easy to hit and accurate. Although they are so straight it is a chore to work the ball with them at times.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what this means but it made me laugh.

CurtB is a relic from one of our earlier boards. He frequently boasted about his 350+ yard golf drives, and may have even claimed once or twice to hit the ball farther than Chuck Norris. And when provoked, he would talk about smashing your f*cking skull with one of his clubs.

I am 100% certain that he lurks here and/or has adopted a new guise here in our latest community headquarters. Possibly as Tristan. Or more likely Fishy. Having never seen both of them in the same place, and knowing that she plays golf, I am not ruling out CTO as an alter ego.

Here's looking at you, CurtB! xoxoxo

Lol, I must not have been around for that. I would need either a hell of a lot of roll, wind or a combination to hit 350. I know I've carried the ball in the high 200's at times when hitting really well. That 2i for sure landed on the down slope before the green and got a big kick and roll. At best I can carry it 250 with no wind flat terrain. GPS says that hole was 290 yesterday but the pin was in front and its one of those holes that always plays short for whatever reason. I did crush it though and it felt great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom