JB is going to coach his fanny off next year | Syracusefan.com

JB is going to coach his fanny off next year

Not yet. There are plenty of good players out there that we can turn in to a team. I'm not saying that it will happen. But with TT and Battle, that is a starting point. I'll reserve judgment until I know what the team is.

If Thompson improves 1000% on defense, he might only be bad.

No 3 point shooting. No point guard. No proven rim protector. No Upperclass leadership.
Tyus battle is capable of shooting 40% and above from three, and I expect Frank (if he's here) to be capable of hitting 35%. Not ideal but it'll do.

No 3 point shooting. No point guard. No proven rim protector. No Upperclass leadership.

3 point shooting will be fine. It's not as essential as it's made out to be. We've had two of our best 3 point shooting teams all time the last two years and we've had two crappy teams the last two years.

Fair point about PG.

We're not going to get a proven anything. I have confidence in Sidibe.

Grad transfers don't lead. Upperclassmen leadership isn't something we can pick up either. JB will work with what he has and I think, like others have said, that he'll be on a mission and get the younger guys to lead.

3 point shooting will be fine. It's not as essential as it's made out to be. We've had two of our best 3 point shooting teams all time the last two years and we've had two crappy teams the last two years.

Fair point about PG.

Grad transfers don't lead. Upperclassmen leadership isn't something we can pick up either.

Last year we were unbalanced. This year we didn't defend. I don't think we can win games like we did from 2011 to 2013 anymore. Those days are gone. Scoring is increasing and so is 3 point shooting.

Fair point about PG.

Grad transfers don't lead. Upperclassmen leadership isn't something we can pick up either. JB will work with what he has and I think, like others have said, that he'll be on a mission and get the younger guys to lead.

Three point shooting will be fine? Are we suddenly going to become Michigan and beat Louisville in the paint? Because that is what Michigan did when UL took away the three and/or their shots weren't falling. Wagner and DJ Wilson schooled those guys. We can't do that.

Tyus battle is capable of shooting 40% and above from three, and I expect Frank (if he's here) to be capable of hitting 35%. Not ideal but it'll do.

HOW is that "not ideal"?? That'd be AMAZING!!!

MCW and RoboTriche both shot < 30%, and we went to the Final Four.
Because Southy (and CJ) shot better.
Your guards just need to be a credible threat to hit 3's, so they must be guarded out there.

GMAC was a CAREER 35% 3pt shooter.
Nobody ever said "not ideal, but it'll do" about him.

Fans have absurd expectations of what is acceptable, stats-wise. :blah:
Remember when everybody said Chewie was gonna block over 4 shots a game this year? :rolleyes:
Good times.

Three point shooting will be fine? Are we suddenly going to become Michigan and beat Louisville in the paint? Because that is what Michigan did when UL took away the three and/or their shots weren't falling. Wagner and DJ Wilson schooled those guys. We can't do that.

We'll have a minimum of 2 capable shooters, probably 3, as it stands right now. If TT keeps developing his corner 3 like Fair did (not far-fetched at all), then we're golden. The idea that a team has to have 4 shooters on the court this day and age is bogus, especially in college ball.

Last year we were unbalanced. This year we didn't defend. I don't think we can win games like we did from 2011 to 2013 anymore. Those days are gone. Scoring is increasing and so is 3 point shooting.

The game hasn't changed that much. We can win with defense and I think that's exactly what next years team will do.

We'll have a minimum of 2 capable shooters, probably 3, as it stands right now. If TT keeps developing his corner 3 like Fair did (not far-fetched at all), then we're golden. The idea that a team has to have 4 shooters on the court this day and age is bogus, especially in college ball.

That is true however you better have guys that can get buckets in the paint consistently. Or offensive rebound consistently.

That is true however you better have guys that can get buckets in the paint consistently. Or offensive rebound consistently.

I'm optimistic that Moyer and Brissett's athleticism will be a refreshing sight that we haven't seen at the forward positions in a little while. These two are going to be sneaky good in the zone and in the 'hustle stats'.

HOW is that "not ideal"?? That'd be AMAZING!!!

MCW and RoboTriche both shot < 30%, and we went to the Final Four.
Because Southy (and CJ) shot better.
Your guards just need to be a credible threat to hit 3's, so they must be guarded out there.

GMAC was a CAREER 35% 3pt shooter.
Nobody ever said "not ideal, but it'll do" about him.

Fans have absurd expectations of what is acceptable, stats-wise. :blah:
Remember when everybody said Chewie was gonna block over 4 shots a game this year? :rolleyes:
Good times.
Because they are the only players even capable of an outside shot, besides maybe Brissett?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom