JB Lit into Brandon | Syracusefan.com

JB Lit into Brandon

orangemass

All American
After that missed front end of the one and one... Not sure if it discussed below... I don't recall JB ever being that pis*ed off over a missed FT... I think he's working on BT's confidence for the end of games... My guess said something to the effect (cleaned up version) "You are too GD good to throw up bricks like that when the game is on the line"...

Missed a big one at Louisville also... JB knows we go only as far as our Sr can lead us...

I thought he rushed it. Looked like he didnt take his time and just took it for granted.

After that missed front end of the one and one... Not sure if it discussed below... I don't recall JB ever being that pis*ed off over a missed FT... I think he's working on BT's confidence for the end of games... My guess said something to the effect (cleaned up version) "You are too GD good to throw up bricks like that when the game is on the line"...

Missed a big one at Louisville also... JB knows we go only as far as our Sr can lead us...

Career free throw shooting at SU:
Boeheim - 69.5%
Triche - 75.5%

Relax, Jimmy. He didn't miss it on purpose.

yea i noticed that, i was trying to think of what he could be yelling at him for, it couldnt be because of a missed ft could it? but it must have been, its not like he did anything else wrong.

One of the Post articles today quoted JB as saying BT is approaching FTs with a defeatist attitude and it needs to change. Not sure screaming in his face is the way to change that but you never know.

Edit: Also JB said he knew he was going to miss it as soon as he stepped to the line because he could tell Triche expected to miss it.

I thought he rushed it. Looked like he didnt take his time and just took it for granted.

It looks like that is a common theme that JB has hammered home to brandon this year... and it shows...

He's been much more consistent in his approach this year and not as apt to have a What game every fourth or so game like he has in the past.

If he wants to play at the next level, he needs to be consistent... and this is the year he has to put it together...

If FT's are an adventure for him, he needs to batten down and focus.

Tough love is good...

Boeheim - 69.5%
Triche - 75.5%

If you can also pull the "FT% in the final 60 seconds" stat for those 2 out of your arse, then I've got a PBR 6er with your name on it.

Lucky
images

JB needs to figure out why so many player's FT % go down over their career. Heck, look at Scoop. Went from 83% to 55%. Even JB himself went from 82% his 1st season to 69% as a senior. Must be the water.

If you can also pull the "FT% in the final 60 seconds" stat for those 2 out of your arse, then I've got a PBR 6er with your name on it.

Somebody did that last year (not for JB) and I think you'd be surprised. I think they did it for the last 2 mins of a game. Triche was 90%+. Many guys were better in the last 2 mins than for the whole game. That says it is a concentration factor. But there have certainly been times where we didn't make them in the last 2 mins as a team and could have won going away. As to Triche, I think he wnt to the line too quickly. He was still complaining about the non intentional call.

Triche missed 1 or 2 key freebies vs Ohio State and it's carried over to this year.

JB needs to figure out why so many player's FT % go down over their career. Heck, look at Scoop. Went from 83% to 55%. Even JB himself went from 82% his 1st season to 69% as a senior. Must be the water.

Fatigue! as PT goes up FT% goes down tired legs etc., not an excuse it's just a fact that is why everyone practices FTs at the end of practice.

I think JB really wants to help Brandon get drafted in the worst way! And that is why he is so hard on him.

Does Marsh know you raided his fridge?

My free throw percentage went down over 4 years in college too. I attribute mine to the homemade shine that JoeCollege served at parties over my career. That stuff could blur your vision, take paint off a car, years off your life, and put hair on your back. Bad news.

Boeheim - 69.5%
Triche - 75.5%

Ouch. That's not fair !! LOL

Fatigue! as PT goes up FT% goes down tired legs etc., not an excuse it's just a fact that is why everyone practices FTs at the end of practice.

Over the course of my storied basketball career of intramurals and rec leagues, I've always found it easier to shoot free throws when fatigued. You have less of the jitters and you're calmed down.

e.g. During that 6OT game I remember Flynn and Harris just making everything from the line.

Over the course of my storied basketball career of intramurals and rec leagues, I've always found it easier to shoot free throws when fatigued. You have less of the jitters and you're calmed down.

e.g. During that 6OT game I remember Flynn and Harris just making everything from the line.

Those moments are the exception not the rule. Everybody is different and some guys shoot better fatigued but statics say most guys do not.

Muscle memory and cardio training.

I used to go up to Red Rocks in Denver to shoot free throws on a broken down rim in the canyons, high above sea level, after a 7 mile jog in the evening. Really helped my rec league team.

It looked like he said "You have to make that bleep bleep basket" at least twice. He was really pissed.

I think part of it is that JB wants a FT closer for end of game situations. That person had been designated as BT. I think JB is putting him on notice that he is putting that honor in jeopardy. Next time out, I think BT gives those puppies his total focus.

At this point, I'd hand the ball to CJ for FTs when the game is on the line. Unfortunately, he's the one who takes the ball out.

I think part of it is that JB wants a FT closer for end of game situations. That person had been designated as BT. I think JB is putting him on notice that he is putting that honor in jeopardy. Next time out, I think BT gives those puppies his total focus.
We don't have one of those unfortunately. MCW has been clutch lately, but his FT's leave much to be desired; BT has regressed from the line compared to where he used to be; CJ might be our best at the line but I don't think we really want him handling the ball at the end of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom