JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

Well, that was interesting.

Complained that K and Roy got jobs at their schools but no one has talked to him about it yet.

And he's not going to let the University get off the hook by retiring on his own.

So it's basically a bad break up.
so he needs the money? Obviously this is about getting the same treatment his peer group did - though if you want to be technical that peer group won more Natty's than JB, and didn't get kid glove treatment from the school in the final less than stellar seasons.

Okay, Mr. Wildhack, the ball is in your court.

The ball has been in his court. It's his job. I know he needs to work with others to do so, but it's his job. He didn't do it, period.

JB has blown up one transition already after 2 probations. He is literally in the midst of doing another blow up right now.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Complained that K and Roy got jobs at their schools but no one has talked to him about it yet.

And he's not going to let the University get off the hook by retiring on his own.

I doubt it was as simple as offering him another job. Greeter at shirt world, maybe? University owes him nothing at this point.

Why he doesn't see the value in traveling abroad with Julie to watch his sons play, I'll never know.

He wants a figurehead position and a retirement check. Better than a gold watch. They'll negotiate and he will have a press conference on Monday to officially announce it.

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

I don't think he wants to come back to coach. I think he wants to come back to collect a pay check. A big difference. If he wants to coach he should go to the NBA and sit on a bench with one of his buddies for a few years.

This is a public negotiation where the AD/BoT screwed up the entire situation without going to him and getting specifics on the table.

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.
Well said

The follow-up should have been "If they want you back, will you be back?"

Matt Park said "I think he wants to be bought out."
Park, being the complete Homer that he is to say that he thinks JB wants the university to buy him out??? Wow

Unbelievable

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.
That can't be it we have been told over and over he loves the University and bleeds Orange. He wouldn't put the school in a bad spot especially just to feed his own ego......

The University botched this BADLY. He should’ve been prepared to go up there and say this is it. No if ands or buts. Now he almost has publicly put all the pressure on them and is trying to become a sympathetic character.

Wildhack and Admin have no backbone. The team stinks, attendance is down, the players weren’t playing for him. It’s time to move on.

Do we know if he is under contract for another year? I mean why would someone announce retirement if they know they could get a buyout?

He should get paid. The University has had him for the cheap for the past twenty five years. It’s very obvious that JB will not be coaching next year. He didn’t say he wanted to come back and he’s not been asked to come back.

I don't think he wants to come back to coach. I think he wants to come back to collect a pay check. A big difference. If he wants to coach he should go to the NBA and sit on a bench with one of his buddies for a few years.

This is a public negotiation where the AD/BoT screwed up the entire situation without going to him and getting specifics on the table.
Takes two to tango here, fault would be with all parties.

He should get paid. The University has had him for the cheap for the past twenty five years. It’s very obvious that JB will not be coaching next year. He didn’t say he wanted to come back and he’s not been asked to come back.
No he shouldn’t get paid, everyone is responsible for their own choices, if he gave a discount that’s on him. Lots of people leave jobs and don’t get paid extra because of service. Now if it was in a contract that’s different

He wants a figurehead position and a retirement check. Better than a gold watch. They'll negotiate and he will have a press conference on Monday to officially announce it.
Man I hope this is the case. Give JB whatever he wants to end this saga (unless he wants to coach next year lol)

Unbelievable

OF COURSE HE IS.

Two probations.
Two blown up transitions now.

What are we doing here? If SU gives in, Wildhack has to pack his stuff and leave immediately.

Takes two to tango here, fault would be with all parties.
Stubborn old man who probably is playing this as a victim but in reality probably told all the powers that be he didn't want to deal with this during the season.

He's a clever old bastard. The problem is the confusion he just laid out to the community is eye opening.

I hope by monday it's resolved amicably for all

Park, being the complete Homer that he is to say that he thinks JB wants the university to buy him out??? Wow

i-buy-you-out-you-dont-buy-me-out.gif

What a mess.

Years ago I thought JB would skip the kind of egomaniacal farewell tour that guys like K craved, and just simply say that he's done and walk away.

Nope.

The guy wants to coach until he's dead, and he's going to be passive aggressive about it right 'til the end.

This is worse than any of his peers endings that didn't involve a major scandal.

What a friggin' disappointment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom