JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

I have called JB a lot of things over the years both positive and negative and I don't think I have ever used the word Coward until now.

There were no favors exchanged. The university paid him to do a job. He didn’t do them favors by doing it, they didn’t do him favors by letting him do it. It’s business.

If he’s not ready to retire, it’s on the university to fire him. He doesn’t owe the university anything in this regard. I don’t think this is cowardice.

Headline: university’a highest paid long term employee and one of the wealthiest individuals in Central New York wants a golden parachute because who else doesn’t want more money

Pretty poor way to destroy a legacy once and for all on his way out. He should have taken the high road

There were no favors exchanged. The university paid him to do a job. He didn’t do them favors by doing it, they didn’t do him favors by letting him do it. It’s business.

If he’s not ready to retire, it’s on the university to fire him. He doesn’t owe the university anything in this regard. I don’t think this is cowardice.

How about the class to handle it outside of a press conference and not extend the public embarrassment? Is that too much to ask?

Do you want to return - IDK
Does the University want you to return - IDK

I gave my retirement speech but I am not retiring
Its the University decision but IDK
sort of sums up what we are hearing!!!

How awkward would it be for Red if Jim is still around? Would he hover around the program or just watch?
I think we all know the answer to this

Sounds like he's playing chicken with Administration and BOT and willing to drag them in the mud over their decision

I doubt it was as simple as offering him another job. Greeter at shirt world, maybe? University owes him nothing at this point.

Why he doesn't see the value in traveling abroad with Julie to watch his sons play, I'll never know.
Maybe, maybe not, but why not leverage him and all his career success for something positive? Why couldn't he be the face of a fundraising campaign? Obviously after 50+ years in Syracuse, all the success and how ingrained he is, there is some sense of wanting to still feel wanted. Both sides could easily figure something but it sounds like that may be tough at this point.

BTW, besides this horrendous mess we now have, this is THE story now.

I mean this sincerely, JB's transition has been one of the top 3 things on JW's list since he took the job and now we're here. There has to be serious consideration as to how he can handle his role as AD or not.

JB knows he should retire but doesn't have the courage to do it himself so he is putting it on the University and making this a bigger headache than it should be hence acting like a Coward on a way out

Man I hope this is the case. Give JB whatever he wants to end this saga (unless he wants to coach next year lol)
may want to ask his replacement what role he should get first.

Sounds like when you ask your family what they want for dinner, and they just reply with "that's not my choice" so then for 15 mins your just stuck in the not sure where to go purgatory.

This is/was a disgrace.

I really hope he changes course...and quick.

if he makes this messy, he will NOT be around to get his flowers until it's too late from Alum and Fans. But maybe that's how he wants it.

unfortunate, the AD/school didn't do their job and walk him out the front door when it was time as it certainly feels this was probably going to be the ending regardless of when. Would have been nice to not have to live through the Daddy Ball years.

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.

How ya feelin' Coach?

daea11db-8a4a-4b9a-9ac3-f337b6a4901a_text.gif

Maybe, maybe not, but why not leverage him and all his career success for something positive?
I hear you. I have no clue. Nobody knows what the heck is going on up there.

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.
Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom