JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

Maybe Jim just wants the extra year pay and will retire if he gets it?

Uh no, if you knew the posters and their track record you would know that what most are sharing is legitimate and based on information beyond their opinion. You may not like it but its certainly not nonsense. If you don't want to believe it, probably best to exit the thread.
Not for any story or circumstance like this.

Are any of them the AD, the Chancellor, Coach or his family, or on the Board of Trustees? Because that is the club who knows something. That’s it.

Not someone who knows a guy or works with a guy. Not someone who works in the office next to the office. Not a friend of a friend.

JB clearly does not want to retire and wants to continue to coach. He intimated it's the university that wants to retire him. He played cat and mouse with the media in the presser being passive-aggressive. I'd rather he just announce he is retiring and go out with some dignity which he deserves. Instead he's basically whining that the university is making the decision (in effect firing him) and he's not happy about it. Very uncomfortable to watch. Should not have come to this. He should realize the results have not been good for several years and so its time to go.
At worst he could've said:
" Today is about the kids...blah blah blah".
Instead he plays that cat-&-mouse, passive-aggressive bs that would give my ex-wife a run for her money.

" Maybe I wanna come back...but maybe I can't, or won't. It's not up to me...but maybe it is. You're asking the wrong guy"! Wow

I think he just loves coaching basketball and doesn’t want to stop.

Everyone is treating this like some selfish, prideful thing. Why can’t it be that he just wants to coach basketball?

People are acting like he has to admit he can’t coach anymore like it’s some objective fact. They’re acting like confidence in your own abilities is a character flaw.
He should really stop thinking about himself and start thinking about his family. Letting the boys play at SU will only make up for so many missed occasions because he was doing basketball stuff.

Same. He’s probably got enough in the bank to spend a million a year til he dies and leave his family with plenty of change to live well. Money isn’t motivating him at this point. It really never has.
Uh, no... I'm sure he wants to leave $X million in trust per child, and each living/potential grandchild. Money is, and quite frankly, should be an issue.

Are any of them the AD, the Chancellor, Coach or his family, or on the Board of Trustees? Because that is the club who knows something. That’s it.

Not someone who knows a guy or works with a guy. Not someone who works in the office next to the office. Not a friend of a friend.
i have no doubt, based on what we saw from JAB today, that there is a tremendous amount of "talk" coming from the Boeheim camp for sure. The simple thing for him to do today was "let's just talk about the game i'll discuss my future in the next week". Give the media a specific when he'll discuss the issue. He brought it to the forefront and gave the media a sandwich of confusion.

If he does that to the media, i can IMAGINE how he talks with the guy at the sandwich shop, his buddies, etc.

I trust 100% some of the posters here because of this

Right because no information ever leaks out or gets out beyond the main central players. Dude this isn't a CIA black ops mission, info has been coming out about JB's tenure and the University for several years now. Also just an FYI, several board of trustees are members of this board.

My friend this is a message board based on speculation and not Syracuse.com.

He should really stop thinking about himself and start thinking about his family. Letting the boys play at SU will only make up for so many missed occasions because he was doing basketball stuff.
Dude. Boeheim and his family's dynamic are none of your business

I think those kids had a pretty nice childhood, hanging out with Carmelo Anthony and whatnot. Basketball is half the year. He essentially gets a vacation for the other half, the better half. And there is time off around the holidays.

I don’t think his family is missing out on a lot of time with him.

At worst he could've said: " Today is about the kids...blah blah blah".
Instead he plays that cat-&-mouse, passive-aggressive bs that would give my ex-wife a run for her money.

" Maybe I wanna come back...but maybe I can't, or won't. It's not up to me...but maybe it is. You're asking the wrong guy"! Wow
Yeah, that's a straight bush league move. Brian Cashman gets asked every year if he's going to get fired and every time he gives the same answer (and it is echoed by ownership).

How hard could it have been to say "After the season is over, we all sit down and review where and how we can improve the program. My position is always part of that discussion. We'll decide after the season like we always do. Now, I'd like to talk about the players. I've seen improvement. They're competitors, they played hard out there, and no one likes to lose."

JAB absolutely knew he's going to get the retirement question, he's been getting them for 15 years, at least. Be prepared.

It’s selfish to want to stay at your job? Get real, dude

Yes. In this case it is. He's actively damaging the University and the program with this spectacle. His actions today have made it clear that he's more in it for #1 than anything else. He paid millions of dollars to do what he loves for decades and he got to build a wonderful life for himself, to include being allowed to turn a P5 basketball team into a glorified CYO team for his kids and their friends. Debts have been paid. At this point he's just embarrassing the school and making it all about him at the expense of the next coach and our future success. He needs to be fired immediately, he's had all the chances in the world for a different ending.

Right because no information ever leaks out or gets out beyond the main central players. Dude this isn't a CIA black ops mission, info has been coming out about JB's tenure and the University for several years now. Also just an FYI, several board of trustees are members of this board.
Yes. But they don’t make some of the outrageous declarations we see in this thread.

I’m not saying there isn’t any truth to some of the stuff here. It’s just not right to declare something as factual, impose motivations on people to fit your own agenda, and talk like you are in the know, when you are not in any way shape or form in the know, part of the decision or decision making process, or even invited in the room. That’s what 95% of this thread is. Too much narrative creation.

So, I've made a lot of money coaching players who couldn't be paid what they were worth, my name is on the court, I'm in the HOF, they put my name on the ring of honor. They don't respect me and I deserve more.

This is the University's worst night nightmare and why they have been slow rolling move off of JB. I had heard there was major concern he would cause major problems if he felt he was forced out and that it could cause a big issue internally and with donors/media. Seems like were heading down that path. Not good.
Damn, i’ll step up my donations if the just axe him immediately!

Yes. In this case it is. He's actively damaging the University and the program with this spectacle. His actions today have made it clear that he's more in it for #1 than anything else. He paid millions of dollars to do what he loves for decades and he got to build a wonderful life for himself, to include being allowed to turn a P5 basketball team into a glorified CYO team for his kids and their friends. Debts have been paid. At this point he's just embarrassing the school and making it all about him at the expense of the next coach and our future success. He needs to be fired immediately, he's had all the chances in the world for a different ending.

The school isn’t some helpless victim. He doesn’t have them at gun point. The university has done him zero favors. He has done them zero favors.

If they don’t want to pay him money to coach basketball, they can stop paying him money to coach basketball. He owes the university nothing. If the university is being damaged, they’re doing it to themselves.

If I have a mean cat that scratches me and my kids all the time, is it the cats fault I’m getting hurt or my fault?

Yeah, that's a straight bush league move. Brian Cashman gets asked every year if he's going to get fired and every time he gives the same answer (and it is echoed by ownership).

How hard could it have been to say "After the season is over, we all sit down and review where and how we can improve the program. My position is always part of that discussion. We'll decide after the season like we always do. Now, I'd like to talk about the players. I've seen improvement. They're competitors, they played hard out there, and no one likes to lose."

JAB absolutely knew he's going to get the retirement question, he's been getting them for 15 years, at least. Be prepared.
Yea, but that doesn't allow Jim to create chaos hahaha

Offer him a special assistant to the AD with a focus on fundraising for all sports plus $1M charity donation. Let both parties save face and move on with Red as coach.

If he coaches another game at Cuse it’s a massive fail by the BoT and AD; it would get so ugly next year if he’s back as coach.

I’m hesitant to just throw JW under the bus here. There is not an administrator in the world who could stop JB from doing what he did today if JB decided he did not like the plan.

It’s entirely possible that this is locked in. JW said thank you, and now it’s time to move on. If JB didn’t think it’s time do you really think he would go quietly?

Despite never having done so, and turning 54 today, I still haven’t given up on dunking yet.
I could two years ago, I will again, have to drop about 30 more lbs. Been a rough year. I’m 44, I’m running out of time.

The school isn’t some helpless victim. He doesn’t have them at gun point. The university has done him zero favors. He has done them zero favors.

If they don’t want to pay him money to coach basketball, they can stop paying him money to coach basketball. He owes the university nothing. If the university is being damaged, they’re doing it to themselves.

If I have a mean cat that scratches me and my kids all the time, is it the cats fault I’m getting hurt or my fault?
If your argument is that Boeheim is as considerate as an ornery housecat, for once we agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom