JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

I think he just loves coaching basketball and doesn’t want to stop.

Everyone is treating this like some selfish, prideful thing. Why can’t it be that he just wants to coach basketball?

People are acting like he has to admit he can’t coach anymore like it’s some objective fact. They’re acting like confidence in your own abilities is a character flaw.

JAB can coach basketball all he wants!!

He just can no longer do it at Syracuse University.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Hop left because he knew JB was going to fight to the death to keep him from taking over. It’s not about the administration.

He saw this type of maneuver from JB coming.
BINGO!!

This isn't about JAB getting a paycheck, it's about respect in one form or another, whether that's leaving on your own terms, or being given pomp and circumstance, or both...IMO, he wants the pomp and circumstance but is too proud to say so and backed himself into a corner saying that stuff wasn't important to him. Right, wrong, indifferent I think he may feel like he's earned the right to have his cake and eat it to. I can understand that feeling...again, right, wrong, indifferent he's entitled to it.

The man loves the game of basketball and he also literally built the modern version of the game at this university. This was and isn't ever going to be an easy separation. We've seen his quirks, he's human, just like you and me.

This is not some sort of massive embarrassment, John Thompson closing Manley was more embarrassing than this. Two probations is an embarrassment. This is just a guy having a hard time letting go of something he loves.

So, it's not happening in a nicely choreographed and scripted sequence, guess what, it's classic JAB. IMO, he'd be damned to let the post-game media be the first to have an announcement like this. He's never been a Yes man and it's naïve to think otherwise.
I agree with this... think of how many hundreds of millions of dollars he's raised for the university and the community over the years. He deserves some sort of school ambassadorship type position or professors emeritus type thing

Coach K, Roy Williams, and Jay Wright all announce retirement after the season was over, not in a post game press conference. Maybe the University, JW and JB have a similar plan. Let the dust settle for a minute and then have a proper press conference.
Then
Coach K, Roy Williams, and Jay Wright all announce retirement after the season was over, not in a post game press conference. Maybe the University, JW and JB have a similar plan. Let the dust settle for a minute and then have a proper press conference.
JB should have just said it would be addressed at a later time all I want to do it talk about the kids and the game. JB isn’t dumb

I know this is on everyone's minds and probably the biggest story in program history, so let me just put it out there - are we getting an NIT bid or not?!?! Long few days coming up, amiright?!
Man I hope not. I’d like to start the off-season as soon as possible

Then that should have been JBs answer. "we'll address at a later time"

That was not his answer.

Doesn't he have another year on his contract?
It seems he basically just asked for a payout since he's already given his retirement speech.

So totally unclassy and embarrassing all around and it didn't have to go down this way.

There is a right way to handle things and a wrong way. I have left plenty of jobs, you always leave with your head high, take the high road. JB is not taking the high road, this isn’t on the university unless they have said in no uncertain terms that they don’t know if they want him back and JB truly doesn’t know. Keep it in house and do it the right way.
I believe that might be the best answer yet. JB doesn’t really know if they are going to offer him or not.If he doesn’t really know then I can see why he would be saying what he is saying.

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.
bingo. he's claiming victim status. He can't let go.

So many Dave Meltzers on this board. Just reporting anything and everything as fact to push some sort of agenda. Even while I agree with lots of stuff here, it’s just speculation at this point.

“But wait, I know someone who knows someone who vacuums the ADs office and he said…”

Doesn't he have another year on his contract?
It seems he basically just asked for a payout since he's already given his retirement speech.

So totally unclassy and embarrassing all around and it didn't have to go down this way.
Yeah, it came across as "pay me to go away".

Lovely.

So many Dave Meltzers on this board. Just reporting anything and everything as fact to push some sort of agenda. Even while I agree with lots of stuff here, it’s just speculation at this point.

“But wait, I know someone who knows someone who vacuums the ADs office and he said…”
Most people are reacting to the words that Jim Boeheim spoke all of a half hour ago.

If you take a step back and look at this this is 100% on the University leadership or lack thereof. No way do you not have these conversations ,no way do not have a plan.

This is 100% on The board of trustees, Syverude and wildhack

To take it a step further wild hack having come from ESPN presents me with something that's absolutely mind-boggling and inexcusable to have happened today. How to you allow that senario to happen?

FWIW, what if they have a presser scheduled for next week and coach isn't happy about how the discussions went, how it was set-up and handled or how he "was told" what would happen??... or with the cut pineapple at wegmans, the sun rising every day, or whatever??...

Does anyone think he'd NOT throw the school under the bus if he feels slighted?? He can be as thin-skinned, petty, and vindictive as they come...

I'd go so far as to say he'd want to take JW down with him if he's pissed-off...

Perhaps salvo 1 was fired today??

But again, JB "says stuff", so we should be hard-pressed to read too much into it methinks.

I mean the question was anticipated so he should have had a better answer - but ridiculous after a loss like that.
It’s not. This is the worst take possible if you care for the program. Good luck being Autry.
So Autry to Washington? Too soon?

JAB can coach basketball all he wants!!

He just can no longer do it at Syracuse University.

Then the university should tell him that and people shouldn’t take issue with him waiting/making the university tell him that.

Man I hope not. I’d like to start the off-season as soon as possible
Considering their net rating was 127 going into this and 68 teams make the Big Boy Tournament, while 32 make the NIT tourney. Factor into the teams from the lower level conferences rated lower than us, then they'd have to jump 30+ teams to make that tournament. CBI maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom