JB may coach till he’s 80 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB may coach till he’s 80

Because hes also the slowest:)

actually he’s not. But I’ve seen numerous coaches say we’ll have size or will be big and they name the tall heights not the shortest. This is a stupid discussion.

Jimmy will be raiding hedge funds.

Buddy will retain Gerry as HCIW-In Perpetuity.

Could be he wants to catch up to Coach K in wins!

Now that Coach K has announced this will be his last year, I would not be one bit surprised if Boeheim keeps coaching until he passes him, despite the 101 wins that were taken away. Being GOAT is too big a goal and too close within reach now, health permitting.

For those who thought JB really wanted to step down for Hop years ago, guessing Hop is happy he didn’t wait around.
Surprised no one said anything about JB saying Buddy is gone after next season

I think he'll lose some of the passion the first year after Buddy and it'll be time. But that is still 3 years and if we are good enough I can see 5.

He'll get the wins back eventually and that could be enough.

With all the posts about coaching changes etc, does anybody have any idea who would take over as hc during the season if JB were to miss multiple games? Not wishing it but the odds increase every day.

I think he'll lose some of the passion the first year after Buddy and it'll be time. But that is still 3 years and if we are good enough I can see 5.

He'll get the wins back eventually and that could be enough.

Many on here have said that they don't expect him to do a "Farewell Tour". Maybe since Buddy and Jimmy are both seniors, maybe this year will be it.

Question: would you want JB to stay for 3-4 extra 18 win years if it meant he retired as the all time winningest coach (even without the 101)?

Based on the last few years, fans would lose their collective cupcakes over those mediocre seasons, but that record will presumably stand for all time and would be quite a scalp for the program as a whole.

Question: would you want JB to stay for 3-4 extra 18 win years if it meant he retired as the all time winningest coach (even without the 101)?

Based on the last few years, fans would lose their collective cupcakes over those mediocre seasons, but that record will presumably stand for all time and would be quite a scalp for the program as a whole.

That would be a saving grace, for me. We've put up with some disappointing teams. Since he's this close, I'd prefer him to beat the record.

To get the all-time win record "even without the 101" he'd have to make up the 101 discredited games, the 87 games he's still behind if you count them and any deficit he ahs this year. That could mean another 200 wins. At 18 wins a year, that would be 12 years. JB is 76, so that means he coaches to age 88.

To get the all-time win record "even without the 101" he'd have to make up the 101 discredited games, the 87 games he's still behind if you count them and any deficit he ahs this year. That could mean another 200 wins. At 18 wins a year, that would be 12 years. JB is 76, so that means he coaches to age 88.

No, I don't think that is realistic. I think people are thinking more in terms of his "actual" wins. Could be 3-4 years, depending on how good we are, right?

No, I don't think that is realistic. I think people are thinking more in terms of his "actual" wins. Could be 3-4 years, depending on how good we are, right?

That would take 87 + whatever deficit he has this year. The above post projected 18 win seasons so that would be five years beyond the coming season. And, of course, it would not recognized as the record unless the NCAA returns the 101 wins to him.

Last edited:
Being GOAT is too big a goal and too close within reach now, health permitting.
JB already has a record he's building on -OOAT.
Oldest Of All Time
If JB extends his record to age 80 it will stand forever, IMO.

Wish JB good health. The #2 guy for any program with a HC >75 should be fully prepared and ready to take over at any time.

Why not coach till hes 80 maybe 85. Buffet and Charlie are still going strong. Sister Jeans looking good. Heck last i checked the President was in good form. Age is a number. Health is a condition. Jims in great physical and mental shape.

Why not coach till hes 80 maybe 85. Buffet and Charlie are still going strong. Sister Jeans looking good. Heck last i checked the President was in good form. Age is a number. Health is a condition. Jims in great physical and mental shape.

JB should coach at least as long as Biden is president. Joe's two years older and has a tougher job.

personally, no.

if he stays on and they are 20+ win years with a couple sweet 16s in there, sure