JB/older coaches/covid | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB/older coaches/covid

This thread is emblematic of the outsized panic being fomented by all aspects of media, with even sports people trying to figure out a way of shoe horning into some kind of “relevant” narrative. There is no doubt that covid is a significant problem, but saying its equivalent to WW2? Holy cow guys take a perspective break here. By various estimates 100 million people were violently killed, murdered, or starved to death in WW2. It wiped out entire countries, it turned the infrastructure of dozens of major world cities to dust, completely upended the world’s power structure, shattered governments and nations, re-drew the world map, shaped global politics for 70 years and counting, etc etc.

All that said: the point was about a stupid click bait piece about JB and others not coaching because it is too dangerous. Let’s look at it differently: do you think the lifestyle, long term stress and short term adrenaline shocks, and extreme stress of coaching major college basketball is healthy for a 75 year old? Do you think the health risks of that are lower than coronavirus? I’d argue the general strain of coaching is an order of magnitude more dangerous for an elderly person’s health than this virus is.

but saying its equivalent to WW2? Holy cow guys take a perspective break here.

In fairness, I said "our WW2" meaning from an American perspective. We lost 400k people in 4 years during WW2, and have lost 100k people in two months due to Covid.

And I wasn't even really focused on the death count until Kaiser went Bill O'Reilly on me, it was more the collective sacrifice component where it's the first event since WW2 that truly touches the lives of all Americans, whereas things like the Afghanistan/Iraq Wars and even 9/11 only affected small segments of society.

Stop being stupid age is just a number JB couldn’t be healthier. Juli doesn’t let him pound wings fries and soda.

Not everyone over a certain age is at risk. If you had problems before this quarantine is a good call but if not get on with life.

I want to win it all next year. JB is up for it too I guarantee you that.

Hate to intrude on this thread.
But I'm on hold with my insurance company and every other thread is a little stale.
Let's look at the facts about this virus.
There's no doubt that it is passed by man to man transmission.
It is unlikely to be able to handle a zone - i.e, the coach has little to worry about.
QED

Last edited:
good.

and if all you care about is AMERICAN deaths, then I applaud you.

for i figured you were counting all the covid deaths, but i agree...screw the rest of the world.

i will let Trump know he can count on your vote too.

i apologize, glad to have you aboard the Pro-America team.
Your schtick is so tired.

Two months and 90,000 dead. Did US forces face those kinds of numbers at any time during WW2? Maybe right around D-Day, but I'm not confident that's true at all.

Stop being stupid age is just a number JB couldn’t be healthier. Juli doesn’t let him pound wings fries and soda.

Not everyone over a certain age is at risk. If you had problems before this quarantine is a good call but if not get on with life.

Is this a satirical account now?

First, you have absolutely no idea what types of personal medical issues JB might have, so maybe don't speak to that. You can't begin to understand what his risk is.

And win it all next year? You think that's a possibility? Want I understand, but if you have that expectation, I've got some bad news.

In fairness, I said "our WW2" meaning from an American perspective. We lost 400k people in 4 years during WW2, and have lost 100k people in two months due to Covid.

There's an argument that it's also our great depression, but does it need to be? One could argue a demographics of those dying versus impact on our economy and future, but if one says that, one is accused of wanting to push all of your grandmas in front of buses.

This will probably the most I ever root for Georgia in anything.

Your schtick is so tired.

Two months and 90,000 dead. Did US forces face those kinds of numbers at any time during WW2? Maybe right around D-Day, but I'm not confident that's true at all.
theres no schtick.

comparing this to WWII was stupid.

he later explained his position fine.

JB had cancer. That means he doesn't qualify as tip top health.

There's an argument that it's also our great depression, but does it need to be? One could argue a demographics of those dying versus impact on our economy and future, but if one says that, one is accused of wanting to push all of your grandmas in front of buses.

This will probably the most I ever root for Georgia in anything.
Everyone should be rooting for Ga. Having said that, I'm glad they are doing it first.

He's very much less at risk.

He's already dead.

Who is the fattest active coach? Idaho had a guy who looked like Ron Jeremy but I think he’s gone. Maybe RJ Hunters dad.

How come? The death total will be comparable, and WW2 was probably the last event in the US which literally touched the lives of all people and required a collective sacrifice.

(I'm not in any way suggesting that me teleworking is the same as soldiers during D-Day)
Please lets not dishonor our Veterans by comparing this to World War 2, or to any War or conflict.

JB had cancer. That means he doesn't qualify as tip top health.
That was like 20 years ago. I don't know JB's health history nor is it my business but the man clearly looks like he takes care of himself and is in good shape for his age. Knock on wood he doesn't have any major health issues that we know about.

Is this a satirical account now?

First, you have absolutely no idea what types of personal medical issues JB might have, so maybe don't speak to that. You can't begin to understand what his risk is.

And win it all next year? You think that's a possibility? Want I understand, but if you have that expectation, I've got some bad news.

Well I’m gonna lump money on it. Don’t underestimate Joe and Buddy’s ability to take a big step forward defensively.

Yoooo Adrians kid (Tommy Heinsen always said that when he was on the Cs) will be nasty.

SR Marek will be a beast. Sid just needs to stay healthy.

I don’t come on Syracusefan to discuss the coaches medical isssues the guy looks at least 10 years younger than he is I’ll leave it at that.

Hey Rick Majerous is 5 years younger than JB so he’s less at risk right ?

Idiots

This reminds me.

It’s been almost 15 years and I still have no idea why Wake Forest would fire Skip Prosser. Those fans are far too demanding. Good coach imo.

Does anyone know what he’s up to these days?

Hopefully he is taking some of the things that have a preventative effect. He's smart, I'm sure he is.

This reminds me.

It’s been almost 15 years and I still have no idea why Wake Forest would fire Skip Prosser. Those fans are far too demanding. Good coach imo.

Does anyone know what he’s up to these days?
Pretty sure he's following the 6-foot rule. :cool:

Last edited: