JB on Dan Patrick Show at 11:35 today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on Dan Patrick Show at 11:35 today

Yeah only like 1000 times has it been brought up.
Okay. I believe in my original post I said it has been brought up and speculated on but this is the first time JB said it

Okay. I believe in my original post I said it has been brought up and speculated on but this is the first time JB said it
Sorry it wasn't a jab at you in particular

Wouldn't be surprised that jbs been promoting gillon a lot lately because they have their eyes on another 5th year PG.
A specific player or know there will be a need for one?

Umm ...bombshell

I don't care how much speculation there was about this being JB's last year. Here's JB saying it. Reading those words, I now truly believe this will be his last year. Now we know why we can't recruit 2017 kids.

Wow ...
So you think he or the assistants are telling recruits that it is last year? WOW

A specific player or know there will be a need for one?

Total speculation on my part.

Am I the only one who would be seriously p!ssed off if this is in fact his last year?

For the last couple years, I've been promising my ol man that we would be at JBs last game. We were just talking about it last night after the game. I can't wait to share that moment with him, and 30,000 other cuse fans.

If I wake up the morning after the GT game, and find out that's it, and we missed it...

I know JB doesn't owe the fans a damn thing, but man... His farewell season would be a great excuse for me to spend all my money attending as many of his final games as I could.

Am I the only one who would be seriously p!ssed off if this is in fact his last year?

For the last couple years, I've been promising my ol man that we would be at JBs last game. We were just talking about it last night after the game. I can't wait to share that moment with him, and 30,000 other cuse fans.

If I wake up the morning after the GT game, and find out that's it, and we missed it...

I know JB doesn't owe the fans a damn thing, but man... His farewell season would be a great excuse for me to spend all my money attending as many of his final games as I could.
Very, very good point

Speaking as an older person, when you get to a certain age, when your days gone by way outnumber your days ahead, you find yourself saying things like JB said about retiring - maybe this year maybe not. It's really like he's said before - you wake up one morning and you just feel like you're done. If that happens for him between this season and the next, he'll know it's time. If not, he'll return. IMHO that's what he meant. I wouldn't read so much into it.

I think it's absolutely issue 1b in our recruiting issues. Opposing staffs absolutely are using it against us
I would add to that to say that, if the staff is being honest, maybe they are telling recruits that Boeheim is just not sure if he will be coaching next year.

I've been saying this all year. He doesn't want the David Ortiz retirement tour. He has enough stuff.

I agree, I wish he would, he deserves it, I would pay a lot of money to be at Jb's last game at the dome, but I think he calls it quits after the season is over.

I agree I've been thinking the same thing. I was going to try and go to his final game or at least a game or two next year and flying from Seattle isn't cheap. I would be really disappointment. My wife and 3 year old have never been.

I think it's absolutely issue 1b in our recruiting issues. Opposing staffs absolutely are using it against us

You wouldn't be talking about a certain shady coach who slicks his hair back now would you?

If he does call it quits after this year, I would be shocked if they don't have a day for him at one of next year's games and let the fans thank him one final time.

Maybe his comment this morning was a ploy to get you and 30,000 other fans at the GT game.

If he does call it quits after this year, I would be shocked if they don't have a day for him at one of next year's games and let the fans thank him one final time.

Definitely

I'm going to the GT game, so would be fine by me;)

So you think he or the assistants are telling recruits that it is last year? WOW
No. I think it is more likely that he will coach 3 years from now than he will quit this year. I don't think he is going to coach three years from now either.

I actually disagree in a very small way. I have been a fan and supporter for all of his 41 years. I was at his first game. I think in a small way he owes it to us to let us honor him in his last game.

Maybe his comment this morning was a ploy to get you and 30,000 other fans at the GT game.

Weirdly enough that was the first thing that came to mind. This teams better with a crowd behind it. We played WELL above our heads last night and I think 60% of it was the crowd.

I'm confident we beat Tech with a crowd anywhere above 28,500.

Well I happened to speak to Mark Taylor, Bourama Sidibe's coach today. He said they're under the impression that Boeheim is coaching next year and then probably Hopkins. That Hopkins is being groomed for that job right now. Interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom