JB on the Dan Patrick Show: Tuesday 10:20 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on the Dan Patrick Show: Tuesday 10:20 AM

Yeah, I would be happy if he makes the rounds with DP, Tony, Wilbon, etc. He seems way more comfortable with them.

I would guess he'll continually be really good as filling in for time for commentary come march madness and nba talk and olympic basketball talk. I actually would be interested in chatting 2024 USA basketball team or even consulting for the team. Not sure if he's close with Kerr. But I like when he dives into NBA and USA Basketball (even more so than college).
Same. I’d sign up for his insights on the games at all levels. There’s no doubting his intelligence and feel for the game.

And now we don’t have to worry about the stuff he says about Syracuse either. Let’s enjoy his wisdom without any of the pressure to win. That clearly was taking a toll on him the past few years too.

JB couldn’t stand losing and his media/fan issues always came when they were losing. Look at him over the years. When he first started and they had so many “good years” but they couldn’t get over the hump. He was crabby and over sensitive and had major issues with media because they questioned his ability to get to a FF etc The good years (‘87–‘16) he was more of a media darling type. The last few years with the losing came the questioning of his abilities and came back the crabby guy. I think as a fan base we have always underestimated his want to win and he didn’t win he could be a jerk. Anyways long winded way to say, now retired, I think he will be money with the media.

There was a funny story in one of his biographies about playing a couple card games with guys on the team plane, losing, and getting sour to the point of getting volatile with them.

Guy hates to lose.

JUST GO AWAY OLD MAN!!!!

kidding, it's great to hear the interview with Dan. Jim seems to be at peace and that's great to see. Has CBS scooped him up for the tournament yet? He should be on the set for sure. It's ridiculous if not.

7BC60718-3AEF-429A-90A6-65E0079A25A4.jpeg

Boeheim said. “I was having trouble motivating myself to get places like practice, which is important..."

LOL!

Jim still saying stuff... but proof-positive it WAS time.

Last edited:
Practice? Based on when he was seen in his driveway on game days, he could have easily added "and games."

Great stuff. I wish he let more people see this side of him. I have met him at multiple Nike coaching clinics and he is funny and great and every coach there thinks he's amazing. Hopefully in retirement we see it

On the Dan Patrick Show earlier JAB said that both sides fumbled the transition last Wednesday. Now that everything is patched up I’m thinking the school helped put together a press tour so the national audience can get to see this side of him.

How about him “predicting” they won’t play all zone next year. Kinda funny to hear him say that. Of course he used to say that even when he was the coach so…

Boeheim said. “I was having trouble motivating myself to get places like practice, which is important..."

LOL!

Jim still saying stuff... but proof-positive it WAS time.
If it's true and not just made up after the fact to save face and take blame away from the university.

If it's true and not just made up after the fact to save face and take blame away from the university.

It was TIC as they joked around.

if you're gonna do the patrick show live go on TRAEGAR friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom