JB post game presser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB post game presser

Couldn't resist taking a shot at Robey. "We don't do too bad on offense with 4 guys. It would be better if the 5th guy could catch the ball from 4 ft. and do something with it." He hates this kid so much.

How could you not be mad at Robey tonight?

I agree, he doesn't react, which is why I think JB goes way over the top with Robey 95% of the time. Tonight he came in and didn't seem ready to play. Lost a few balls off his hands, left some guys open, and most important he wasn't getting lose balls. Normally I fight for Robey because even when he isn't playing well, he makes big hustle plays. Didn't see those from him tonight.

The game was won, and I suspect big things from him on Saturday. If there is one thing I've learned about TR, it's that he shows up in the biggest games.

Expect a great defensive and rebounding effort!

I saw him chatting and laughing with Gillon. That's something!! He never smiles/laughs! Gillon should get more credit for that than the 40+ points!

fouling a three point shooter pisses me off. but at least he bangs underneath.

fouling a three point shooter pisses me off. but at least he bangs underneath.

I don't think you can blame him for that foul. He got helped into the shooter by Battle. Battle screwed that one up.

You going to nit pick? Lydon has been our best player all year. You don't lift someone else up by putting others down.

White has been the best player all year. Lydon better leave this year before he gets completely exposed

Silly. Lydon is an excellent shooter. The pros know that. He blocks shots and rebounds. A very good player.
well minutes adjusted he matched roberson's lousy rebounding effort.

Wow, did JB really say this was the best comeback he could remember? Certainly, this was an incredible comeback, but I recall the one just last March in the Elite 8 being better, clearly more sensational due to what was on the line and a trip to the Final Four.

Wow, did JB really say this was the best comeback he could remember? Certainly, this was an incredible comeback, but I recall the one just last March in the Elite 8 being better, clearly more sensational due to what was on the line and a trip to the Final Four.

He's 70-something - he probably can't remember what he ate for breakfast this am. :p

Silly. Lydon is an excellent shooter. The pros know that. He blocks shots and rebounds. A very good player.
He is not an NBA player yet...needs one more year.

well minutes adjusted he matched roberson's lousy rebounding effort.

He was out near the foul line a lot, because they entered the ball there often.

"JG has got it figured out." I hope hes right! Obviously he wont go for 40 every game but if JG can play anything remotely like last two games down the stretch , with some consistency, I like SUs chances to keep playing in March

He's 70-something - he probably can't remember what he ate for breakfast this am. :p

For sure. When JB commented on Gillon's exceptional 43 point performance he inquired that he didn't think anyone ever scored that much in a game for SU? The reporter had to inform JB that a guy named GMac, you know that assistant coach of his, had 43 in a tourney game against BYU. ;):)

I wonder if JB likes road pressers better, because he gets to sit down.

I would. Even though we either lose all the road games, or need an all time effort from one player to win.

This was actually one of the worst games I've ever seen with Robey. O points 3 rebounds, 2 TOs. Just unreal. Fortunately we pulled this one out.

I wonder if JB likes road pressers better, because he gets to sit down.

I would. Even though we either lose all the road games, or need an all time effort from one player to win.
I had listened to the 47 point game that Bill Smith had in 1971. I can't remember everything but I believe that there was an opponent in that game who had 41 points against the Cuse. I think it was one of the older a Tripucka brothers.

Last edited:
"JG has got it figured out." I hope hes right! Obviously he wont go for 40 every game but if JG can play anything remotely like last two games down the stretch , with some consistency, I like SUs chances to keep playing in March

What makes me nervous is that he has had two unreal games and we were in danger of losing them both.

Love the wins, want them to keep on going but I have no idea how well we fare without an all world game by Gillon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom