JB presser tonight... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB presser tonight...

A 1.3 on the JB post game presser freakout scale. Barely moved the meters. An elbow to the ribs of a couple of players and a shot at a local outlet for what he apparently considers a misrepresentation. Whoop-dee-damn-doo.

I do agree with you on that. The fact that we've come to expect unprofessional behavior from the guy to such a degree that last nights performance was a 1.3 out of 10 is probably the biggest indictment. I'm a stickler for acting professionally so I'm a little more sensitive. I'd can any of my employees for acting that way more than twice in an "outward facing" part of their job.

I do agree with you on that. The fact that we've come to expect unprofessional behavior from the guy to such a degree that last nights performance was a 1.3 out of 10 is probably the biggest indictment. I'm a stickler for acting professionally so I'm a little more sensitive. I'd can any of my employees for acting that way more than twice in an "outward facing" part of their job.

Gregg Popovich is one of the greatest hoops coaches ever - certainly the best currently working today.

His demeanor in most pressers makes JB look like Oprah by comparison.

JB is a curmudgeon, but - he's OUR curmudgeon.
Everybody 'loves' Coach K, but he can be a surly in his pressers sometimes too.

He was mostly trying to make the point that, of COURSE we looked great in that game - Holy Cross is just not very good, and isn't, nor should they be a challenge to us.
When you play the Washington Generals, you look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

He doesn't want anybody getting complacent, and with good reason - we really still aren't nearly as good as we'll need to be, to win the games that really matter.

The whole "I don't own any buildings, you need to get your facts straight" nonsense - whatever. Yeah, I cringed too, but he had that burr up his arse for some reason, and wanted to get it out.
We'll all live.

He's famous. He can do anything he wants.

His ending comment about Paschal Chukwu was rather juvenile and uncalled for, especially for someone at his level to spew. A question was asked about PC and how he was progressing, etc. and JB replied that he's got a ways to go...a work in progress, etc. But then again he just couldn't help himself and his inner 'Trump' reared its ugly head again by uttering, "I just hope it happens in my lifetime." Oh LordOh Lord

He is trying to motivate his guys.

I will admit that I hate the media for the most part and they way the frame things and misrepresent everything so perhaps when he attacks them I'm going to enjoy it more than the average person. Having said that I thought he was in a bad mood but didn't really lash out much. Anyone he criticizes in a post game presser has been criticized in that same way multiple times before hand. Every time the presser ends whoever the person is, Donna whoever goes over to the kid and says Coach Boeheim just said this what do you think. Then the kid says just about the same thing every time. That is how he feels. Basically thanks for the update you don't think I've heard that a million times. I'm not sure if it's because I'm in a results driving job but people need to relax and what Boeheim does is not unusual or unfair. He uses the presser to continue to deliver messages on a kid and where he thinks they can go. If they aren't meeting their potential and struggling he tells them they need to do more and are letting people down. If they are struggling but it's a byproduct of their own limitations as a player then he says they are working hard and doesn't hammer them. It's not a preferential thing. It amazes me how hard this is for people to grasp.

This is his MO every season. Early on he hates everyone - the team, the players, the media. As the tournament nears he loves the team and the players - and spins it so that the team thinks the media and everyone else is against them.

The genius of Jimmy Boeheim. God love him!

Gregg Popovich is one of the greatest hoops coaches ever - certainly the best currently working today.

His demeanor in most pressers makes JB look like Oprah by comparison.

JB is a curmudgeon, but - he's OUR curmudgeon.
Everybody 'loves' Coach K, but he can be a surly . . . . . in his pressers sometimes too.

He was mostly trying to make the point that, of COURSE we looked great in that game - Holy Cross is just not very good, and isn't, nor should they be a challenge to us.
When you play the Washington Generals, you look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

He doesn't want anybody getting complacent, and with good reason - we really still aren't nearly as good as we'll need to be, to win the games that really matter.

The whole "I don't own any buildings, you need to get your facts straight" nonsense - whatever. Yeah, I cringed too, but he had that burr up his arse for some reason, and wanted to get it out.
We'll all live.

coach k's press conferences can be....amazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom