JB really does eat at Heids | Syracusefan.com

JB really does eat at Heids

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
He wasn't just shinin' Adam Richman.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

He wasn't just shinin' Adam Richman.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Heid's cooks their dogs on too hot a flame, IMO. When I cook 'em at home, I do it slower, until the skins burst. That's when all the juices and flavor inside are released. Heid's kind of scalds the outside but they cook it too fast, so the inside isn't that well done.

yes he does. i grew up with the owners son so i did a stint working at heids during the summer months after high school. remember coach coming in a few times and each time he was by himself, always thought he was such a loner. were talking summer of 2000 here so not sure when he met Juli.

yes he does. i grew up with the owners son so i did a stint working at heids during the summer months after high school. remember coach coming in a few times and each time he was by himself, always thought he was such a loner. were talking summer of 2000 here so not sure when he met Juli.

Loner's OK. Just as long as he didn't have Bernie Fine and Bobby Davis in tow.

The dogs you buy at the store are not the same formula as the one's served at Heids. At least that used to be true. Not sure if it still is.

Loner's OK. Just as long as he didn't have Bernie Fine and Bobby Davis in tow.

they were in the car, Jimmy use to order lots of double dogs for Bern...jk

The dogs you buy at the store are not the same formula as the one's served at Heids. At least that used to be true. Not sure if it still is.

ya, you're right. if i remember correctly, they would come to heids in large plastic bins then somone would have to cut each dog. pain in the arse

If Hofmann hot dogs are half as good as I remember them, they have to be included in any hot dog thread.

The guy couldn't be any more authentic Syracuse...of course he eats at Heid's of Liverpool. Wouldn't be surprised if you could run into him occasionally at Columbus Bakery, Twin Trees, Brooklyn Pickle, Danzers and a host of other Old Time Syracuse joints.

The guy couldn't be any more authentic Syracuse...of course he eats at Heid's of Liverpool. Wouldn't be surprised if you could run into him occasionally at Columbus Bakery, Twin Trees, Brooklyn Pickle, Danzers and a host of other Old Time Syracuse joints.

I could go for a danzers Reuben right now, damn you for making me think if that!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...am-still-rolling-despite-trying-season-030512

“Jim would not live any other place than Syracuse,” Louisville coach Rick Pitino, a Syracuse assistant under Boeheim for two years, told FOXSports.com. “He’s a nester. He wants to live in the same community. He used to want to go to same restaurant every day for lunch, just order the reuben at Danzer’s.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heid's cooks their dogs on too hot a flame, IMO. When I cook 'em at home, I do it slower, until the skins burst. That's when all the juices and flavor inside are released. Heid's kind of scalds the outside but they cook it too fast, so the inside isn't that well done.

Heids uses a flat GRILL (Think a Diner), there is no open flame like your grill at home.

A hot dog gourmet. Who knew? But isn't that like being an AMC Pacer enthusiast?

Luka's...now there is a restaurant...great food, good prices AND BYO...

Since we are talking delicious meat products ... was in the Finger Lakes a couple of weeks ago and found/bought something I hadn't had in years. Croghan baloney!!
Man that stuff is good.

That used to be one of the four items on the uber-limited food menu at Clark's. Fantastic stuff.

I could go for a danzers Reuben right now, damn you for making me think if that!

They're terrible now. Even the sauerbraten. Yuck. Best reuben in town is probably at Kitty Hoynes' downtown.

I had them flown in Fedex for Memorial Day weekend. Made it to the left coast in perfect condition. I totally agree. Slow cooked til they burst & the flavor is superior. First time I'd had them in 36 years. OMG! Next year for sure!

They're terrible now. Even the sauerbraten. Yuck. Best reuben in town is probably at Kitty Hoynes' downtown.
Yikes...I haven't had one of them in a few years...maybe I should stay away from there???

Don't forget DiLauro's Bakery. I am a fan of Columbus, but I think DiLauro's beats anyone else in the SYR by a mile.

Don't forget DiLauro's Bakery. I am a fan of Columbus, but I think DiLauro's beats anyone else in the SYR by a mile.

I go to DiLauro's for their sandwich loaf, but Columbus for their flat loaf and dough (for my homemade pizzas). Best of both worlds. I miss Aunt Josie's though. Never minded waiting for my food there since I had a basket of DiLauro's bread to tide me over!

He definitely goes to Danzers, at least the people there say he does. At one point at least, he was a very big fan of the IHOP on Route 5 near where Genessee Street intersects with Erie Blvd/Erie Blvd begins.

Let the stalking begin!

1295972263_Stalking_Facts.jpg

Welcome Inn. No question about it. And try their pierogi's while your there.

http://www.communitysite.com/welcomeinn/

Wow...Danzers...now there is a blast from the past...drove down Ainsley on our way into town in August...if you make a left onto Jamesville, that was the neighborhood I grew up in right near the cemetery on Jamesville...used to go sledding on the big hill in that cemetary all through my childhood...

We used to go to Danzer's periodically but I never really thought the food was that good.

Wow...Danzers...now there is a blast from the past...drove down Ainsley on our way into town in August...if you make a left onto Jamesville, that was the neighborhood I grew up in right near the cemetery on Jamesville...used to go sledding on the big hill in that cemetary all through my childhood...

We used to go to Danzer's periodically but I never really thought the food was that good.
Danzers on Park Street, before they expanded to other locations, on a weekend, the line was down the block. That's when it was at it's best. Syracuse had great neighborhood restaurants in those days, Danzers, Webers, Caroma, Aunt Josies . . . today, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom