JB sending hints to Ennis and Grant about the NBA? | Syracusefan.com

JB sending hints to Ennis and Grant about the NBA?

I was ready to come on here and say you're crazy... Then I read his quotes... There seems to be something there from my point of view...

For those of us who have Twitter blocked at work, could you post the content? Thanks.

orange79 said:
For those of us who have Twitter blocked at work, could you post the content? Thanks.

image-3667500741.jpg

1. Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 14m
  2. Boeheim: "Kemba Walker, he's about what, the 20th best PG in the NBA? If he'd have played here for us yesterday, he'd have had 40 points."
'>
  1. Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 15m
  2. Boeheim on the NBA: " You’re either ready to play up there or you’re not. You go up there and you can’t shoot, you’re not playing."
  1. Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 22m
  2. Boeheim: "You gotta be in the top seven, eight 10 picks to make sure you're going to be playing in the NBA."
'>
  1. Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 22m
  2. Boeheim: "Half the guys taken in the first round the last years are not even in the league."

BAsically that you have to be a top-7/8 pick tpo be anything in the NBA. Kemba Walker is probably the 20th best PG in the NBA and he would have scored 40 for SU yesterday. 30 guys think they'll be top-ten picks. Half the first rounders from last year are out of the league already.

According to the quote, Boeheim is talking about if they are ready. He doesn't mention where they would be likely to be drafted. If they are top 15 picks, is it really in their best interest for them to go back to school?

Easy for him to say since he's collecting 7 figures no matter who is on his roster next year. Those 1st round picks might be in the D League but they are all collecting 3 years of guaranteed money, and on the clock for their 2nd deal. We can argue all day about readiness, but we all know that the NBA draft system is out of whack and someone has to get picked in the lottery - ready or not.

I'm sure he's scared about losing Ennis at this point (don't blame him there) and trying to plant some doubt. I'd advise Jim to poke around some 5th year or Juco point guards at this point because Ennis is looking like a top 10 pick with little to gain in terms of draft status by returning.

I think Grant is gone because he's not going to develop an outside game at Syracuse. Let's face it, he's not coming back next year to hang out by the 3-pt line because that won't be how Syracuse will win games.

Has anyone verified that half the first rounder stat is legit yet? :)

Coach is right about everything he says, but it only takes one nba guy to get in their ear and tell them they are a lock top ten pick.

The locks I get, but so many of them I don't. Last year 48 players came out early, 20 went in the 1st round, and only 7 in the 2nd. Of the 28 that were left out of the first round, I'll bet a lot of them thought they'd be there, and were told by many people that they'd be there. It happens every year too.

Ennis is not leaving. Go enjoy the day.

Grant's dad, Harvey, wants him to stay in school. Their family doesn't need the $$$. Most likely Grant is back too...unless of course he leads us to the title this year. Then all bets are off.

No direct inside info, just putting together nuggets of inside info I have heard over the last few weeks. Take it FWIW.

I was ready to come on here and say you're crazy... Then I read his quotes... There seems to be something there from my point of view...
At a minimum he is right. Is why i don't go all ga-ga about any of the drafts.

Coach is right about everything he says, but it only takes one nba guy to get in their ear and tell them they are a lock top ten pick.

That's true, but in fairness, is the opinion of an NBA scout any different than the opinion of Boeheim? At the end of the day, they both have professional interests in having Ennis on their team.

One thing that some people don't want to mention is that some guys put their name in the draft because they won't be eligible to play if they wanted to stay. Getting into the draft workouts at least sets them up with overseas teams early in the process when better offers are there, and allows them to play summer league.

We win the ship this year Grants gone.

Ennis leads us to a championship win, Ennis is gone.

Otherwise they stay.

It's obvious what JB is doing.
But no way Kemba is the 20th best PG in the NBA...he's way better than that

I always thought that JB was very straight-forward with his players about whether they should stay or go.

I doubt he's sending quotes through the media to Ennis and Grant. My guess is that questions about Duke were flying around (as most of his quotes on Zags' Twitter related to Duke) and he said this very generally because there are a lot of questions about who will stay and who will go in Durham.