JB sending hints to Ennis and Grant about the NBA? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB sending hints to Ennis and Grant about the NBA?

TexanMark said:
Perfect, both were here two years...

I mentioned them because people said they needed to stay, wouldn't get drafted high, wouldn't play, weren't good enough, had D league written all over them.

Easy for him to say since he's collecting 7 figures no matter who is on his roster next year. Those 1st round picks might be in the D League but they are all collecting 3 years of guaranteed money, and on the clock for their 2nd deal. We can argue all day about readiness, but we all know that the NBA draft system is out of whack and someone has to get picked in the lottery - ready or not.

I'm sure he's scared about losing Ennis at this point (don't blame him there) and trying to plant some doubt. I'd advise Jim to poke around some 5th year or Juco point guards at this point because Ennis is looking like a top 10 pick with little to gain in terms of draft status by returning.

I think Grant is gone because he's not going to develop an outside game at Syracuse. Let's face it, he's not coming back next year to hang out by the 3-pt line because that won't be how Syracuse will win games.

hes not scared. come on. hes a bigger man than to put his interests in front of the kids'

he probably doesnt get a consensus from his NBA contacts as to how high TE would go...and that there is a chance he might fall to later in the first round.

He's sending a message to Grant.
I hope so. Grant desperately needs bulk. Every time he dunks in traffic he ends up on the floor. He's not Durant. He's needs a PF body to be successful in the NBA with his game.

I wish JB had remembered where fair will probably go before downplaying the success you have in those draft spots

I hope so. Grant desperately needs bulk. Every time he dunks in traffic he ends up on the floor. He's not Durant. He's needs a PF body to be successful in the NBA with his game.
He needs an outside shot more than anything.

CBS sports ranks Walker the 9th best PG but also ranks Tony Parker 19 FWIW

it's not a gut feeling.

That would corroborate a story I heard from a connected fellow back in mid-Feb, before he hit the Freshman Wall and the swoon. IMHO, his draft stock was higher then. If he's not a lottery pick, he shouldn't leave. Period. See Jonny Flynn.

I still hold out hope if we fall short of Dallas.

Easy for him to say since he's collecting 7 figures no matter who is on his roster next year. Those 1st round picks might be in the D League but they are all collecting 3 years of guaranteed money, and on the clock for their 2nd deal. We can argue all day about readiness, but we all know that the NBA draft system is out of whack and someone has to get picked in the lottery - ready or not.

I'm sure he's scared about losing Ennis at this point (don't blame him there) and trying to plant some doubt. I'd advise Jim to poke around some 5th year or Juco point guards at this point because Ennis is looking like a top 10 pick with little to gain in terms of draft status by returning.

I think Grant is gone because he's not going to develop an outside game at Syracuse. Let's face it, he's not coming back next year to hang out by the 3-pt line because that won't be how Syracuse will win games.

Tyler Ennis would get eaten alive in the league. Small and thin and would get posted up on all day long. The kid needs college to get stronger and frankly just better.

Based on what exactly? Now strength would be an issue at the start, but Ennis is listed at 6'2 180, which isn't far off for the league.

Here are some listed measurements of NBA PG's: Curry is 6'3 185, Paul 6'0 175, Lillard 6'3 195, Conley 6'1 185, Parker 6'2 185, Westbrook 6'3 200

Full_Rebar said:
Based on what exactly? Now strength would be an issue at the start, but Ennis is listed at 6'2 180, which isn't far off for the league. Here are some listed measurements of NBA PG's: Curry is 6'3 185, Paul 6'0 175, Lillard 6'3 195, Conley 6'1 185, Parker 6'2 185, Westbrook 6'3 200

All of them have an elite skill and most of then are insanely quick. Not sure Ennis has either right now.

How many kids are truly ready to enter the draft when they do? Not many. Sure he needs to work on things, but he is probably the most NBA ready of any PG entering the draft.

We all know it has nothing to do with being ready. If you are projected to be a lottery pick you leave, simple as that.

PeteCalvin said:
That would corroborate a story I heard from a connected fellow back in mid-Feb, before he hit the Freshman Wall and the swoon. IMHO, his draft stock was higher then. If he's not a lottery pick, he shouldn't leave. Period. See Jonny Flynn. I still hold out hope if we fall short of Dallas.
Flynn got paid then hurt his hip. He do an argent for leaving

I think JB genuinely wants the best for both these kids.

That said, the program will survive just fine if they go. FWIW...Both Ennis and Grant would be top 5 picks next year (after they come back).

We'll see.

All of them have an elite skill and most of then are insanely quick. Not sure Ennis has either right now.

Running a team is an elite skill for a PG, so is poise and confidence. I think this board also continues to underestimate Ennis' athletic ability.