JB sure chewed out Gillon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB sure chewed out Gillon

If it is the play I am thinking of, JB was yelling "are you crazy?!" at Gillon. He talked about it in the press conference. He was upset that JG tried to dribble past that super quick and even smaller than Gillon guard. The kid clearly could not be driven around in that situation but Gillon got bailed out by a foul call. JB mentioned all this in the press conference. I just get the sense that it is not a question of JG's skills but rather his decision making that JB is trying hammer on.

If it is the play I am thinking of, JB was yelling "are you crazy?!" at Gillon. He talked about it in the press conference. He was upset that JG tried to dribble past that super quick and even smaller than Gillon guard. The kid clearly could not be driven around in that situation but Gillon got bailed out by a foul call. JB mentioned all this in the press conference. I just get the sense that it is not a question of JG's skills but rather his decision making that JB is trying hammer on.
He didn't get the call there though I thought he should have. JB put some extra mustard on the tirade because that what he do.

He didn't get the call there though I thought he should have. JB put some extra mustard on the tirade because that what he do.

iu

It's one play, one mistake, he should have just benched him. I think the grilling was a little too much. I get press conference giving him some love but still. I just don't want to see JB turn into a Bobby Knight. I like him better when he keeps his cool.

It's one play, one mistake, he should have just benched him. I think the grilling was a little too much. I get press conference giving him some love but still. I just don't want to see JB turn into a Bobby Knight. I like him better when he keeps his cool.
Not sure why half the fan base goes through this hand-wringing exercise every season; JB turned into JB a long time ago.

Not sure why half the fan base goes through this hand-wringing exercise every season; JB turned into JB a long time ago.

I'm not sure why people can't just accept other people's commentary on JB.

I'm not sure why people can't just accept other people's commentary on JB.
I never said people shouldn't comment if they are so inclined.

I (personally) just don't get it, and I'll stand by my post.

Back in 65 I remember sitting in Manley 3 rows behind the SU bench and a red faced Fred Lewis ripping, and I mean ripping and questioning the intellect and manhood of a skinny bespectacled kid. Wonder if that has anything to do with anything?

Yeah, that was definitely the play... I would have said back to him, "AM I CRAZY?!"

Lol I think that ship has sailed. JB is what he is. He's not turning into anything at this point!

Back in 65 I remember sitting in Manley 3 rows behind the SU bench and a red faced Fred Lewis ripping, and I mean ripping and questioning the intellect and manhood of a skinny bespectacled kid. Wonder if that has anything to do with anything?
Back in 65...my dad was entering the 8th grade. Good times.

It really is amazing we played a team this year that has someone smaller than Gillon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom