JB Talks about the SI article | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB Talks about the SI article

It's not. Thamel has an agenda. Read every article he's written about Syracuse for the past 15 years and tell me what you see.
Sure he has an agenda, but there have always been sportswriters with agendas. I'm cynical, but not yet cynical enough to make the connection with how the general population currently views the media.

I'm not offended and he isn't related to me. Connecting him commenting on an article to our offensive output against Duke is ridiculous in my opinion. He cares because he is sensitive, I would think you of all people could relate to that.

So you're saying JB is a snowflake?

Go whizbang yourself!!!!
As a courtesy, I'm letting you know that I've contacted the moderators - I"m pretty sure "wh1zbang" constitutes profanity. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get back to my talkie.

I hate to interrupt the Thamel and Poliquin bashing, but I think the lede is buried at the end of that story. The money quote from JB is:

"There is no there, there. There's no one who could have told him what's in that story because there is no one who knows that. There is no one who has information like that of any kind."

If you take JB at his word and nobody has any information about his retirement, you can infer the following:

1. The 3-year plan announced in 2015 is a total sham.
2. JB has never discussed his retirement date with Hopkins.

I hate to interrupt the Thamel and Poliquin bashing, but I think the lede is buried at the end of that story. The money quote from JB is:

"There is no there, there. There's no one who could have told him what's in that story because there is no one who knows that. There is no one who has information like that of any kind."

If you take JB at his word and nobody has any information about his retirement, you can infer the following:

Well that's a pretty shaky conditional...

He wasn't talking about his retirement plan when he said no one has that information. He was talking about the idea that he will fight to stay longer. At least that is how I read it.

He wasn't talking about his retirement plan when he said no one has that information. He was talking about the idea that he will fight to stay longer. At least that is how I read it.

I can see how you can view it that way. It would not be a stretch for JB to go scorched earth on the entire article when he's only addressing a specific aspect of the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom