JB with Adam Schein | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB with Adam Schein

Maybe he just wants to lay low and give Red some space. No need for camera shots of Jim at games so that the media can speculate on every grimmace or twitch, etc. I don't think he said he can't go to the games, just that he won't. Give Red some time to coach and then when they are back to winning big games, Jim can show up and cheer.
If red cant handle the former coach being at the games then he has no business being on the sidelines. I say the same about Scheyer and the same about Davis. These are million dollar coaches, not kids whose dads are up on the wall of fame at FM

If red cant handle the former coach being at the games then he has no business being on the sidelines. I say the same about Scheyer and the same about Davis. These are million dollar coaches, not kids whose dads are up on the wall of fame at FM
no one said Red can't handle it. Jim said he was not going to games. I suspect he does not want to take away from Red or be a distraction for the media to focus on. And that's Jim's call, not Red's.

It might be painful (and distracting) for him the first season or two, but I imagine he’ll eventually go to games, like Roy does at UNC. Once Red gets the program cooking again, then he won’t be a distraction and he’ll probably attend games. Take the Coach K approach the first year or two.
Maybe Jim can sit in 311. But he better not plan to beat the traffic.

Last edited:
Monthly calls, ok maybe. I'm more uneasy at the thought that Red is calling Jim every day for advice. Time to spread your wings, Red.

Two old guys, they might be bouncing ideas off each other for coupons and specials between their favorite grocery stores.

Advice? No….he wants JB to clear his office out so he can get into the big corner office. I kid i kid

Not sure how many folks out here can relate to this at this time, but I have been retired for over 20 years and there are many days I have "trouble getting motivated" to even sort through posts on this board. You very quickly fall into the zone "if I don't get to it today, maybe I will get to it tomorrow"!
I have been retired for 2.5 years and am still active writing journal articles, but there is no pressure to do so. I can go for weeks on the lam, like during March Madness. Retirement provides lots of free time, and it can be spent by choice on a daily basis, while reflecting on the unpleasant parts of your occupation that you no longer have to do. I think JB is already feeling that.

Today's episode of Schein on Sports was the best in the history of sports radio. The calls were off the charts.

Today's episode of Schein on Sports was the best in the history of sports radio. The calls were off the charts.
I like Schein, but his beliefs on Rodgers and how the Packers have somehow wronged him have rubbed me the wrong way recently.

I've been retired almost 20 years, and I can't wait to greet each day and its new adventures. We just returned from a trip to Southeast Asia, and we're busy planning a new one to Japan. And my traveling companion (who lives in Florida) played nine holes of golf before 9:30 this morning.

To each her own, I guess.

Retirement is like anything else: you have to be good at it. If you lived to work, you won't be. If you worked to live, you will be.

Not sure how many folks out here can relate to this at this time, but I have been retired for over 20 years and there are many days I have "trouble getting motivated" to even sort through posts on this board. You very quickly fall into the zone "if I don't get to it today, maybe I will get to it tomorrow"!

That's my favorite zone. Happiness is knowing that nobody's going to call me up and wonder when I'm going to get something done. I get them done eventually, at my leisure.

There's a quote from my brother's favorite film, an Italian flick that won the best foreign film Oscar a few years back, "The Great Beauty":

“When I turned 65, I realized I couldn’t waste any more time doing things I don’t want to do”

Last edited:
Monthly calls, ok maybe. I'm more uneasy at the thought that Red is calling Jim every day for advice. Time to spread your wings, Red.
Who says he's asking for advice everyday? Do you always ask for advice when have conversations with people? They've known each other for over 30 years. I'm sure they have a lot they can talk about.

I've been retired almost 20 years, and I can't wait to greet each day and its new adventures. We just returned from a trip to Southeast Asia, and we're busy planning a new one to Japan. And my traveling companion (who lives in Florida) played nine holes of golf before 9:30 this morning.

To each her own, I guess.
For some, not scheduling anything and just figuring each day out as it comes while not worrying about what gets done is greeting each day. I hope I get to have a balance of adventure and sitting around doing nothing someday.

Last edited:
From listening to JB's interview with Schein, JB made it obvious he really wanted an assistant coach to take over from him.

Being as hard as it was for JW to get JB to "retire", I'm sure JW knew he would have a really upset JB if Red or GMac wasn't named the next HC.

JB has said several times "this is how Duke and NC did it" so I'm sure JB expected a job with Syracuse and one of his assistants to be named HC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom