JB Would Rather Lose His Way... | Syracusefan.com

JB Would Rather Lose His Way...

CuseCPT

All Conference
than change things up and maybe win. I don't see how anyone can even pretend otherwise at this point.

Neutral announcers are openly talking about what only us ungrateful, non-HOFer fans have been saying for a couple seasons right now.

Predictability is not a virtue. No ability to adjust at all. We aren't basketball team, we are a sparring partner.

Sadly, there are bigger problems than JB. You can start with heart.

Isn't that still on JB? These are the guys he recruited. Shouldn't he recognize players with or without heart?

You can blame the coach, but the players have been unable to make plays. It's been sloppy.

Said it in game thread, you are absolutely delusional if you think this teams biggest problem isn't Boeheim.
I think everyone else who knows the game knows this. It's just hard to admit. The talent on this team is a tourney team. Silly to say we can't play man lol. Give this roster to a team that plays man and a coach who hasn't trashed the players all year and they are probably 11-3. Hilarious to think these players are unable to play a defense they all played their whole livea

than change things up and maybe win. I don't see how anyone can even pretend otherwise at this point.

Neutral announcers are openly talking about what only us ungrateful, non-HOFer fans have been saying for a couple seasons right now.

Predictability is not a virtue. No ability to adjust at all. We aren't basketball team, we are a sparring partner.

I've always stepped back from the edge after a sustained duration of poor play or being mediocre because I had faith JB would change or evolve. He did what he had to do after the James Thues/Greg Davis recruiting class. He committed to getting superior athletes with length for the zone after the 07/08/09 teams leading to the 2010 and 2012 teams.

I have been worried about an all-Cuse coaching bench. I don't really like it.

JB either needs to make some serious changes to the coaching staff, which I don't think he can do with Hop taking over soon, and, also, attempt something different on the court.

The man is a world-class college basketball coach. But the program has to remain bigger than he is, no matter if he has been the living embodiment of the program for four decades. I don't want to see the game pass him by.

We did play m-2-m the last 8 minutes. And we sucked at that too. We don't know how to play real m-2-m because we don't practice or put any effort into it. We were playing basic playground m-2-m.

Unfortunately I'm in the exact same boat with my NFL team. The Broncos fans have been saying Kubiak doesn't have it (his health being a totally separate issue), has lost it. I ask them, so he's suddenly got dumb and forgot how to coach in 10 months since winning SB50? So I have to listen to 2 different fan bases for the foreseeable future with that mindset, one coming off a F4 and one winning SB50, both coaches got lucky AND suddenly got amnesia on coaching. Nfw..

I believe SWC has done the analysis and JB and Izzo are like identical in over/under performing in March.

We had 3 shooting guards and a stretch 4 as our best players. We have personnel issues, a lot of that is on JB, but there's not many coaches that are going to win with these guys.
Oh stop...they might not be world beaters but this team should have 1-2 losses max.

original. Did jb suddenly get dumb?

Of course not. However, your remark about him suddenly getting dumb though is a bit obtuse in all candor.

JB is as stubborn as an ox and it has bled profusely relative to on court results so far this year. Even Dino G in the studio mentioned something is terribly wrong with this team, no fight, desire, heart. Additionally, Cory Alexander during commentary mentioned that you can't change your team during the season (a la the NBA) via trades, etc. So, you have to adapt and play to your players strengths, and obviously playing zone (this year) is just a complete horror show and debacle. Evident by how yet again another team (and player) torching the zone. JB's stringent stubbornness to play zone at all costs and is rigid position not to adapt from it is incredibly stunning to say the least. Even Amish (play by play guy and SU alum and homer) acknowledged that BC was getting wide open looks all day long with nothing contested. The 'ol adage if it ain't broke don't fix it certainly doesn't apply here as it is completely shattered.

Who, when looking back in history sits there and dissects how duke wins there titles, or anybody else, and says, yeah but coach k had to get lucky to beat so and so in the sweet 16 ? Nobody. You can eliminate the F4 if you want in your head, but it happened. This sounds like the NCAA logic of taking away JB's wins. They happened get over it, it was one game from the ultimate goal. And yeah yeah, I hear the whole big picture of how the program's been sliding into the abyss for years argument. I just don't buy that we're on the brink of being irrelevant, on the college hoops landscape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom