JB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB

You're reaching like a UVa defender.

A lot of teams ended last season with a victory. Who are the people who expected UNC to win the ACCT last year?

That same Baylor team, which was on the "cusp of becoming elite", lost handily to Gonzaga in the Round of 32.

My point is pretty clear - the last 2 season did not end well. What is your point?
Every year the same number of teams (50%) end with a victory.

Last season, at least 4 teams in the ACC alone won their last game of the season.

So what?
I understand your schtick - moving goalposts, and being intentionally obtuse (or maybe I'm giving you far too much credit?) - but when I stated upthread that last season wasn't anything to write home about, your response was "How often to seasons end with a win?".

Pretty simple - it was not at all rare last year for a team to end last season with a win.

Every year the same number of teams (50%) end with a victory.
Obviously, I'm referring to the regular season - duh.

I understand your schtick - moving goalposts, and being intentionally obtuse (or maybe I'm giving you far too much credit?) - but when I stated upthread that last season wasn't anything to write home about, your response was "How often to seasons end with a win?".

Pretty simple - it was not at all rare last year for a team to end last season with a win.
The bolded portion above is 100% projection on your part, as proven by everything that followed.

You don't get to March Madness by struggling, but if you want to say our regular season results haven't met most expectations then I think many could agree.
I have to like before I reply! This has been an extremely strange season, needless to say, heavy with influence from Covid. There were pauses, players and coaches that had to recover and opponents that caused games to be canceled or postponed. Hard to define what my expectations could be with all the external influences. Narrowing down to JB's role in our early struggles, I think we must look at the end product. He continued to build a team with a short bench while dealing with losing the starting center 4 minutes into the first game. Playing an undersized center, breaking in a new transfer at forward and playing a less than optimum point guard in our 2/3 zone. He used what was available. He and his coaches continued to develop players in practices and now over the past couple of weeks we are finally seeing the product that has been under construction for a few months. If our expectations were only to win, we did not do very well. If our expectations were to have a very competitive team at tournament time....mission accomplished.

While there may be good candidates it’s almost a given that whomever comes in won’t be able to develop like JB, in game coach like JB, or take a team further than you think like JB. Maybe they’ll recruit better but very likely the program will take a step back; hopefully it’ll take two steps forward before long.
Red is going to end up being very good.

Don't forget that we were lucky in 2016 that Michigan state lost
No luck this year. Getting to the Sweet 16 would mean having beat a 6 seed and then a 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom