JBA Redshirt Season Diet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JBA Redshirt Season Diet

What is the SU food plan for basketball players?
iu

iu

You didn't read the article, did you? Phelps put away 12,000 calories a day while training. And you're right, with his level of training, he needed all of those.

There is no way you can convince me that jba is doing enough training that 24k calories a day would result in anything except severe obesity. He's good in the 6-8 thousand range.
I was just saying jba needs to eat a lot more than he is , not like Phelps though. We just need to recruit centers that are already beefy. This long , lean and no offense from them only worked in the past. Basketball has evolved.

That's in the middle of his training sessions, and there is no way that JBA would be able to burn the number of calories that Phelps did in order to stay lean. Heck, he'd be straight up fat if he tried this one. But he and Marek could split this menu and get themselves somewhere close to what they should be...

Loved Dakish's comment about how JB wishes Marek was 220. We all do.
pack and a half is preventing the weight game...

I remember seeing an article about that swimmer Michael Phelps sat down with an interviewer at a diner and ordered each side of the menu.

And this article had an example of his daily menu:
Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.
Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.
Dinner: One pound of pasta, an entire pizza and even more energy drinks.

JBA should be eating a jar of peanut butter a day.
Michael Phelps should have his Olympic medals taken away for putting mayo on a ham sandwich.

I think it's because Nutter Butters have some trace amounts of protein, vs 100% sugar/carbs like Oreos.

That said, I'm #TeamOreo 144%!!!!
Sleeve of those and a tall glass of fresh, cold whole milk = WINNING!!!
There's barely enough pb in the middle to get much protein. The mint Oreo is where it's at great stuff.

I remember seeing an article about that swimmer Michael Phelps sat down with an interviewer at a diner and ordered each side of the menu.

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelette. One bowl of grain. Three slices of French toast topped. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.
Lunch: One pound of pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread, plus energy drinks that supply him with another 1,000 calories.

I believe Phelps ate something like 12,000 calories per day when training.

Michael Phelps should have his Olympic medals taken away for putting mayo on a ham sandwich.

How can you eat a ham sandwich without mayo!?!?!?!?!?!!

That guy’s dumps must’ve been absolutely epic.

Lmao at the thought of this kid eating 12,000 calories a day. 12,000!!?!?!?!

Phelps ate that during training periods when he was put through some of the most intense workout programs around, in a setting most people can barely function- the water.

D1 basketball is intense but it's not in the stratosphere in terms of exercise compared to Olympic swim training lmao.

But I am really enjoying this thread. Let's keep Ajak's diet speculation going all season.

I entered the naming contest for that. Don't know why they had a problem with my "Mayotard' entry.
that's horrible... Terrible.

shame on you.

and me for LOLing.

I was just saying jba needs to eat a lot more than he is , not like Phelps though. We just need to recruit centers that are already beefy. This long , lean and no offense from them only worked in the past. Basketball has evolved.
He needs to put on good weight. Not that Tyler Lydon weight

I dig it, especially the whole milk straight out of the container like a boss. Dare I say “proper dedication”. I’ve heard first-hand from someone around the program that he’s shown promise in practice & just needs to add weight.
I’m bullish on the tandem of him & Edwards going forward, though I’m going to be really disappointed if Edwards has more DNPs than not in ACC play because if so, what was the point?

View attachment 174931
Is that the same promise all the recruits show before actually playing a game? Or participating in a practice?

Chicken Marsala at Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville

Delicious, the Bryan’s better though. Ask for the Bryan topping on the sirloin (don’t put anything on the filet), pro tip

I think I may throw my name in the ring for nutritionist of Syracuse basketball

I’m all for adding weight but not at the expense of
Eating garbage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors