JB's Calling Out Rak In His Presser | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Calling Out Rak In His Presser

15 offensive rebounds against a D1 basketball team? I'm sorry, but that's unrealistic. Is it impossible? No, but it's just an unrealistic goal for anyone, regardless of their ability.

Come on Shandeezy. There's no reason Rak can't get 15 offensive boards a game. Afterall, Quinnipiac led the country in 2013 and averaged 14.6. Oh wait, that's an entire team... :crazy:

I'm not setting any goals. I'm merely offering suggestions as to why Boeheim called him out on Wednesday night.

Maybe I should have said that I hope Boeheim doesn't have those expectations of Rak then. It would be an unfortunate position to be in to basically have no chance of meeting your coach's expectations, although Rak is probably not the first nor the last that will happen to.

Maybe I should have said that I hope Boeheim doesn't have those expectations of Rak then. It would be an unfortunate position to be in to basically have no chance of meeting your coach's expectations, although Rak is probably not the first nor the last that will happen to.
Rak is in an awful position. If he is aggressive and gets in foul trouble, we don't have anybody else, so he had to back off. Also, we have not been aggressive on offense when it is a tight game, Tyler has been dribbling the clock down and we are settling for shots that are hurried or available.

Rak had 9 & 11. Hardly "nonexistent." In JB language he actually had 11 more rebounds than a dead guy, which is pretty good.
Not to mention it was the Three's that killed us in the game. Is Rak supposed to be out on the perimeter contesting three's?

It's easy. Rak was the leading scorer and had 12 RBs in the prior game (NCS). He had sealed his role as the starting center going forward and was living up to his status as being the only consensus 5 star McAA on the team. After the BC game, JB is now in a tizzy and wants to insert Keita back into the lineup against Duke. He is more comfortable with a Keita style defensive center. He has never been good with the power post men.

It's all about getting us ready for the Duke line-up. Feel bad for Rak. He picked the wrong school.

It's easy. Rak was the leading scorer and had 12 RBs in the prior game (NCS). He had sealed his role as the starting center going forward and was living up to his status as being the only consensus 5 star McAA on the team. After the BC game, JB is now in a tizzy and wants to insert Keita back into the lineup against Duke. He is more comfortable with a Keita style defensive center. He has never been good with the power post men.

It's all about getting us ready for the Duke line-up. Feel bad for Rak. He picked the wrong school.
This seems overly-dramatic. Did I miss something other than the post-game presser, which wasn't exactly tizzy-like, especially by JB standards.

Bush League. Rak can't guard the 3 pt shooters, make 3 pt shots, and light a fire under his teammates if they are not accountable to the coach. The kid was asked to play at Pitt and not foul out, so he changed his approach to that game. He has had no backup now for a few games and JB has to skewer him like that for a shot that went half way down and rattled out with a guy draped on him. Total bush league, he should have apologized to Rak.
I thought that JB showed a complete lack of class, and I agree that an apology is the right thing to do..

This is an end of the year tactic. It's one of those, "You're too good not to be dominating" backhanded compliments. He knows if Rak steps up , we win it all. Inside presence opens up the outside. We win.

J.B. will never make it as a Coach. He doesn't know his players or their tolerances as well as the Syracuse fanbase. Obviously, what he does isn't working. Time for a change!

he was frustrated and he knew Rak had a golden opportunity to win the game. It was a great look, Ennis made the perfect pass. Rak basically did not deliver.

I'm still not sure Ennis made the perfect pass - he had Grant to Rak's left with an open path to the hoop. If he makes that pass Rak could get a three-second call - that was the biggest risk.

Rak busts his a$$ all game to get 2 feet in the paint and post up and nobody ever passes it to him. With the game on the line they finally give it to him and say "deliver". This is total BS. Grant should be called out for being out of position constantly on D. That dump down bucket for BC was all on him as was the foul @ Pitt with 4.4 seconds left. Grant is always too high when his man is on the baseline. The defense looks like a 3-2 about half the time. This also why we can't control the Def boards.
Maybe our HOF will realize Cooney will get some open looks if we go inside first. Every other friggin team does it to us. You would think someone would say "Hey that works" and try to duplicate it.

Yeah, I'm never sure what you do as the center when you got a guy four feet from the rim in front of you (with his dribble) and a cutter. He'll go off on Keita and Rak if the opposing team scores, but it seems more that the forwards are too high. Which may be necessary, but when you have a talented player (Anderson) that close to the rim, what do you do? Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

J.B. will never make it as a Coach. He doesn't know his players or their tolerances as well as the Syracuse fanbase. Obviously, what he does isn't working. Time for a change!
I know people like you will never question his motives, things he says, and will always take his side no matter what.

People act like some coaches, teachers, etc, basically people in position of power, can do know wrong. Yes, we all know how many wins Jb has, doesn't mean he's never made a mistake or said something he shouldn't have. Not sure why some can't understand this.

As for Rak- watch the replay of the game (on second thought, don't do this to yourself :eek:)-- Rak sealed his man and got between his defender and the hoop countless times. It was unreal- lob it over him! The dude is athletic as hell. It's a simple pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom