JB's Media Day Presser | Syracusefan.com

JB's Media Day Presser

Boeheim on Howard: I don’t know. He’s doing what he’s supposed to be doing. If all goes well, he’ll be able to practice a week before our first regular-season game. If all goes well.

Boeheim on Sidibe: He’s got some soreness but much better than last year. Believes the soreness is just a matter of recovery.

Boeheim: All three freshmen are doing as well as we could hope.

Boeheim on Buddy: Once he got here he’s been treated like any other player on the team. He’s got to perform. If he can help us he can play.

Boeheim: I think Elijah improved last year. He worked extremely hard. He’s in great shape and ready to go.

Boeheim on Oshae: Finishing around the basket. I think he can do that. I think he’s stronger. He was a very good rebounder last year.

Boeheim points at Dolezaj’s offensive efforts as the difference when Syracuse played better at the end of last year.

Boeheim on defense: Same guys. They should improve. They should be at least as good or better.

Boeheim: We’re ahead of where we were last year. You have to remember last year we had two freshman forwards, our point guard was coming off a mediocre year. There’s a world of difference.

Boeheim: Paschal is stronger. Marek has gained a pound, pound and a half. Everyone had a great summer. I’ve seen more improvement than normal.

Boeheim on Tyus: I think we forget he had a really good year last year despite a lot of defensive concentration. His shooting percentages will get better because he’ll have more help around him.

Boeheim on FBI and AAU: What happened with the shoe companies would happen with or without summer basketball. ... Summer basketball helps a lot of players.

Boeheim on being bothered by rankings: That’s not true. ... People say we’re better when we’re not ranked. That’s not supported by facts. ... But we live in a country where facts don’t matter.

Boeheim on zone: Size is OK. It’s nice. It’s not the end of the world. It doesn’t hurt. Length doesn’t hurt no matter what defense you play.

Boeheim on Marek: Once he started to make that 15-footer he became more of a threat. That was the difference. His task this year is can he move that out.

Boeheim on Washington: He’s still working on his knee. He’s out a little while yet.

That’s all folks. Thanks for following.

Last edited:

Boeheim on Howard: I don’t know. He’s doing what he’s supposed to be doing. If all goes well, he’ll be able to practice a week before our first regular-season game. If all goes well.

Boeheim on Sidibe: He’s got some soreness but much better than last year. Believes the soreness is just a matter of recovery.

Boeheim: All three freshmen are doing as well as we could hope.

Boeheim on Buddy: Once he got here he’s been treated like any other player on the team. He’s got to perform. If he can help us he can play.

Boeheim: I think Elijah improved last year. He worked extremely hard. He’s in great shape and ready to go.

Boeheim on Oshae: Finishing around the basket. I think he can do that. I think he’s stronger. He was a very good rebounder last year.

Boeheim points at Dolezaj’s offensive efforts as the difference when Syracuse played better at the end of last year.

Boeheim on defense: Same guys. They should improve. They should be at least as good or better.

Boeheim: We’re ahead of where we were last year. You have to remember last year we had two freshman forwards, our point guard was coming off a mediocre year. There’s a world of difference.

Boeheim: Paschal is stronger. Marek has gained a pound, pound and a half. Everyone had a great summer. I’ve seen more improvement than normal.

Boeheim on Tyus: I think we forget he had a really good year last year despite a lot of defensive concentration. His shooting percentages will get better because he’ll have more help around him.

Boeheim on FBI and AAU: What happened with the shoe companies would happen with or without summer basketball. ... Summer basketball helps a lot of players.

Boeheim on being bothered by rankings: That’s not true. ... People say we’re better when we’re not ranked. That’s not supported by facts. ... But we live in a country where facts don’t matter.

Boeheim on zone: Size is OK. It’s nice. It’s not the end of the world. It doesn’t hurt. Length doesn’t hurt no matter what defense you play.

Boeheim on Marek: Once he started to make that 15-footer he became more of a threat. That was the difference. His task this year is can he move that out.

Boeheim on Washington: He’s still working on his knee. He’s out a little while yet.

Boeheim on Marek: "Marek has gained at least a pound, pound and a half." :)
I spit up my drink when I read that. Hilarious.
I also loved, “But we live in a country where facts don’t matter.” JB on fire!

... ... But we live in a country where facts don’t matter.

It's this kind of snarky aside that I just love.

I liked his comment on being uptempo this year.

We should treat his knee like a pitcher with a surgically repaired arm who is held to a pre-determined pitch count. His minutes need to be monitored and limited. Marek will need to spend some time in the hole with Hughes on the back line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom