JB's Presser after BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after BC

My issue: this is awful, that is awful. Where are the adjustments? The press sucks. Why don't we try to do it differently. Out of bounds play: can we get an easy layup out of one of them when we are under our basket?

Guys like Marek can't shoot, JB says. But guys like Marek have had good shooting games. Yet he says they can't shoot. That really pumps 'em up.

He actually said they wont shoot, not cant.

We’ve won 18 games despite our lack of depth and despite the fact jb’s failed to adjust.

I dont buy that we’ve won due to his coaching alone, sorry. We have a few good players that’ve played well over their heads often.

He backtracked on this on his show last week; didn't get much attention here. According to SWC, Boeheim said that "32 minutes is optimal" for a player to play.

Would love to hear him asked why that's optimal and whether he's revisited the idea that college kids don't get tired.
Optimal is one thing. But when a sub at one position is significantly less skilled than his starters, JB would rather just ride the starters for more minutes than suffering that big of a drop off. Each situation is different. When your guards are Scoop, Triche and Dion, he’s willing to play all three and give them less minutes overall. With freshman Howard Washington, 5-10 mins per game was fine.

Optimal is one thing. But when a sub at one position is significantly less skilled than his starters, JB would rather just ride the starters for more minutes than suffering that big of a drop off. Each situation is different. When your guards are Scoop, Triche and Dion, he’s willing to play all three and give them less minutes overall. With freshman Howard Washington, 5-10 mins per game was fine.

But HW wasn't even getting that for the bulk of the season before he got hurt.

They are better than the beginning of the season. Guards are very good.
Hard to call them "very good" because they're wildly inconsistent from game to game (as their record indicates) - but when Robinson/Bowman/Chatman have it going they're very hard to beat

when Robinson/Bowman/Chatman have it going they're very hard to beat
When half a team's shots are three-pointers and they make more than 50% of them it's a simple recipe to beat a zone.
And when you commit 15 turnovers you help them do it.
Game.

No coach in the world is taking this group of players and turning it into something else.

Well, I'm sure there's hundreds of coaches out there who could turn this group into a worse team...

I agree completely. But, as iommi said, Washington wasn't getting his 10 or even his 5. Mostly DNPs, unfortunately.

Hard to call them "very good" because they're wildly inconsistent from game to game (as their record indicates) - but when Robinson/Bowman/Chatman have it going they're very hard to beat
What happened to the fat white guard that tried to dunk on us and came up short? Diff team?

Sick of Jim saying 3 guys scored, can score etc. He discourages you from day 1 if he doesn’t THINK you’re a shooter, or you have a bad first few games of the season. I always look back to what Paul Harris could have been, if not for being in Jim’s doghouse. He decided he couldn’t shoot at all from day 1, and it stunted his development. Let the kids play a little bit!

Great idea. Moyer and Dolezaj can Tony Scott us into oblivion.

He needs to recruit a few men down low. Don’t even care if they aren’t really basketball players. Guys that aren’t going to get pushed around and weigh over 200lbs. A nice diamond in the rough, like AO...

Another star for you.

If Jaws wasn’t dead, he would be perfect. 7’2”. Nasty (at least he was in Spy who Loved me and Moonraker) and couldn’t play a lick.

We can talk all you want about who he doesn’t have but the problem also is he never tried to play any of his walk ons. Bayer never saw the damn floor st all which was ridiculous after Washington got hurt

Well, I do have to credit you for creativity. This is the first time I have ever read a post advocating for more extensive playing time for our walk-ons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom