JB's Presser after BC | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after BC

"Try to be accurate with what you're doing". That's the part of Boeheim pressers that I've missed. Now it's subconsciously ambiguous enough where it can easily be explained away, which is the mark of a master, something I wish I still did more often. I'm standing at attention for JB!

The sad part is that Donna probably felt she was paying Boeheim a compliment about his son, but got reminded that coaching trumps the family relationship in these matters for JB.

Last edited:
"Try to be accurate with what you're doing". SLAM! I wish we could have a body slam emoticon/emoji. That's the part of Boeheim pressers that I've missed. Now it's subconsciously ambiguous enough where it can easily be explained away, which is the mark of a master. I'm standing at attention for JB!
Captain been hitting the bottle early today?

Completely fine question asked about balancing frank and buddy and a really poor response by jim. Come on.

Exactly, I had to rewatch that and not sure what JB thought the question was

"I wish the fans wouldnt tell him to shoot when the coaches tell him to shoot when the coaches told him not to shoot...they can pay money and they can cheer, but they can't coach". semi-epic/vintage Boeheim, at least some of the better we've seen in the relatively boring pressers of late.
There's a clip on ESPN showing JB's interaction with the crowd when they were telling Buddy to shoot and JB wanted him to hold the ball. I thought it was pretty funny...

Poor Donna. Pitino, and now this. Owned by Jimmy!

We love you Jimmy!!!

That was a long way from JB's finest moment. Frankly he looked like an idiot. JB says "he's shooting 36%" as if that stat is somehow impressive. There are 350 out of 351 NCAA teams that currently shoot better than 36% from the field.

That was a long way from JB's finest moment. Frankly he looked like an idiot. JB says "he's shooting 36%" as if that stat is somehow impressive. There are 350 out of 351 NCAA teams that currently shoot better than 36% from the field.
Not sure you heard or understood what he was referring to regarding “36%”

Great presser. Lots of good basketball info from the coach.

I think JB was telling Donna to pipe down, don't create a controversy that isn't there. Frank has handled the situation with class. He's losing minutes to freshman. Who also happens to be the coaches son. Buddy seems to be improving every game, while Frank has regressed from last year.

Not sure you heard or understood what he was referring to regarding “36%”

Yeah I heard it. JB tried to counter the notion that FH has been shooting very poorly by saying get your facts straight he's shooting 36%. lol as if that disproves the reporter's claim. 36% from the field is not very good. At any level.

I think JB was telling Donna to pipe down, don't create a controversy that isn't there. Frank has handled the situation with class. He's losing minutes to freshman. Who also happens to be the coaches son. Buddy seems to be improving every game, while Frank has regressed from last year.
JB looked like a jerk in that exchange.

Yeh that’s what I thought too but I had a different reaction. I guess the point I got was that Frank will play but when Buddy is shooting well he’ll continue to get minutes, presumably Frank’s, per the question. I didn’t realize it was Frank’s overall percentage.

Yeah I heard it. JB tried to counter the notion that FH has been shooting very poorly by saying get your facts straight he's shooting 36%. lol as if that disproves the reporter's claim. 36% from the field is not very good. At any level.

My guess is that he was referring to Frank shooting 36% from 3 in conference. Yet he is also shockingly shooting 36% overall this season.

My guess is that he was referring to Frank shooting 36% from 3 in conference. Yet he is also shockingly shooting 36% overall this season.

Yeah FH is shooting 35% from three in conference and 38% from the floor. The former # is nothing special given that 140 teams shoot a better percentage than that while I think we can all agree the latter # is abysmal.

I guess JB thinks shots taken inside the arc don't count.

Other than guessing at what Donna was going to ask, I really don't think that was a bad press conference. As others have said, thought he was pretty informative.

Other than guessing at what Donna was going to ask, I really don't think that was a bad press conference. As others have said, thought he was pretty informative.
Outside of Jim being condescending towards Donna i found it to be a great presser. I love when Jim goes into details. His explanation of giving up a 2pt shot vs pushing out on Chapman and Bowman was excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom