JB's Presser after Buffalo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Buffalo

The bad practices comment is one thing, but saying we're the same team as last year that got lucky in the tournament...JFC Coach, aren't you in a position to make the team better? What exactly is your program doing if it can't make the team better?

I bet Mark Few or Belien or Buffalo's coach or Danny Hurley could take this group of players we have and do better than 7-4. And I bet our games would be fun to watch. I think JB is a top 15 all time coach, but I'm not sure he's a top 75 coach in college basketball right now.

5 years of painfully boring basketball slightly soothed by the 2016 Final Four and last year's miracale Sweet 16. And the fact that SYRACUSE needed a miracle Sweet 16 run is another indictment on the program.

The bad practices comment is one thing, but saying we're the same team as last year that got lucky in the tournament...JFC Coach, aren't you in a position to make the team better? What exactly is your program doing if it can't make the team better?

I bet Mark Few or Belien or Buffalo's coach or Danny Hurley could take this group of players we have and do better than 7-4. And I bet our games would be fun to watch. I think JB is a top 15 all time coach, but I'm not sure he's a top 75 coach in college basketball right now.

5 years of painfully boring basketball slightly soothed by the 2016 Final Four and last year's miracale Sweet 16. And the fact that SYRACUSE needed a miracle Sweet 16 run is another indictment on the program.
The last paragraph on the button! Jimmy B is an all time great coach. But he's just past HIS time.

It's hard to deny when he thought two of his best teams ever prior to the season starting, this years team and two years ago, were mediocre at best. Come on Jimmy, can you not realize the game has past you by when you think your two of best teams ever have a hard time of cracking 20 wins?

The injury to Frank set the team back a lot. The 4 teams we lost to will probably win their conferences and make the tourney. The team will win the next 2 and have things sorted out for the conference season opener against ND.

Buffalo is the only tournament team of the four. The Pac 12 is a two bid league. UConn plays in a very bad AAC. CAA is a one bid league.

The players are worse and I'm not sure how much that has to do with him directly. As mentioned in another thread, everyone did their own thing this offseason and didn't improve one bit. Everyone has regressed.

Buffalo is the only tournament team of the four. The Pac 12 is a two bid league. UConn plays in a very bad AAC. CAA is a one bid league.

Oregon was picked to win the Pac12.

Did u watch the presser?

"We're not good. We can't run. Players can't do this and can't do that..."

Practice was terrible this week and no clue why.

He owned nothing.

That’s just a damning quote on Jimmy. You’re the GD HC for crying out loud. If practice is awful and you have no idea why, then you’ve got a larger problem than just practice being awful.

Nothing in your statement precludes anything in my statement. ODU is a strong midmajor, their coach, Jeff Jones, coached at UVA (Played there) and got them into the tourney 5 times with a sweet 16 and an elite 8. ODU was 25-7 last year and didn't get to play in any post season tournament. These are tough teams to get on track against when your point guard is trying to get back into top form coming off a serious injury.

That’s just a damning quote on Jimmy. You’re the GD HC for crying out loud. If practice is awful and you have no idea why, then you’ve got a larger problem than just practice being awful.
He's calling out the coaches who run the practice, it's their job.

two weeks ain't gonna change nothing jim. the time for improvement has passed. it's game time.

Did u watch the presser?

"We're not good. We can't run. Players can't do this and can't do that..."

Practice was terrible this week and no clue why.

He owned nothing.
I did. The comment I specifically replied to about the two terrible days of practice was JB responding to a specific question about how the team responded in practice after the ODU loss. His response to that specific question was NOT throwing anyone under the bus. Go back and read my response and the post I replied to. Neither went beyond that specific comment. Stop reading more into it and carrying it beyond that.

I did. The comment I specifically replied to about the two terrible days of practice was JB responding to a specific question about how the team responded in practice after the ODU loss. His response to that specific question was NOT throwing anyone under the bus. Go back and read my response and the post I replied to. Neither went beyond that specific comment. Stop reading more into it and carrying it beyond that.

OK, to clarify, my players under the bus comment was directed at his entire presser, if that helps.

While his comments are bizarre, I think they come from frustration. In my years of watching this program, I haven't seen a team that played with less effort than this collective. The NIT teams from 07 and 08 showed more hustle and grit than this group. They go through the motions out there and they get burned for it.

I didn’t read anything as denial, excuses, or passing blame. He just told the truth. Is anything he said not true? We are not good. The staff and players are broken up about it too. And after seeing us play against Old Dominion, what did people expect? A blowout victory over Buffalo? I’m surprised we hung in for as long as we did.

The injury to Frank set the team back a lot. The 4 teams we lost to will probably win their conferences and make the tourney. The team will win the next 2 and have things sorted out for the conference season opener against ND.
Odu and uconn stink and Oregon is a bubble team.

I didn’t read anything as denial, excuses, or passing blame. He just told the truth. Is anything he said not true? We are not good. The staff and players are broken up about it too. And after seeing us play against Old Dominion, what did people expect? A blowout victory over Buffalo? I’m surprised we hung in for as long as we did.

Hanging in vs Buffalo is a damning statement of where we are.

If it were one bad season I think most people would be ok. But since that BC game we've been borderline unwatchable in well over 1/2 of our games. And imagine we have a pretty horrible record against teams from power conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom