JB's Presser after Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Duke

Mike is a nationally awarded reporter. He did nothing wrong. JB was out of line to say Mike did something unethical. To my knowledge, Mike has never been called on his ethics by any regulatory board as JB has been twice.
Tattletale

A person, especially a child or sports reporter,
Who reveals secrets or informs on others.

Tattletale

Mike is a nationally awarded reporter. He did nothing wrong. JB was out of line to say Mike did something unethical. To my knowledge, Mike has never been called on his ethics by any regulatory board as JB has been twice.
He said it was bad journalism not unethical and he said it was his opinion. He took the things Boeheim said about a kid went to him and said coach said this about you what do you think. It's not bad journalism just counter productive to Syracuse basketball. Then again that is the Post Standard's thing. If it weren't for that paper I bet Boeheim would have never been hit with a single probabation and who knows how many titles we have.

He said it was bad journalism not unethical and he said it was his opinion. He took the things Boeheim said about a kid went to him and said coach said this about you what do you think. It's not bad journalism just counter productive to Syracuse basketball. Then again that is the Post Standard's thing. If it weren't for that paper I bet Boeheim would have never been hit with a single probabation and who knows how many titles we have.
If what was said on here was true, JB's comments were made in a presser. There were no secrets revealed. I'm pretty sure Mike thought it was pretty funny and shared it as a laugh with Q.

JB has always been rough on local journalists.

LOL. So it's the Post Standard's fault that JB has been deemed to have been "lacking institutional control" twice?

I agree, the second was a witch hunt and is a joke. But the first one was not.

I'd also argue the second one was created by national media, not the Post Standard.

Stop with the pity party for JB.

The paper was doing it's job. Their job isn't to be cheerleaders for the program. The school has a P.R. dept for that. The issue is that other papers don't do their jobs.

Tattletale

A person, especially a child or sports reporter,
Who reveals secrets or informs on others.

Tattletale
What secret? JB said it at a press conference. He wanted it to get back to the kid or he wouldn't have said it in front of reporters and camera's. Jb didn't whisper to Mike hey let me tell you something in confidence about QG.

He never called him unethical...he said it's the worse kind of journalism...his opinion.
tomato, tomato. It was a cheap shot that didn't need to be taken at a award winning journalist. JB at his worst My opinion.

tomato, tomato. It was a cheap shot that didn't need to be taken at a award winning journalist. JB at his worst My opinion.
LOL! There was no shot....You did X...I didn't like it....that is not a shot...

LOL. So it's the Post Standard's fault that JB has been deemed to have been "lacking institutional control" twice?

I agree, the second was a witch hunt and is a joke. But the first one was not.

I'd also argue the second one was created by national media, not the Post Standard.

Stop with the pity party for JB.
The first time around Raw Recruits was written and the Post Standard decided to do a 7 month investigation into the program. Good for them I'm sure they one a bunch of awards and got told how smart they were. It set are program back many years.

What secret? JB said it at a press conference. He wanted it to get back to the kid or he wouldn't have said it in front of reporters and camera's. Jb didn't whisper to Mike hey let me tell you something in confidence about QG.
Or informs is the definition. Act like a award winning journalist and not a 7th grade girl.

The first time around Raw Recruits was written and the Post Standard decided to do a 7 month investigation into the program. Good for them I'm sure they one a bunch of awards and got told how smart they were. It set are program back many years.
so, it's your opinion that the post standard should not have investigated the program. That they should care whether what they found set the program back? That isn't the role for journalists. But whatever

LOL! There was no shot...You did X...I didn't like it...that is not a shot...
In a press conference the guy giving it says you committed bad journalism. Journalism at it's worst. the thing is, Jb was the victim of much worse journalism just two weeks earlier. But that was a national guy.

In a press conference the guy giving it says you committed bad journalism. Journalism at it's worst. the thing is, Jb was the victim of much worse journalism just two weeks earlier. But that was a national guy.

I may have missed that...

Mike could have done what he normally does and ask the players about the game in the post game interview.

He doesn't run to Sidibe after JB's post game comments to saw JB said XYZ.... he was looking for Q to make a smart remark that he could use to sell ad space...

Fair game on both side IMO

Mike could have done what he normally does and ask the players about the game in the post game interview.

He doesn't run to Sidibe after JB's post game comments to saw JB said XYZ... he was looking for Q to make a smart remark that he could use to sell ad space...

Fair game on both side IMO
I can guarantee you that the idea of selling ad space never occurred to Mike

I can guarantee you that the idea of selling ad space never occurred to Mike
lol! He is in a dying industry it should be on his mind

so, it's your opinion that the post standard should not have investigated the program. That they should care whether what they found set the program back? That isn't the role for journalists. But whatever
My focus is wanting Syracuse to be successful and win as much as possible. I said it wasn't bad journalism. I would prefer the local paper not try and set the program back but I get they have to do their jobs. I'm not going to pat them on the back and tell them kudos you guys are great as they are doing it. Maybe the papers in Lexington and Durham do the same stuff. I can't remember after the Chris Webber thing and they found out that Corey Maggette took money before going to Duke maybe their local paper investigated it for a year.

The irony about JB dissing our center spot and their lack of physical stature, etc. to be able to compete against any team with anyone worth a darn there is somewhat comical. Um, JB, you recruited these guys and you have failed miserably in your attempt to land anyone worth a darn at that position for the past 4 recruiting cycles. I wish someone in the press room would press him on that truth, and unless we land that grad transfer or similar, it's just going to be more wash, rinse & repeat.

He & he alone has created the grave deficiency at this position. And, he should be big enough to own it publicly, just as he publicly acknowledges his particular guy's major physical shortcomings to compete adequately and how both Penn State's and Oklahoma State's big guys haven't done anything of significance, other than against us/his guy.
I dont think i have ever heard JB take the blame for anything in any press conference. I have never heard him put a loss or deficiency on himself. Its not in his DNA as he is too self conscious/thin skinned. Read his book.

Crabs in a bucket.

If they didn't find anything, and there was nothing to hide, nothing would have happened.

Also, three years after the program was "set back for many years," they were in the Final Four. And they had a Top 5 recruiting class in the country the following year (Winfred Walton included).

From there, they went to the Sweet 16 five and seven years after the program "was set back for many years," including a near upset of top seed Michigan State that was essentially a home game for the Spartans.

Might add that 10 short years after the infractions, they won a national title.

They did what they should have done, Boeheim and the program lost a single year of NCAA eligibility and that was that. They lost one scholarship for two years and weren't allowed to recruit for 6 months -- half of which came during the '92-93 season.

Do I think the NCAA came down hard against SU the second time around because JB was a repeat offender? Yes, I do. Do I think that is the Post Standard's fault? No. It is JB's fault - he is the head coach, and he is the one that the bulk of the blame should go to.

If they didn't find anything, and there was nothing to hide, nothing would have happened.

Also, three years after the program was "set back for many years," they were in the Final Four. And they had a Top 5 recruiting class in the country the following year (Winfred Walton included).

From there, they went to the Sweet 16 five and seven years after the program "was set back for many years," including a near upset of top seed Michigan State that was essentially a home game for the Spartans.

Might add that 10 short years after the infractions, they won a national title.

They did what they should have done, Boeheim and the program lost a single year of NCAA eligibility and that was that. They lost one scholarship for two years and weren't allowed to recruit for 6 months -- half of which came during the '92-93 season.

Do I think the NCAA came down hard against SU the second time around because JB was a repeat offender? Yes, I do. Do I think that is the Post Standard's fault? No. It is JB's fault - he is the head coach, and he is the one that the bulk of the blame should go to.

We had a blue chipper from Rochester that came here and kept the program a float through the bad period, (with the help of Moten, Autry, Sims and others). This time the savior from Rochester wound up playing for Washington.

We had a blue chipper from Rochester that came here and kept the program a float through the bad period, (with the help of Moten, Autry, Sims and others). This time the savior from Rochester wound up playing for Washington.
JB's fault again. He should have signed that damn autograph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom