JB's Presser after Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Duke

Ditota and Carlson blow Waters out of..the water. End of the day he’s a UNC guy. Explains it all

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Not even CLOSE.

What is? My opinion that I’d rather read the obituary’s then Waters bland boring coverage. I like the way Ditota and Carlson flow. They have actual talent. They also wouldn’t pull the little stunt he did with Quincy. It’s a weasel move

This fan base spends more time analyzing press conferences than all others combined. It must be the snow blindness that causes this phenomena.

LOL. So it's the Post Standard's fault that JB has been deemed to have been "lacking institutional control" twice?

I agree, the second was a witch hunt and is a joke. But the first one was not.

I'd also argue the second one was created by national media, not the Post Standard.

Stop with the pity party for JB.

Cheap car leases and free spaghetti, making guys that did good business in town look silly. Our program wasn't doing anything anyone else wasn't back then.

Cheap car leases and free spaghetti, making guys that did good business in town look silly. Our program wasn't doing anything anyone else wasn't back then.

They were caught. Bottom line.
If JB wasn't a jerk to the media, maybe he'd get the benefit of the doubt. But he is, and it is what it is.

What is? My opinion that I’d rather read the obituary’s then Waters bland boring coverage. I like the way Ditota and Carlson flow. They have actual talent. They also wouldn’t pull the little stunt he did with Quincy. It’s a weasel move
Just so you know, Mike was the New York state sportswriter of the year, just last year. So the people in the industry, who might know more than you about this material, gave him this award over all of the New york newspaper reporters. And of course over Donna and Carlson. Mike also writes for national magazines

Not for nothing, but Hak was the center on the last play against Kansas.

Didn't Hak have a ridic 7-9 wingspan?? Also dude could jump out of his shoes... Don't think we've had a better jumper at forward... Maybe Wes Johnson

Yup. One of the five times we've gotten a block.

Heck, now that I think of it, he's the reason JB has gone the route of looking for a super skinny guy to man the middle. You've solved it Capt!
I think Bourama had a block against Duke

Yup. One of the five times we've gotten a block.

Heck, now that I think of it, he's the reason JB has gone the route of looking for a super skinny guy to man the middle. You've solved it Capt!
BMK is the reason JB went super skinny at the center JB considers him the best defensive center we have ever had.

BTW when Baye got hurt the 25-0 season went straight down hill.

Just so you know, Mike was the New York state sportswriter of the year, just last year. So the people in the industry, who might know more than you about this material, gave him this award over all of the New york newspaper reporters. And of course over Donna and Carlson. Mike also writes for national magazines
Maybe Jim didn’t recognize him behind his trophy at the postgame news conference.

BMK is the reason JB went super skinny at the center JB considers him the best defensive center we have ever had.

BTW when Baye got hurt the 25-0 season went straight down hill.

So, we're going to roll the dice year after year on trying to re-create the magic of a back-up Center. God help us all.

So, we're going to roll the dice year after year on trying to re-create the magic of a back-up Center. God help us all.
I don't believe so but Baye played with much bigger more athletic forwards, CJ, Dirty, Grant that helped him tremendously.

Sidibe is less talented and is playing with less size around him.

We need to get back to having size at every position

Maybe Jim didn’t recognize him behind his trophy at the postgame news conference.
No It wasn't that. It was just Jim being his snide self. That has served him so well over the years. Might be why the NCAA likes him so much.

Is that kinda like some motion picture winning an Academy Award and the watching public goes...huh? ;):)

Disclaimer: I'm a fan of Mike Waters...just having some fun. :)

Is that kinda like some motion picture winning an Academy Award and the watching public goes...huh? ;):)

Disclaimer: I'm a fan of Mike Waters...just having some fun. :)
I was trying to think of some movie star that Mike was with but I am sure his wife wouldn't like that.

you really want to pick fights with the local media or play nice for the sake of your program ?. they dictate local coverage. good or bad. the comment wasn't necessary. mike is a well respected local reporter not some newhouse newbie . quote was public record. don't treat them like dog turds and expect anything less back in return. the whole "media is the enemy of the program" attitude sounds vaguely familiar these days. raise hell when the facts are wrong.sure. but when the facts are inconveniently detrimental don't blame them . they are the peoples press not your private PR mouthpiece..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom