JB's Presser after Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Ga Tech

The way he talked about the walks from Joe seems to me like that's something they have identified as an issue that he needs to get rid of, which explains a bit why he lost his mind on Joe on the sidelines. Must have been something he got away with in HS.

The way he talked about the walks from Joe seems to me like that's something they have identified as an issue that he needs to get rid of, which explains a bit why he lost his mind on Joe on the sidelines. Must have been something he got away with in HS.

I still question why they automatically call this a travel. Devo used to do this move all the time too. I need to see it closer. Reminds me of block/charge.

I still question why they automatically call this a travel. Devo used to do this move all the time too. I need to see it closer. Reminds me of block/charge.
Interesting to me as well. They give you the benefit of the doubt when the ball is traveling back up from the floor to take a step that doesn't count toward your 2 before a layup/shot, but not when you initiate the move and are in the process of dribbling. The first one was definitely a walk, but I thought the second one was too close to call.

Kinda stinks that when asked about Howard's 8 assists, instead of saying, "Yeah, Howard showed some improvement and found our shooters well", he had to make the comment that it's easy to get 8 assists when people are making shots. Is it true? I guess. Does it promote confidence and appreciation from your player? I'd imagine not.

Kinda stinks that when asked about Howard's 8 assists, instead of saying, "Yeah, Howard showed some improvement and found our shooters well", he had to make the comment that it's easy to get 8 assists when people are making shots. Is it true? I guess. Does it promote confidence and appreciation from your player? I'd imagine not.
He had already said Howard played a good game. And what he said about the assists is true.

It may have been more of a commentary about looking at assists as a defining stat for assessing point guard play. It’s true, since some very good passes, the right pass, can be made but if the shooter misses - it affects not just the shooter’s fg% but the point guard’s assist stats. I’m guilty too - stats like assists all have contexts - if you’re an excellent rebounding team, more opportunities for fast breaks and easier assists - bad rebounding team means less easy assists and poorer fg%.

The team rebounded well and to me that set a tone. Sid and Marek were active.

Now to get young Edwards to learn to stand his ground vs the big pushy guys done low. Fantastic hands and footwork.

I certainly hope that the players aren't as sensitive as some of the posters here.

I enjoy the assumption that players are even hearing half the things he says at these press conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom