JB's Presser after Ga Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Ga Tech

I still question why they automatically call this a travel. Devo used to do this move all the time too. I need to see it closer. Reminds me of block/charge.
It’s a simple thing

If you lift your pivot you must be shooting or passing! He is dribbling and he’s putting the ball on the floor to late. An easy call.

Last edited:
wait you can put it down if you are passing or shooting? since when?

It may have been more of a commentary about looking at assists as a defining stat for assessing point guard play. It’s true, since some very good passes, the right pass, can be made but if the shooter misses - it affects not just the shooter’s fg% but the point guard’s assist stats. I’m guilty too - stats like assists all have contexts - if you’re an excellent rebounding team, more opportunities for fast breaks and easier assists - bad rebounding team means less easy assists and poorer fg%.

Forget it. Boeheim haters gonna hate.

Even after a 34 point road win.

Forget it. Boeheim haters gonna hate.

Even after a 34 point road win.

I don't think there any any Boeheim haters. At this point the list of skeptics has just grown emboldening the early skeptics more. I've been an optimist for a long time amidst it all but have been pushed to skeptic after another dissappointing start. The evidence is against JB in terms of the results on the recruiting front and games.

Italy, Bucknell and now GTech are in the plus column. Cornell, Seattle and Colgate more neutral. UVA, PSU, OK State and Iowa in the minus. No hate, just healthy skepticism of a program that is not healthy right now. We need to get a run and hit 11-4 or 12-4. I think that would signal JB can be the catalyst to help this team turn the corner.

With that said- the positives from the tech win looked a lot like those vs Bucknell. We got open shots due to a mix of bad rotations/closeouts and good ball movement. Additionally, like vs Bucknell we took advantage of a team that is one of the worst in the country in ball security. We need to do this vs a team that shows something we have faced already and perform better against that challenge vs shooting 30 pct and getting crushed on the boards.

It was great to stomp the bees but we will need real progress vs GTown.

the main take us GT beat nC st and almost beat GA and Ark then beat Neb.. so they played a fairly good schedule against P5 teams and were 2-2 thats about what we can hope for.

we play GT/Miami/BC/ND/Clem/VT/Pitt/NC st/Wake 14 times. those are not heavy weights, have to find a way to win 8-9 of those and thats 16 wins. if we can win 6 of 7 at home we get to 7 wins even if we dont do anything well on the road the rest of the yr. We got 1 win. can we go 8-5 the rest of the way and then steal 1 game someplace else? thats 18 and bubble talk.

Last edited:
The thing about ga tech is they play a different style of defense. They didnt play aggressive m2m and try to bully us. Thats our kryptonite

wait you can put it down if you are passing or shooting? since when?
No I should have said you can’t lift your pivot up in what comes up must come down but the ball must be out!

I didnt mind the howa comments. Still not the best but it wasnt like jalen carey where jb put him down in a cruel manner.

No I should have said you can’t lift your pivot up in what comes up must come down but the ball must be out!
got it. thought i missed a major rule change.

its crazy how much walking they allow these days on shots, its like the jump stop doesnt even exist anymore. girls game is really bad at allowing it when they take 3s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom