JB's Presser after Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Georgetown

JB's a master of the squint, wince and grimace. biggest take away is that chukwa is apparently out for a long stretch. not that he would have played...

JB's a master of the squint, wince and grimace. biggest take away is that chukwa is apparently out for a long stretch. not that he would have played...

So much for Chukwu's development this year.

Thompson starts at center next year.

Brutal, and thats what you get when a Coach has "tenure " like a 26 yo english teacher. No pressure, the dome and 25k and history recruits itself. What these kids don't realize is...yes, they will be campus rockstars, but will not develop their game over 3-4 years .

Brutal, and thats what you get when a Coach has "tenure " like a 26 yo english teacher. No pressure, the dome and 25k and history recruits itself. What these kids don't realize is...yes, they will be campus rockstars, but will not develop their game over 3-4 years .

They're campus rockstars at every campus.

Any college basketball player, no matter where he goes is going to be a rockstar. Not just Syracuse.

What? Yes, but those other campus rockstar are that bc they are good and are headed for the pros

Nope, love everything cuse. I just look at things objectively, not through orange tinted glasses. If you don't have a problem with jimmys half court offense and/or his development of talent then you are either family or a blind donor.

Nope, love everything cuse. I just look at things objectively, not through orange tinted glasses. If you don't have a problem with jimmys half court offense and/or his development of talent then you are either family or a blind donor.
Even without my orange tinted glasses on, I'm not seeing the wealth of talent that the dome and 25k and history supposedly gets us. At least outside of Lydon, it wasn't there today.

If you want to offer a critique the half court offense while excluding it's execution by the actual players, be my guest.

Eh, this presser didn't sit well with me. It felt"different" no?

Even without my orange tinted glasses on, I'm not seeing the wealth of talent that the dome and 25k and history supposedly gets us. At least outside of Lydon, it wasn't there today.

If you want to offer a critique the half court offense while excluding it's execution by the actual players, be my guest.

I cant explain the half court offense other than stagnation. Also, i dont see the noise about Lydon leaving this year for the league. He has no game. For the love of god, stay and try and develop a game. Well, good luck with this staff.

:rolling:

He has game, but not NBA game. Believe me, i am waiting for his game to come out this season. He has been nonexistent this year for the most part for a guy thats supposed to be an NBA PICK.

I don't feel it's a talent issue. I like Lydon, Howard, White, Roberson and others.

But right now this team is not playing smart offensive basketball and is certainly not playing with any intensity on defense.

Why that is, I don't know.

I have to say. I don't like John Gillon for two basic reasons: (1) he holds the ball too long and (2) he is too small at the top of the zone to provide effective defense. I gather that Boeheim is playing him to score. But that is a tall order for the guy.

Generally, on offense, I don't see any body on body allowing our shooters to break free for open looks. I saw no effort to get Lydon shots. He created all of his own shots today.

On defense, I don't see double teams out of the zone - no pressure on the ball no matter where it is.

JB needs to gather himself and coach the heck out of this team.

Last edited:
I cant explain the half court offense other than stagnation
That's a big part of it. We saw glimpses of good ball movement today that seemed to work ok. I don't know if it's poor movement or the inability to execute the correct pass/play through the movement. Or too many guys looking for threes and not cutting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom