JB's Presser after Georgetown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Georgetown

As I just wrote, how come JB and Cal have the same number of final fours and the same number of NC's over that time period. It is one of the great mysteries of our time.

It actually isn't. It is prime evidence that the regular season is borderline insignificant. Very easily explained. So would you rather watch an inept team for 4 months and hope they figure something out in march or watch a team that gets better and better with each game?

Doesn't matter, they were developed when they were here and got better, his better players have all left for the league as they all do know, the guys that stick around are all borderline NBA players as many are in the current landscape, kids who know they can be NBA first rounders aren't staying 4 years for the most part, they just aren't.

Arinze is in the NBA fwiw, obviously you aren't an NBA guy. Rautins drafted as well

JB doesn't develop nba players, they were nba players when they were recruited. Whats next? Melo was developed into an nba player?

It actually isn't. It is prime evidence that the regular season is borderline insignificant. Very easily explained. So would you rather watch an inept team for 4 months and hope they figure something out in march or watch a team that gets better and better with each game?
again lol - did you watch kentucky last year in the mighty SEC - "gets better and better" - good god you're clueless

That is why we are so glad to have you here. Because you can educate us. For 40 years this program been a staple in college basketball. I suggest if you followed a different team, you would have problems with the way they do things. Even Saint Cal.

Nope, been watching cuse for 30 years and love the school. If you think JB is coaching well then, well, not sure what to tell you. The whole situation is rediculous, along with the coach in waiting situation.

lol So now the regular season is insignificant. And getting to the final four is easy. And yet, at the end of the day, 16 years, same results. Damn. It's all just luck. And the next time Cal plays in a league that is tough, will be the first time. A-10. Conference USA. SEC.

Nope, been watching cuse for 30 years and love the school. If you think JB is coaching well then, well, not sure what to tell you. The whole situation is rediculous, along with the coach in waiting situation.
Okay, do you think that Syracuse has been badly coached for the 30 years that you have been watching Syracuse basketball?

Even without my orange tinted glasses on, I'm not seeing the wealth of talent that the dome and 25k and history supposedly gets us. At least outside of Lydon, it wasn't there today.

If you want to offer a critique the half court offense while excluding it's execution by the actual players, be my guest.

This team is an assemblage of misfits, with a few core hand-picked recruits. Gillon is not 6'-0" - they lie - he is too small for the ACC, but JB is stuck. Coleman is being shunted as JB is not a post-up coach. Battle is progressing slowly, Roberson seems deflated, Thompson will be good, but not this year. White was a nice capture, but not good enough to salvage this team.

It will still be fun, but I fear a lot of sad losses and this may an NIT year.

again lol - did you watch kentucky last year in the mighty SEC - "gets better and better" - good god you're clueless

Kentucky plays a significant non conference schedule unlike us. Did you watch that? Ucla and NC for starters this year. Our OOC has been laughable for years. Just the last few years have we left the dome in the first few months, only after we were left out of the dance years back for playing a laughable OOC schedule.

Kentucky plays a significant non conference schedule unlike us. Did you watch that? Ucla and NC for starters this year. Our OOC has been laughable for years. Just the last few years have we left the dome in the first few months, only after we were left out of the dance years back for playing a laughable OOC schedule.
Cal has always played a tough out of conference schedule. It is easy for him because he knows his league schedule is a flat out joke. 3 final fours in 16 years. 1 National title. Just like us.

lol So now the regular season is insignificant. And getting to the final four is easy. And yet, at the end of the day, 16 years, same results. Damn. It's all just luck. And the next time Cal plays in a league that is tough, will be the first time. A-10. Conference USA. SEC.

Look at Cals OOC. then look at ours. He just beat NC on a neutral court tonight. Gimme a break.

A - not talking about this year because I agree - they are looking elite so far - talking about last year where they were up and down all season (again in a lousy conf) while then flaming out in the 2nd round... but "better and better" year after year, right?

JB doesn't develop nba players, they were nba players when they were recruited. Whats next? Melo was developed into an nba player?
So Rak was an NBA player when he averaged 5.8 ppg and 5.1 rpg his junior year? Gbinije was an NBA player after his sophomore year when he barely got off the bench and averaged 3.4 ppg?

Look at Cals OOC. then look at ours. He just beat NC on a neutral court tonight. Gimme a break.
And we beat teams like Duke at Duke. Except they have no one like that in their league. Cal has never had anyone like that in any league he has ever coached in. Oh, and we have gone just about everywhere and won. We even beat Coach Cal at Memphis when he was coaching there. We went to Arizona and won there. we beat Kansas in the state of Kansas. We have gone everywhere and won.

again, just look back to last year for example-
they lost non con to a middling ucla (barely made tourney) and a bad ohio st... in (the terrible sec) conf they lost to the likes of auburn, tennessee, lsu and vandy... finished year w 9 losses and 2nd round flame-out - yeah man that's rockin it!!! (with all the hand-picked talent $$ can buy)

Okay, let's talk about Cal. He was at Memphis for 9 years. He went to that easy to get to final four a grand total of once. went to the NIT a third of the time. He moved on to Kentucky. In the 7 years, he has gone to as many final fours as Syracuse has. 2. And the year he won, I would liked to against them with Fab Melo. And he is at Kentucky. The bluest of the blue bloods.
Kentucky went to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, He went to the Elite 8 in 2010, 2013-NIT, 2016-2nd round. He has been better than 2. Try double that.

Cal has always played a tough out of conference schedule. It is easy for him because he knows his league schedule is a flat out joke. 3 final fours in 16 years. 1 National title. Just like us.
Just stop

You are losing this battle and making a fool of yourself.. trust me I have been there 1000 times as I have been on this forum for 17 years. You should just stop.

When you are all alone and everyone else is telling you to stop, you should stop. You are way off here and it's not a matter of opinion.

Cal has more Final Fours than JB. 1996, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015. JB 1987, 1996, 2003, 2013, 2016.

Cal is a sleezeball but he has more Final Fours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom