JB's Presser after Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Georgetown

That's a big part of it. We saw glimpses of good ball movement today that seemed to work ok. I don't know if it's poor movement or the inability to execute the correct pass/play through the movement. Or too many guys looking for threes and not cutting.

I agree bro, dont get me wrong, i am dying for them to get it right. But, geeez, Jimmy hasnt developed players in the last decade.

Jim is going to earn his salary this season. The team has no cohesiveness, it's every man for himself without a true leader to execute the plays.

Last edited:
I cant explain the half court offense other than stagnation. Also, i dont see the noise about Lydon leaving this year for the league. He has no game. For the love of god, stay and try and develop a game. Well, good luck with this staff.

Right. Why is there stagnation at this point in the season already and against this type of hyped up game? I don't get it.

We just can't run good stuff anymore against athletes of our caliber I think. The players seem to have no Plan B or C and it breaks down and goes into default ISO mode. Maybe not so default with JB teaching offense. Who have we beaten that has been good since joining the ACC? Duke? We got lucky vs UVA in the tourney but seems like these days it is a struggle to get anything going offensively against anybody good. It's almost always stagnant against anybody decent and somebody we just can't overpower with size. I don't know. Something is wrong. Losing players early to the draft or whatever isn't an excuse. The big boys reload and rebuild quickly.

I agree bro, dont get me wrong, i am dying for them to get it right. But, geeez, Jimmy hasnt developed players in the last decade.
Oh Christ. We have guys that aren't top 10 players in high school leave after one year but jb doesn't develop anyone. This is right up there with it's easy to make the final four.

Jim is going to earn his salary this season. The team has no cohesiveness, it's every man for himself without a true leader to execute the plays.

Thats what Cal starts out with every year, but he coaches his ballz off and makes it happen.

Come on, stop with the sweeping generalizations, jimmy is HOF coach who I agree may need to look at retirement at the end of the year. He has developed arinze, Andy Rautins, Rick, mike G, and what about Christmas? he didn't improve while he was here? The maturation of scoop and waiters as well. In addition, the 5-6 players who have left early that probably should have stuck around another year or so. To say that JB hasn't developed players in last 10 years is just nonsense and unsubstantiated.

Come on, stop with the sweeping generalizations, jimmy is HOF coach who I agree may need to look at retirement at the end of the year. He has developed arinze, Andy Rautins, Rick, mike G, and what about Christmas? he didn't improve while he was here? The maturation of scoop and waiters as well. In addition, the 5-6 players who have left early that probably should have stuck around another year or so. To say that JB hasn't developed players in last 10 years is just nonsense and unsubstantiated.

What? Where are those guys in the nba?

Thats what Cal starts out with every year, but he coaches his ballz off and makes it happen.
Okay, let's talk about Cal. He was at Memphis for 9 years. He went to that easy to get to final four a grand total of once. went to the NIT a third of the time. He moved on to Kentucky. In the 7 years, he has gone to as many final fours as Syracuse has. 2. And the year he won, I would liked to against them with Fab Melo. And he is at Kentucky. The bluest of the blue bloods.

lol Cal has the top players in the country every year. Don't compare him with anyone other than Duke. It is a disgrace when they are not great.

You don't get it. Cal gets 8 studs to share munutes every year where they could have went somewhere else and played 36 minutes per night. Instead they play 18-20 and play as a team and light it up. Did you watch today? That's the way hoops should be played. We got beat by a gtown team today whom hasn't had a scorer since AI.

You don't get it. Cal gets 8 studs to share munutes every year where they could have went somewhere else and played 36 minutes per night. Instead they play 18-20 and play as a team and light it up. Did you watch today? That's the way hoops should be played. We got beat by a gtown team today whom hasn't had a scorer since AI.
you don't get it. Kentucky has always got players. They are the top of the pecking order of college basketball. And yet he has only gone to two final fours in his 7 years. Just like us.

Ok 2 in the past 7-8 years? And they are marginal nba players. Gimme a break.
Jb should have made them NBA stars? Ability has something to do with it.

you don't get it. Kentucky has always got players. They are the top of the pecking order of college basketball. And yet he has only gone to two final fours in his 7 years. Just like us.

Excuse me? He dominates all year!

Ok 2 in the past 7-8 years? And they are marginal nba players. Gimme a break.
you'd do yourself a favor to jump full on the Duke/Kentucky bandwagon then, because it obviously pains you to follow a team with a horrible coach that can't develop players

you'd do yourself a favor to jump full on the Duke/Kentucky bandwagon then, because it obviously pains you to follow a team with a horrible coach that can't develop players

Hey, if you are happy with the way this team plays, have fun. You obviously don't know the game if that is the case.

What? Where are those guys in the nba?

Doesn't matter, they were developed when they were here and got better, his better players have all left for the league as they all do know, the guys that stick around are all borderline NBA players as many are in the current landscape, kids who know they can be NBA first rounders aren't staying 4 years for the most part, they just aren't.

Arinze is in the NBA fwiw, obviously you aren't an NBA guy. Rautins drafted as well

As I just wrote, how come JB and Cal have the same number of final fours and the same number of NC's over that time period. It is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Hey, if you are happy with the way this team plays, have fun. You obviously don't know the game if that is the case.
That is why we are so glad to have you here. Because you can educate us. For 40 years this program been a staple in college basketball. I suggest if you followed a different team, you would have problems with the way they do things. Even Saint Cal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom