JB's Presser after ND | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after ND

Our offensive is mediocre and the team totally collapsed today. But our defense was mostly good lol.

huh?
probably because you posted something (on a discussion board) and I wanted you to clarify what you posted?
My bad I thought it was clear. Our defense was mostly good except game winning shot. My apologies.

Remember Brey going to the Elite 8 just using stall ball? The dude is an elite coach. That doesn't dismiss our offensive ineptitude, but a lot of other teams would have folded without their 2 best players - Brey is really, really good.

game winning shot was on a put back off a fast break. That isn't on the defense. The defense was nothing special. They played without their two top scorers for God's sake
I thought the D was good for the most part, lotta contested and blocked shots with some steals mixed in.

Remember Brey going to the Elite 8 just using stall ball? The dude is an elite coach. That doesn't dismiss our offensive ineptitude, but a lot of other teams would have folded without their 2 best players - Brey is really, really good.
I've said he was really good before and had people comment that he can't coach d only o

JB speaks out of both ends of his mouth sometimes. Earlier in the year he stated in a presser, and rather emphatically at that, that thinness of our guys is not an issue. Went on a rant on how Warrick was a whopping 180 lbs. his freshman year in relation to Marek, etc. Tonight, he says our guys are basically too thin to rebound and how our rebounding prowess up to the Wake game was just a myth. You know what's a myth too JB, that ND is a good team without Colson and Ferrell as you allude. No, they are not and the proof are the stats you quoted along with the fact that they only had to score 51 points (without their two best guys) to come out of the Dome with a W. This was a gift wrapped game for you and your team and they just stunk up the joint so bad that someone had to win in the end.

Against NC State right? Are they any good?
not really - kind of hard to tell with them - but point is your offense is humming if you score 90 on anyone

not really - kind of hard to tell with them - but point is your offense is humming if you score 90 on anyone

Hard to disagree. 90 is solid

JB speaks out of both ends of his mouth sometimes. Earlier in the year he stated in a presser, and rather emphatically at that, that thinness of our guys is not an issue. Went on a rant on how Warrick was a whopping 180 lbs. his freshman year in relation to Marek, etc. Tonight, he says our guys are basically too thin to rebound and how our rebounding prowess up to the Wake game was just a myth. You know what's a myth too JB, that ND is a good team without Colson and Ferrell as you allude. No, they are not and the proof are the stats you quoted along with the fact that they only had to score 51 points (without their two best guys) to come out of the Dome with a W. This was a gift wrapped game for you and your team and they just stunk up the joint so bad that someone had to win in the end.

I said that above. He also actually mumbled tonight that we had a 180 pound guy in there (Marek).

And JB needs to take ownership for these horrendous performances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom