JB's Presser after ND | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after ND

Howard should absolutely get a touch in final possessions. He’s our best three point shooter. Yes he is. He’s our best playmaker. yes he is. I invite any debate on this point. I’ve not given up on battle, or begun “bashing” battle. I just like to look at games this year rather than back to clemson last year.

Howard should absolutely get a touch in final possessions. He’s our best three point shooter. Yes he is. He’s our best playmaker. yes he is. I invite any debate on this point. I’ve not given up on battle, or begun “bashing” battle. I just like to look at games this year rather than back to clemson last year.
With the ball in Howard's hands, there is also a chance for him to penetrate and draw some defendres and possibly find a clean look for someone else.

I love Battle, but you pretty much know when the ball is in his hands to the end game, he won't be passing it.

With the ball in Howard's hands, there is also a chance for him to penetrate and draw some defendres and possibly find a clean look for someone else.

I love Battle, but you pretty much know when the ball is in his hands to the end game, he won't be passing it.
Bingo. Howard’s turned out to be the equal or better finisher as well.

sheer ignorance
Ummmmm...I don't wear orange color glasses. Howard is not a PG, will never be a good PG and is only starting due to weaker/younger players in his position.

Ummmmm...I don't wear orange color glasses. Howard is not a PG, will never be a good PG and is only starting due to weaker/younger players in his position.

It appears that he's the best PG we have at the moment. Probably the most versatile player on the roster.

Lack of passion? Holy hot take.

I didn’t realize the “gotta go NUTS! Get the boys fired up!!” stuff from the Marrone era football board made its way to hoops too, lol.
It’s ok to jump on the fans for that though, right?

It’s ok to jump on the fans for that though, right?

LOL, what? What does one have to do with the either?

I wouldn’t say Syracuse fans lack passion at all. It’s seemingly one of the larger fanbases that takes its hoops seriously out there. But for whatever reason, the Carrier Dome is pretty subdued for at least 3/4 of the game in most games.

Fans are either making noise or they’re not.

Suggesting an assistant coach lacks passion because they aren’t going nuts on the sideline is an enormous reach. Many head coaches don’t want their assistants going nuts on the sidelines. Many coaches are extremely passionate but believe in controlling their emotions, or just have personalities that don’t lend themselves to putting on a show going nuts.

LOL, what? What does one have to do with the either?

I wouldn’t say Syracuse fans lack passion at all. It’s seemingly one of the larger fanbases that takes its hoops seriously out there. But for whatever reason, the Carrier Dome is pretty subdued for at least 3/4 of the game in most games.

Fans are either making noise or they’re not.

Suggesting an assistant coach lacks passion because they aren’t going nuts on the sideline is an enormous reach. Many head coaches don’t want their assistants going nuts on the sidelines. Many coaches are extremely passionate but believe in controlling their emotions, or just have personalities that don’t lend themselves to putting on a show going nuts.

When the offense sputters the fans have a tendency to lose some enthusiasm. I know I do.

Last edited:
When the offense sputters the fans have a tendency lose some enthusiasm. I know I do.

Yep, when SU was stuck on 38 points for four minutes, that didn't inspire any noise. More like 'yeah, this is that stretch we'll look back on after they lose this game.'

Hes playing pretty damn good at the guard position right now

Apparently, we have Nostradamus on the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom