JB's Presser after ND | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after ND

Too many toothpicks out there for SU. Where was Moyer? Could have used his bulk on the boards. ND was knocking Marek around like a bowling pin. Probably our 2nd best rebounder. But he was banished to the doghouse early. Can't believe nobody asked him in the presser.

JB with some veiled references to non calls. frankly i thought we got away with murder underneath on some of those put backs.
and frankly frank traveled on one stumble drive and dish. don't think i pin this one on bad calls at all. we lost this on our own.

JB coached like crap today. The guys looked like the walking dead out there. Zero energy, no fire. Also our assistants look like they are at a wake. Dead lack of passion.

JB coached like crap today. The guys looked like the walking dead out there. Zero energy, no fire. Also our assistants look like they are at a wake. Dead lack of passion.
  • JB sucks
  • All the assistants suck
  • All the players suck
  • All the fans suck
  • Every medical professional in Syracuse sucks
This just isn't your week.

• JB sucks
  • All the players suck
  • All the fans suck
Medical guys made a comeback today. Sid looked better. Players were ok, fans really sucked, the coaches lacked energy. JB didnt get it done.
How in the world can you defend todays performance.

"Our inside guys are thin." Thought that didn't matter, JB?
His comment about our early dominance in rebounding being “a mirage” was garbage. We outrebound teams for 13 or 14 straight games to start the season (including games against Maryland, Gtown, Kansas, etc) but it’s all “a mirage”? He’s lost his mind. I thought rebounding was all about want-to, not size or bulk (his words). He says whatever’s convenient to explain a loss in these pressers and it’s irritating. He also takes zero blame for losses. Brey outcoached him in game planning and adjustments. It wouldn’t have taken much to win this game—being that we only lost on a last second turnover. I never saw him getting on the players to hustle more and crash the glass. And his play call at the end to iso Tyus was wrong. The ball should have been in Howard’s hands to drive and either dish to Tyus out on the wing, to one of the big guys cutting to the basket, or take it to the hoop himself.

I don’t agree with you much, but I agree his lack of energy was noticeable and mirrored our players lack of energy in the second half. Meanwhile Brey had his guys pumped for the last 5 minutes. And he made no adjustments when our offense stalled out in the second half. Too many excuses on his part at the presser. The loss is on the players failure to execute but his offensive strategy wasn’t working either.

Medical guys made a comeback today. Sid looked better. Players were ok, fans really sucked, the coaches lacked energy. JB didnt get it done.

How can you tell the coaches lacked energy from your TV set? Do they have a special video feed that just focuses on the coaches all game?

Because from where I was sitting at the game, JB and the staff seemed quite animated.

Too many toothpicks out there for SU. Where was Moyer? Could have used his bulk on the boards. ND was knocking Marek around like a bowling pin. Probably our 2nd best rebounder. But he was banished to the doghouse early. Can't believe nobody asked him in the presser.
Moyer looked like crap out there when he was in.

• JB sucks
  • All the players suck
  • All the fans suck

To be fair the fans made it out in this crap and Griff turned 72s free throw shooting around.

Outside of that, everything has sucked.

JB speaks out of both ends of his mouth sometimes. Earlier in the year he stated in a presser, and rather emphatically at that, that thinness of our guys is not an issue. Went on a rant on how Warrick was a whopping 180 lbs. his freshman year in relation to Marek, etc. Tonight, he says our guys are basically too thin to rebound and how our rebounding prowess up to the Wake game was just a myth. You know what's a myth too JB, that ND is a good team without Colson and Ferrell as you allude. No, they are not and the proof are the stats you quoted along with the fact that they only had to score 51 points (without their two best guys) to come out of the Dome with a W. This was a gift wrapped game for you and your team and they just stunk up the joint so bad that someone had to win in the end.
The journalists need to call him out on soMe of his ridiculous contradictions.

His comment about our early dominance in rebounding being “a mirage” was garbage. We outrebound teams for 13 or 14 straight games to start the season (including games against Maryland, Gtown, Kansas, etc) but it’s all “a mirage”? He’s lost his mind. I thought rebounding was all about want-to, not size or bulk (his words). He says whatever’s convenient to explain a loss in these pressers and it’s irritating. He also takes zero blame for losses. Brey outcoached him in game planning and adjustments. It wouldn’t have taken much to win this game—being that we only lost on a last second turnover. I never saw him getting on the players to hustle more and crash the glass. And his play call at the end to iso Tyus was wrong. The ball should have been in Howard’s hands to drive and either dish to Tyus out on the wing, to one of the big guys cutting to the basket, or take it to the hoop himself.
Howard should NEVER have the ball in his hands when game is on the line

Love JB, but talks out both sides of his face. Said we were a good rebounding team and today says it was a myth.
I said that above. He also actually mumbled tonight that we had a 180 pound guy in there (Marek).

And JB needs to take ownership for these horrendous performances.
He never takes ownership over the state of the team or program. I get there are always mitigating circumstances, but if we can beat Va Tech and Maryland at home, we should be able to beat a wounded ND. Terrible game planning and second half adjustments on his part. The offense shouldn’t be this bad, no matter who the players are. Your job is to teach them.

How can you tell the coaches lacked energy from your TV set? Do they have a special video feed that just focuses on the coaches all game?

Because from where I was sitting at the game, JB and the staff seemed quite animated.
  • JB sucks
  • All the players suck
  • All the fans suck
  • JB sucks
  • All the players suck
  • All the fans suck
Not the teams week either.

If that NC State vs Duke game was played prior to ours today, JB's presser would have been even more sensational on how good this deeply wounded ND team still is. He most certainly would've commented on how this ND team beat State by 24 points in the 2nd half (without Farrell & Colson)...the same State team that just beat a number one seed in Duke. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, Bonnies get pounded today by St. Joes, BC beats Wake, and Georgetown loses at home by 30 against Creighton.

He says whatever’s convenient to explain a loss in these pressers and it’s irritating. He also takes zero blame for losses.
He’s 72 years old. This is what grumpy old people do.

I don't agree with that perception. Sidibe was more or less forced to play, but he was dragging one of his legs. Looked terrible physically. But he came up huge when he was in the game because he's a skilled player and Howard looked for him.

I also felt Moyer should have been on the floor a bit more to counter balance the bulk ND was using. But I also yelled "get him out of the game" early on when he made that silly, lazy pass that got picked off and went the other way. He just does not seem to be on the same page as others on the floor whether it is delivering a pass or being in the right position to receive a pass. We can all complain about how poor this team performs but bottom line, not many options with 7 1/2 players.

Lack of passion? Holy hot take.

I didn’t realize the “gotta go NUTS! Get the boys fired up!!” stuff from the Marrone era football board made its way to hoops too, lol.

He never takes ownership over the state of the team or program. I get there are always mitigating circumstances, but if we can beat Va Tech and Maryland at home, we should be able to beat a wounded ND. Terrible game planning and second half adjustments on his part. The offense shouldn’t be this bad, no matter who the players are. Your job is to teach them.

I honestly don’t care what he says in those. I suppose if I’d done 1,000 of them, I wouldn’t put a ton of thought into it. Just say some BS and go home. Who cares? Affects nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom