JB's Presser after Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Pitt

It was almost as if JB had spent some time reading this board...
Some? I was lucky enough to glance at Boeheim's iphone home screen about 2 weeks ago. We are on page one! I couldn't believe it. I felt dirty so I looked away quickly, but there was no mistaking it. We were to the left of Tinder and to the right of deadspin. impressive.

Last edited:
The thing about Bud is he has written the same article saying the season was a failure when we have won 25 plus games and lost before the FF. I don't blame Boeheim. You can't have it both ways.

The thing with Bud is we know he doesn't even follow these things that closely. He seemingly takes every chance to write these dramatic "we are doomed" state of the program articles though.

Boeheim also mentioned how he was glad Bud came to the PC because he usually doesn't, and said something about how he's too busy writing about track and field or something. I briefly thought he was going to say "opera".

Some? I was lucky enough to glance at Boeheim's iphone home screen about 2 weeks ago. We are on page one! I couldn't believe it. I felt dirty so I looked away quickly, but there was no mistaking it. We were to the left of the Tinder app and to the right of deadspin. impressive.

I thought you were being serious until I saw the deadspin. lol Makes sense now, Boeheim wouldnt have that kind of time to waste!

He actually called last season's team the 2nd best of all time!
This is where JB plays word games, i thought last season he said 2nd most rewarding, not same thing obviously

Last year was a success no doubt. I will take a mediocre regular season for a Final Four.
With that said I will take great regular seasons with 2nd round or 3rd round NCAA runs as well. I made a post about Kansas I will bump after this.

Its true, we have looked like a tourney team last 2 games (altho that obviously doesnt mean we will make it to the tourney). But six guys is unsustainable. Need some mins from DC in certain situations and need to get FH in a decent frame of mind so he can provide sime mins too if necassary...
Theoretically, you could do it playing 5 or 6, but there's so little margin for error if a few guys are off their games. In these last two games, the five who played big minutes all performed very well, but that's a rare thing.

This is where JB plays word games, i thought last season he said 2nd most rewarding, not same thing obviously

Actually, I think that's what he said -- or at least meant -- on this occasion also. I don't believe he was saying it was his second-best team.

Its true, we have looked like a tourney team last 2 games (altho that obviously doesnt mean we will make it to the tourney). But six guys is unsustainable. Need some mins from DC in certain situations and need to get FH in a decent frame of mind so he can provide sime mins too if necassary...

Heck, I'll go beyond tourney and say we've looked top 25 the last 2 games. Agree with the 6 guy thing, and GLAD Boeheim mentioned FH and DC in this presser, after posters in the game thread wanted to kick FH off the team. lol

Theoretically, you could do it playing 5 or 6, but there's so little margin for error if a few guys are off their games. In these last two games, the five who played big minutes all performed very well, but that's a rare thing.
Too many variables, ie foul trouble, injuries, guys having off games...

The thing about Bud is he has written the same article saying the season was a failure when we have won 25 plus games and lost before the FF. I don't blame Boeheim. You can't have it both ways.

In truth, I think both guys -- JB and Bud -- have argued it both ways, and are happy to go with whichever version suits them at the moment.

That's also what happens when you've both been around for 100 years.

Last year was a success no doubt. I will take a mediocre regular season for a Final Four.
With that said I will take great regular seasons with 2nd round or 3rd round NCAA runs as well. I made a post about Kansas I will bump after this.

Boeheim also said something about how he'd be thrilled if we lose 12 regular season games and go to the final four every year. Bud asked if that's better than going 34-3, and Boeheim said yes.

Heck, I'll go beyond tourney and say we've looked top 25 the last 2 games. Agree with the 6 guy thing, and GLAD Boeheim mentioned FH and DC in this presser, after posters in the game thread wanted to kick FH off the team. lol
This is where its tough, if his attitude really is as bad as some have suggested, and he really did help torpedo Quade coming here, part of me says send him packing immediately. But we probably need a third guard. Imo AW really isnt it. Most of em are just kids, hopefully FH can figure stuff out...

Nobody wants to kick FH off the team for playing poorly.

I'm not sure on that, we may have to go back to the game thread for confirmation, but I don't wish to be argumentative. His transgressions were described as worse than the NCAA's ones.

1) it still hurts JB to praise roberson. say something nice and then get in a dig .
2) do you want john gillon takes 1/3 of our shots . is that a good formula.
3) what was that garbage about letting players play thru mistakes ?
Did Gillon make a single 2 in this game? We need to get guys driving and finishing, imo itsthe basis of JBs offense

This is where its tough, if his attitude really is as bad as some have suggested, and he really did help torpedo Quade coming here, part of me says send him packing immediately. But we probably need a third guard. Imo AW really isnt it. Most of em are just kids, hopefully FH can figure stuff out...

Yikes...I hadn't read much of the recruiting board. Is FH really being blamed for Quade?

Cant we blame Boeheim for Boeheiming Tucker or something?

It was almost as if JB had spent some time reading this board...
I just going to say the same thing. It's like the argument here last Monday! WOW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom