JB's Presser after Pitt | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Pitt

The comment on whether we have improved is kind of comical. We have lots of room to improve. That said it isn't just PSU , Iowa and Gtown having bigs that is the difference. Certainly doesn't hurt but isn't everything.

Hamilton is 6-9 250 and Brown 6-10 235.

I like the mindset of not getting complacent.

The comment on whether we have improved is kind of comical. We have lots of room to improve. That said it isn't just PSU , Iowa and Gtown having bigs that is the difference. Certainly doesn't hurt but isn't everything.

Hamilton is 6-9 250 and Brown 6-10 235.

I like the mindset of not getting complacent.
And minus @gtown we were favored in all those games with those “bigs” and our lean front court . People put way too much stock into that. It helps definitely, but consistent shooting trumps bigs IMO.

Defense gave up 40 to pitt in the second half and got outscored without Sidibe for 16 minutes, against a putrid offense.

Dolezaj lost his confidence and stood there on one play with the ball on our half of the court looking to pass it off instead of dribbling the length of the court after missing 2 shots. He should have more greenlight.

Defense gave up 40 to pitt in the second half and got outscored without Sidibe for 16 minutes, against a putrid offense.

Dolezaj lost his confidence and stood there on one play with the ball on our half of the court looking to pass it off instead of dribbling the length of the court after missing 2 shots.
Pretty sure JB wanted to slow it down at that point

Dolezaj lost his confidence and stood there on one play with the ball on our half of the court looking to pass it off instead of dribbling the length of the court after missing 2 shots. He should have more greenlight.

At the end of the day it’s a conference W. Being able to get those while struggling is key. Gotta be able to gut out some ugly wins.

Me too. All of that disparaging gets a little old. Without his better play we lose.
He is a player that coach must think can take criticism and plays better motivated.
We need to keep our edge and play well Tuesday. Winning 5 in a row and having Duke on deck on Saturday night might leave him a bit uneasy of a trap game. (Not that we are good enough to look ahead of anyone.)

Got a good line in there about Buddy needing to work on Free Throws.

I actually laughed out loud when Buddy missed those back to back free throws. If you look at Jim on the bench, he kind of puts his hands on his head, looks up, and slumps back in his chair. It was more the look of a father disappointed and feeling bad for his son than the look of a coach. He knows Buddy should make those.

At least that was my initial impression

Capel gave Q a lot of credit saying he was the difference tonight; JB tore him apart. Odd lol
I think JB likes this team and knows if the freshmen make the next step this year we can make a run.

College basketball is historically weak this year... too many guys in the G-league

From Mike Waters Quincy Guerrier's play vs Pitt not enough to satisfy Jim Boeheim
Guerrier smiled a smile as broad as his shoulders when told of Boeheim’s critique. He said he hears the same from Boeheim in practice.
“Oh yeah. Oh yeah,’’ Guerrier said. “Every time. He’s yelling at me, but that’s what I like. That’s how I’m going to get better.’’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom